Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Frampton & Barry Split!

How long ago did I tell you this would happen? YEARS AGO!
    Hopefully I get this right.
    First you post the link from your favourite website .
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/40951707

Then you copy and paste the story anyway, is that right?

Carl Frampton's partnership with Barry McGuigan 'may be close to ending'
    By Stephen Watson
    BBC Sport Northern Ireland
    3 hours ago From the sectionBoxing
    Share this page

Carl Frampton's partnership with Barry McGuigan 'close to ending'
    Carl Frampton's partnership with manager Barry McGuigan may be close to ending, BBC Sport NI understands.

Frampton's scheduled bout with Andres Gutierrez on 29 July was called off.

Frampton, 30, was one pound overweight for the bout but the contest was still scheduled to go ahead until the Mexican was injured after slipping in a shower.

When asked on Wednesday whether there was a rift in the camp and if a split was imminent, McGuigan's Cyclone Promotions declined to comment.

Frampton, meanwhile, was unavailable for comment.

After the late postponement of the 29 July bout, Frampton and McGuigan both apologised to the public but BBC Sport NI has been told by reliable sources that, behind the scenes, the relationship is beginning to unravel.

Less than 10 days before Frampton's scheduled contest with Gutierrez, the Belfast boxer resigned as a director of Cyclone Promotions.

Frampton guided by McGuigan since 2009

Frampton has been guided by McGuigan since signing a professional deal with the former world featherweight champion in 2009 and the duo's relationship had appeared exceptionally close until very recently.

The fighter is also trained by McGuigan's son Shane while the manager's wife Sandra and their other sons Blain and Jakeare also heavily involved in Cyclone Promotions.

Earlier this year, there was a three-part documentary series on BBC TV, Fight Game: The McGuigans, which looked at the inner workings of Cyclone Promotions and followed closely Frampton's preparations for both his world title bouts in the US with Leo Santa Cruz.

After landing the European belt by beating Kiko Martinez in February 2013, Frampton defeated the Spaniard again 19 months later to win his first world title as he clinched the IBF super-bantamweight title.

Barry McGuigan (left) celebrates as Frampton is hoisted into the air by trainer Shane McGuigan after his victory over Leo Santa Cruz in New York a year ago
    Carl Frampton is trained by Barry McGuigan's son Shane
    Frampton added the WBA belt to the IBF crown in February 2016 as he overcame England's Scott Quigg in one of three successful world super-bantamweight title defences before defeating Leo Santa Cruz in New York to win the WBA featherweight title just over a year ago.

That sensational win made him Northern Ireland's first ever two-weight world champion and he was later named boxer of 2016 by both Ring Magazine and ESPN.

However, Santa Cruz avenged his New York defeat as he beat Frampton in Las Vegas to regain the WBA featherweight title last January.

After six months out of the ring, Frampton was supposed to fight Gutierrez in his home town just over two weeks ago but the Mexican's slip in his shower ultimately saw that fight being called out at the 11th hour after the Belfast man had been one pound overweight on the scales earlier in the day.

Frampton looked uncomfortable as he and McGuigan were jointly interviewed following the bizarre series of events which led to the cancellation of the Gutierrez contest.

BBC Sport NI understands that the postponement of the contest put added pressure on an already strained relationship and the expectation now is that Frampton will attempt to leave Cyclone Promotions.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 08-22-2017 at 06:40 AM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Me doing my best impression of @Master

fail

@Master always puts the link after the article that he has pasted

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah Master would never be straight in there with an article/link off the bat. He'd wait until at least half a dozen people have discussed the matter, then just as they begin to move on to different subjects, bam! In he comes with his no longer news news.

Poor effort Im afraid
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I was gunna do an @Master impression it'd be something like this...

I hate Floyd
    I hate Eddie
    I hate Floyd
    I won't pay for fights
    I hate Floyd
    PPV is a rip off
    I tell bad jokes in the joke thread
    Eddie Hearn is a prick
    I CHASED OFF PAUL KEVIN

God damn you Master, you broke my heart when you sent that lovely young man away with your constant bullying.

I often stare at the setting sun and wonder what PK is doing now, I often imagine that he is working tirelessly to feed the homeless or rescuing kittens from burning houses and just being fucking great, unfortunately we will never know thanks to Master 😢

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry guys, I clearly didn't do my homework. A poor effort on my behalf. What with this and my posts on Little guys and p4p on the other thread, I'm not having a very good day! 😂

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh, PK's around..... with a new alt.

He'll emerge soon enough.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barry is a god and was because he fought on the BBC where he got his loyal fan base. That night fighting Pedroza at QPR ground was unforgettable. Millions were watching and sky could never get those figures.

Frampton will always be like a son to him. They leave on good terms. They will forever be friends.

You are all cunts and I hate you all more than I do Eddie.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Barry is a god and was because he fought on the BBC where he got his loyal fan base. That night fighting Pedroza at QPR ground was unforgettable. Millions were watching and sky could never get those figures.

Frampton will always be like a son to him. They leave on good terms. They will forever be friends.

But not Floyd?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

But not Floyd?
    I detest Floyd more than I do Primo.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Told you so didn't I ?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Uh, really?

http://www.boxingscene.com/carl-fram...s-wife--125102

There are all sorts of rumours going around, and it is all gonna come out! There's even stories about how that Boxer who "fell in the shower" got those injuries! Heavy stuff.
    @Master , you're idol is not gonna come out smelling of roses, I guarantee that.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Frampton & Barry Split!

It is unfortunate that it has come to this.

I have just watched Ricky Hatton on Box Nation celebrating his win against Kostya and he had Warren next to him and Ricky said he has made up with Billy Graham too.

This is going to be the same even if it takes 10 years to figure it out.

Thread Information