Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Do you ever walk around having feelings of impending doom

Live less wondering what shoe is next to drop and more on the ones that move you forward .

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Remember this is not a dress rehearsal.

Make the most of it and cherish every moment.
    Master we are all being judged by a greater being. You already failed just from being a massive prick as a moderator

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sensitive people will always have that anxiety about them and I disagree with the having children solution. If anything it would make the feelings of impending doom even worse as an intelligent person can see quite clearly that society is going the wrong way and it will only ever be more difficult for the next generation unless you are rich. That would make it even more stressful, then there is the cost and time of having to raise a child.

My solutions are more simple and direct. All you can do really is work on the mind and body. Make sure you are getting the nutrition you need. Are you getting enough magnesium in your diet? That is natures body relaxer and stress reducer. Did you start going to the gym yet? That will get your body flowing and release natural feel good chemicals. Make sure you are not eating any harmful foods. Starting with those two areas is a good start. I feel better when I exercise and eat better, I turn to shit when I don't.
    Last edited by Gandalf; 08-09-2017 at 08:41 PM.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miles are you asking an ex forces guy like Walrus whether he has thought about going to the gym? We don't all stand behind a desk you know. Nobody is saying kids are a solution for anxiety or depression, just reflecting on the facts of our lives. Masters kids are still young and I now have 3 grandkids 5 and under running around a couple times a week. Believe me you do not have much time to spend thinking about your own demise when you have them around.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The reason I mentioned the gym, Beanz is because Walrus has mentioned he is thinking about joining a gym. If you are thinking about joining a gym it suggests that you have a desire or need to exercise. It is just good for you, innit? When you are feeling dark thoughts, the first thing to do is think about exercise and then diet. The mind is a rotter, but the best way to help it is to make sure everything else is ticking over properly. There was an episode of Chatterjee where he helped a young girl with trauma and anxiety and it seemed to be about those things.

If people want to have kids then good for them, but I don't think that is the first thing you think of doing when dealing with feelings of impending doom. When I am feeling down I don't think 'I better go and make a baby'. If anything it would create a lot more stress. I cannot speak for Walrus, but part of my own anxiety is a lack of security. I work on temporary contracts and it's difficult to just get through life. Wages out here have stagnated for over a decade and things only seem to be going one way. The nature of what I do means this kind of permanent dislocation, a permanent discombobulation of the senses, a continual unease. Life is difficult. It's never easy.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exercise is definitely good for your mind. You can do a lot at home though if you have a job that means you walk, carry and move around a lot. Free weights are not expensive and body weight exercises are manifold.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miles is right I did mention joining a gym. I don't work out that much anymore. My weekend job is physical, it's the kind of job you get beat up physically a bit so yes there is more I could do to help these thoughts but I have to admit I think I, and it's sad to say, enjoy being stuck in morbidity sometimes. I did buy a PlayStation 4 last November and I finally started playing it. A few published medical reports say video games are good for the brain and my help ward off dementia. Took me a while to find a game I liked but I got a Star Wars game and although I keep getting killed off its kind of fun. My most recent spell of impending dooms feeling has passed. I think I got a bit warped all the years of working mental health and jails etc. I think cutting back those hours and continuing in my new career is only going to help. Miles is right, life is very hard sometimes but once in a while u can squeeze out a few ounces of beauty, then it's back to the shit

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Miles is right I did mention joining a gym. I don't work out that much anymore. My weekend job is physical, it's the kind of job you get beat up physically a bit so yes there is more I could do to help these thoughts but I have to admit I think I, and it's sad to say, enjoy being stuck in morbidity sometimes. I did buy a PlayStation 4 last November and I finally started playing it. A few published medical reports say video games are good for the brain and my help ward off dementia. Took me a while to find a game I liked but I got a Star Wars game and although I keep getting killed off its kind of fun. My most recent spell of impending dooms feeling has passed. I think I got a bit warped all the years of working mental health and jails etc. I think cutting back those hours and continuing in my new career is only going to help. Miles is right, life is very hard sometimes but once in a while u can squeeze out a few ounces of beauty, then it's back to the shit
    You wouldn't be human if you didn't have them. It's a bit like when we listen to a song, you are drawn more to songs about lost love and existential dread rather than happy dance tunes where everything is all bubblegum glee. We are complex, sad, tragic souls and you cannot just erase it from your identity completely. I think sometimes if I wasn't moaning about something, then it wouldn't be me and that wouldn't be genuine either.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Between His excruciating shifts, car repairs, snowblower/lawnmower situations, Oreos and Slim Jim's, and Pall Malls, ****WALRUS AINT JOINING SHIT****

FACT

@Fenster

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

not unless Im in south Korea

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Parts of Texas are a couple feet away from becoming a permanent fish tank. Abscess tooth. Vindictive Ex. And Pop thinks he flew B-17's in Vietnam ffs. Great story when he tells it but makes no sense whatsoever. I admire the commitment . Been a bit of a doom day but we carry on.

doom is rated on a smaller scale per the individual.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Parts of Texas are a couple feet away from becoming a permanent fish tank. Abscess tooth. Vindictive Ex. And Pop thinks he flew B-17's in Vietnam ffs. Great story when he tells it but makes no sense whatsoever. I admire the commitment . Been a bit of a doom day but we carry on.

doom is rated on a smaller scale per the individual.
    Damn you hit that coming doom in the head. Hope you ain't near that epic deluge

Thread Information