Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much faster will mayweather be in 8 oz gloves now its been approved?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How much faster will mayweather be in 8 oz gloves now its been approved?

I just wondered. Of course you have the power difference but what about speed? Dont think ive worn anything less than 12 oz for years and even then im no pro.

Anyone have an idea of the kind of speed advantage? Or is it a straight 20 percent lighter so 20 percent faster.

Could be why he agreed to the 8oz tbf

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How much faster will mayweather be in 8 oz gloves now its been approved?

Quote Originally Posted by oakleyno1 View Post
    I just wondered. Of course you have the power difference but what about speed? Dont think ive worn anything less than 12 oz for years and even then im no pro.

Anyone have an idea of the kind of speed advantage? Or is it a straight 20 percent lighter so 20 percent faster.

Could be why he agreed to the 8oz tbf
    Floyd knows he has all the advantages so this is one he can turn in his favour. Floyd wants to stop Conor and this will help him do that, he tried to be aggressive with Cotto and it did not work with the pillows he was wearing but I think he will stop Conor in the fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I just wondered. Of course you have the power difference but what about speed? Dont think ive worn anything less than 12 oz for years and even then im no pro.Anyone have an idea of the kind of speed advantage? Or is it a straight 20 percent lighter so 20 percent faster.Could be why he agreed to the 8oz tbf
    Floyd knows he has all the advantages so this is one he can turn in his favour. Floyd wants to stop Conor and this will help him do that, he tried to be aggressive with Cotto and it did not work with the pillows he was wearing but I think he will stop Conor in the fight.
    I do too, but after he lets it go several rounds to make it a show. Still 50/50 he might let it go the distance, but shame on him if he does.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How much faster will mayweather be in 8 oz gloves now its been approved?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    I just wondered. Of course you have the power difference but what about speed? Dont think ive worn anything less than 12 oz for years and even then im no pro.Anyone have an idea of the kind of speed advantage? Or is it a straight 20 percent lighter so 20 percent faster.Could be why he agreed to the 8oz tbf
    I do too, but after he lets it go several rounds to make it a show. Still 50/50 he might let it go the distance, but shame on him if he does.
    It would be embarrassing for Floyd if it went the distance.

Floyd will wait and tire Conor out.

If I was Conor I would not engage and let Floyd walk into my big left hand.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is an underrated puncher in my opinion
    He's a crap finisher but he's a decent puncher
    And I think he'll suprise Conor with his power
    He hits a hell of a lot harder than Paulie that's for sure.

Conor is used to sparring with 12oz gloves and headgear
    Now he's fighting the most accurate puncher in Boxing
    Who's wearing 8oz gloves so I think he'll be in serious trouble.

I wouldn't be suprised if we saw Conor on the canvas in the first
    He looks so open and I think Mayweather is just going to hit him at will.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They could be using 8 or 10 oz gloves and don't think it will make a lick of difference. If Coners camp could only get a rule change where no 2,3,4 punch combos can be thrown? That's what he needs to worry about.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh but he looked soooooo good hitting that heavy bag.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He won't really go after him, he doesn't care about the stoppage; he cares about dollazzz and to keep his record without defeats. He says that to play in Connor's head. The glove difference MIGHT help Connor a bit, giving him a slight advantage somewhere, but there is so much stacked against him that I doubt it'll really play a role. It's all to make sure that Connor has no excuses and that his fans neither.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post

Floyd can not punch since he moved to welterweight and he has brittle hands which is why he also wears pillows for gloves. Floyd got his stoppage victories at the weight by Hatton being exhausted fighting him and the ref and Ortiz was sucker punched and even then Ortiz faked the fall to get Floyd disqualified.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd can not punch since he moved to welterweight and he has brittle hands which is why he also wears pillows for gloves. Floyd got his stoppage victories at the weight by Hatton being exhausted fighting him and the ref and Ortiz was sucker punched and even then Ortiz faked the fall to get Floyd disqualified.
    I'm not commenting on this circus act of a fight, but You have to read the first and third lines of @GaMo's post .
    Floyd has enough power to stop you in your tracks and make you think twice about committing. it's not KO power, or concussive, he doesn't commit enough for that. It's been proved time and again.
    for example , in the first couple or so rounds against Manny, you could see that when Floyd countered him, he thought twice about coming forward. You could almost hear him thinking "fuck! I didn't expect that!" and this is what guys don't realize until they get in the ring with Floyd.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

I'm not commenting on this circus act of a fight, but You have to read the first and third lines of @GaMo's post .
    Floyd has enough power to stop you in your tracks and make you think twice about committing. it's not KO power, or concussive, he doesn't commit enough for that. It's been proved time and again.
    for example , in the first couple or so rounds against Manny, you could see that when Floyd countered him, he thought twice about coming forward. You could almost hear him thinking "fuck! I didn't expect that!" and this is what guys don't realize until they get in the ring with Floyd.
    I am not commenting on you not commenting
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

And so by Primo commenting that he wasn't commenting, you said that you wasn't going to comment on Primo not commenting but by doing so you have commented which means that when you said you wasn't commenting you really were commenting.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

And so by Primo commenting that he wasn't commenting, you said that you wasn't going to comment on Primo not commenting but by doing so you have commented which means that when you said you wasn't commenting you really were commenting.
    No Comment.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

T.b.e.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

According to some sports scientists:

http://mmaimports.com/2017/08/sports...ly-good-conor/
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Thread Information