"You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Margarito vs. Jones Stream?

Carson Jones is my current favourite fighter (along with Sam Eggarito), I knew he'd give this version of Margarito a hiding but was more confident he'd get shafted in Mexico (luckily held back on my bet).

Sounds like Margarito quit in the 7th, but they gave him the fight anyway by ruling it a TD and going to the scorecards where unsurprisingly he was pissing it.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Carson Jones is my current favourite fighter (along with Sam Eggarito), I knew he'd give this version of Margarito a hiding but was more confident he'd get shafted in Mexico (luckily held back on my bet).Sounds like Margarito quit in the 7th, but they gave him the fight anyway by ruling it a TD and going to the scorecards where unsurprisingly he was pissing it.
    I found a Facebook live camera phone video of the fight no thanks to you fucks! LolI was confused at the ending as I thought he stopped Margarito. Looked to be a very corrupt and sleazy call. How can macho Margarito pretend he won?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't get to see it, but top boxing writers/judges (like Graham Houston) not prone to hyperbole are calling it "bullshit"

Sounds like Margarito started well then Jones out-badassed him and tookover.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I did not even know about the fight!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I did not even know about the fight!
    It was on the "Bein" Mexican channel.Liked to be a good crossroads matchup on paper. Jones hit him with a lot of right hands. Some headbutts n low blows too.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito Wins Bloody, Controversial Decision Over Carson Jones

"Manuel Bernardo Aguirre" Gymnasium in Chihuahua, Mexico - A battle of junior middleweights saw former welterweight champion Antonio "Tornado de Tijuana" Margarito (41-8-0, 27 KO's) win a seven round technical decision over Carson "Mr" Jones (40-12-3, 30 KO's) in a bout scheduled for ten rounds.
    At the time of the stoppage, Jones had taken over the fight. Margarito was fading quickly and taking a lot of punishment. He appeared to be spent by the end of the seventh.

When the fight was waved off, it was initially thought by everyone that Jones had secured a TKO victory. But then the referee advised everyone that Margarito was having issues with his right eye, which was cut and bleeding from what the referee ruled was a clash of heads in the second round, so they went to the scorecards. The scores were 67-65, 68-64 and 67-65. The announcers in Mexico had a 66-66 draw at the time of the stoppage and had Jones winning the last three rounds of the fight.

Margarito is now hoping to target a trilogy showdown with Puerto Rico's Miguel Cotto (41-5, 33 KOs) in December. Last Saturday night, Cotto returned to the ring and captured the vacant WBO junior middleweight title with a twelve round decision over Yoshihiro Kamegai.

At 39-years-old, Margarito is looking to secure a big fight sooner than later.
    Jones and Margarito started the fight with both of them swinging away with hard shots.
    At the start of the second, they traded some heavy blows and a bad cut opened up above the right eye of Margarito - which was ruled as the result of a head clash. The doctor took a look at the cut and then allowed the action to resume.

They continued to fight on the inside, in each passing around, with hard punches being exchanged by the two of them. Both boxers had their moments and the action was close and furious. Margarito showed off his well known chin, as he took some crippling shots from Jones and continued to fight.
    Jones was penalized a point in the fifth round for yet another clash of heads and the referee was losing his patience with the tape around Jones' gloves, as there were several breaks to cut dangling loose tape.

In the seventh, Margarito was jabbing more often but it didn't take long before he was back trading punches with Jones. During the exchanges Jones would land some very big shots that were rocking Margarito. Jones controlled the round from start to finish and Margarito appeared to be in complete survival mode with very little in the gas tank.

In the fall of 2011, Cotto avenged his first career defeat with a ninth round stoppage of Margarito in their rematch, after the ringside doctor felt Margarito's right eye was too badly swollen to continue in the fight.

Because of the right eye issue, he walked away from the sport for four years and finally made his return in early 2016. And this was his third fight in the comeback. The first two bouts saw Margarito pick up victories over Jorge Paez Jr. and Canelo's older brother Ramon Alvarez.

Last November, Jones picked up a big win in the UK with a stoppage over undefeated prospect Ben Hall.

http://www.boxingscene.com/margarito...esults--120096

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carson Jones was battering him at the end, that was scandalous.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Caught it on Bein last night and definitely looked like a manufactured way out as ref, Doctor and corner people gathered around and had a long chat. Margarito looked like a dumpster fire the last couple of rounds minus the intensity. He started 7th with push jabs but was being bulled back, off balance and caught flush by end. He looked hurt to body along the ropes to point of lifting his leg once and slipped to canvas prior. The cut was off to side but was big, still it was a shitty favor done for him and though I don't speak Spanish the way Jorge Arce was yelling on mic it sounded like he thought he opted out or he lost outright. Jones knew he was about to be screwed before cards and looked in control and Margarito by all looks of it was going to get stopped. The card seemed a set up for rematch with Alvarez but he also was bit fortunate to receive a "draw" in co main event. If Margarito thinks he is getting a Cotto rematch he is as high as a kite.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They fought in Chihuahua, Mexico. Did anyone expect anything else??

Let's see....

Not only was there questionable scoring from the judges, but (cough, chuckle) the timekeeper got confused in Round 4 and ended the round early, just when Jones was taking Margarito to task. Then the questionable end to the fight itself.

I can imagine the cartoonish Mafia-like scene in Round 4 where a boxing commission official scoots over next to the timekeeper and makes some sort of veiled threat if he doesn't ring the bell.

What a f*cking circus.

Yeah... Margarito now wants a mega payday from a third fight with Cotto.

My answer would be: "Your check is in the mail."

He's made too much money after getting caught cheating already.

Thread Information