Thread: Frampton & Barry Split!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's Official @Master! Frampton & Barry the Spiv Split!

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    ​Yes, sort of ...... but didn't he become bankrupt because he lost the court case against Eastwood?
    Yes.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    ​Yes, sort of ...... but didn't he become bankrupt because he lost the court case against Eastwood?
    Yes.
    So let me get this right. Mcguigan sues Eastwood, Eastwood defends himself, the courts side with him and somehow that's Eastwood's fault , or perhaps the Judges, or the Jury, or indeed anybody but McGuigan?
    And we're to believe Eastwood ripped off McGuigan. Hmmmm, possible, but remind me again, what was the title of that song that McGuigan released that got in the charts?
    Oh, yeah, I remember........ "THANK YOU MR. EASTWOOD" !!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carl Frampton: Eddie Hearn wants former world champion back at Matchroom

Eddie Hearn says he will give Carl Frampton a Belfast fight with Leo Santa Cruz if he joins his Matchroom stable.

The former two-weight world champion from Belfast ended his long-standing partnership with Barry McGuigan's Cyclone Promotions earlier this month.

Matchroom promoted Frampton fights early in his career and Hearn says they have "unfinished business".

"He's a box office star - I can offer him Windsor Park fights, Leo Santa Cruz in Belfast," said Hearn.

Frampton wants to complete a trilogy of fights with Santa Cruz, with Windsor Park his preferred venue.

The Mexican won their second duel in January to avenge his defeat by Frampton last year and regain the WBA featherweight title.

The 30-year-old split with his then-manager McGuigan's Cyclone Promotions earlier this month after Frampton's comeback fight with Andres Gutierrez was postponed a day before the planned Belfast bout.

Frampton weighed in one pound over the featherweight limit and hours later the fight was called off when the Mexican was injured after slipping in the shower.

Matchroom and Frampton parted ways in 2013 because of a potential conflict of interest with McGuigan, who also wanted to be his joint-promoter.

Four years later and Hearn wants Frampton back in his stable and with a possible fight later this year.

"He'll want to fight as soon as possible. It's September on Friday and you've got to get moving to get a fight this year," added the promoter.

"I'm sure he's going to be talking to people soon - I'm presuming he'll talk with us. We would be keen to do so and we're very keen to work with Carl Frampton.

"I don't know if he likes me but we don't have to be friends. I can give him the big fights he wants and buckets loads of money as well."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/41099303

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's Official @Master! Frampton & Barry Split!

Carl Frampton confirms Jamie Moore as new trainer after split from McGuigans

Belfast boxer Carl Frampton has confirmed Jamie Moore as his new trainer after his split from Cyclone Promotions and Shane McGuigan.

The two-weight world champion confirmed on Twitter that he would be linking up with Moore, who has worked with Matthew Macklin and Tommy Coyle.

Moore won Irish, British, Commonwealth and European titles during his career.

Frampton, 30, ended his long-standing partnership with Barry McGuigan's Cyclone Promotions last month.

The split came after the Northern Irishman's comeback fight with Andres Gutierrez was postponed a day before it was due to take place at the end of July.

Frampton weighed in one pound over the featherweight limit and hours later the fight was called off when the Mexican was injured after slipping in the shower.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/41177693

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Frampton & Barry Split!

Carl Frampton has joined MTK Global with the company acting in an advisory role with the former two-weight world champion.

"I feel they can get me the best deal with a promoter," said Framption, who aims to fight again later this year.

The British Boxing Board of Control said last week that Barry McGuigan was still contracted as Frampton's manager.

Frampton's legal team later told the board they believed his management contract with McGuigan was over.

The Belfast featherweight said he was a "free agent" a fortnight ago.

Frampton resigned as a director of McGuigan's Cyclone Promotions just before his last scheduled fight in July, which was controversially cancelled when his opponent suffered injuries after he slipped in the shower.

The 30-year-old is now trained by former British, Commonwealth and European champion Jamie Moore.

MTK Global is run by Matthew Macklin, a former European middleweight champion who works as a boxing manager.

Frampton's targets include a third fight with Leo Santa Cruz after January's defeat by the Mexican.

"There was always the possibility that I could go my own way," added the 30-year-old.

"But to have someone on your side advising you and getting you the best deal possible is always important and I feel Matthew Macklin and MTK Global can definitely do that.

"It would be my dream come true to fight Leo Santa Cruz in the third fight at Windsor Park and beat him, that would be pretty perfect and ideal.

"Lee Selby is a potential fight that I want, Gary Russell Jnr, Abner Mares - these are the kind of names and calibre of fighters that I want to face at some point."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/41321881

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes a split nothing new in boxing is it boxing is a business simple money is a very big factor people fall out.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting. Clearly Frampton blames them in some way for the Santa Cruz loss, and there was definitely something odd going on behind the scenes in the Gutierrez preparations.

Hopefully, one day we will find out.

You always end up looking a bit silly when this happens after you have been proclaiming your family type relationship, trust and love all over the media. Barry did the same thing with Barney Eastwood back in the day.
    Eastwood made Barry bankrupt.
    Slight case of dejavu here, Barry has issued proceedings against Frampton, Frampton intends to fully defend himself and is issuing a counter claim against Barry.

So much for being BFF's

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Interesting. Clearly Frampton blames them in some way for the Santa Cruz loss, and there was definitely something odd going on behind the scenes in the Gutierrez preparations.

You always end up looking a bit silly when this happens after you have been proclaiming your family type relationship, trust and love all over the media. Barry did the same thing with Barney Eastwood back in the day.
    Slight case of dejavu here, Barry has issued proceedings against Frampton, Frampton intends to fully defend himself and is issuing a counter claim against Barry.

So much for being BFF's
    Barry really should let it go, it is only money. They have a long history together and good memories.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So much for being BFF's
    Barry really should let it go, it is only money. They have a long history together and good memories.
    Oh yeah, it's only money enit? So easy to say when it's somebody Else's money!
    If he feels he's been shafted, why should he just roll over and accept it?
    I don't know who is in the wrong and who is in the right (like everybody, I've got my opinion on that), but all I know is that I fucking predicted all of this YEARS AGO, and you know that!
    But you didn't want to see it , because you thought that the McGuigans and Frampton were like something out of "the little house on the prairie!"
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

So much for being BFF's
    I don't know who is in the wrong and who is in the right (like everybody, I've got my opinion on that), but all I know is that I fucking predicted all of this YEARS AGO, and you know that!
    But you didn't want to see it , because you thought that the McGuigans and Frampton were like something out of "the little house on the prairie!"
    It is only money, look at Hatton and Billy Graham or Hamed and Ingle. Just stupidity because years after they realise that what they had was more important.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So much for being BFF's
    It is only money, look at Hatton and Billy Graham or Hamed and Ingle. Just stupidity because years after they realise that what they had was more important.
    Yep, and unicorns exist and Elvis is still alive!
    Mate, it's not about money, it's about feeling deceived and shafted by people you entrusted your whole life in.
    Like I said , I don't know who's right or wrong, maybe they both are. But they are proud men who feel like they've been fucked over.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 11-27-2017 at 02:15 PM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only guys that win are the lawyers.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So much for being BFF's
    Mate, it's not about money, it's about feeling deceived and shafted by people you entrusted your whole life in.
    Like I said , I don't know who's right or wrong, maybe they both are. But they are proud men who feel like they've been fucked over.
    They both stated that they left on good terms and that should have been the end of it. Whoever instigated it should have left it alone. It is vindictive, spiteful and counter productive.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So much for being BFF's
    They both stated that they left on good terms and that should have been the end of it. Whoever instigated it should have left it alone. It is vindictive, spiteful and counter productive.
    Well that was our bazza who did that

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Then Barry let the side down and should know better.

Thread Information