Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gennady Golovkin vs Saul Alvarez

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    GGG was missing most of those shots. Yiu guys gatta get it together. Sure, the Byrd scorecard was shit. But, GGG was chasing Canelo all night but landing 1 out of every 5 shots. Canelo was landing 1 out of every 3. Canelo was more effective, and better counter puncher. GGG fought hard, but pressure alone cannot win a fight- you have to score punches. GG did not do that effectively!
    Completely agree and I wanted GGG to win.

Canelo outboxed and countered.

7-5 Canelo.
    Doesn't change the fact that the fight was obviously fixed from the off, if that stupid bint would have just scored the fight that way as well then I wouldn't have a problem, 115/113 I can deal with.
    The fight was obviously fixed from the off as many on here correctly predicted.
    I think the draw card was most spot on of the list and do agree the score was bad with the judge but that judge always has bad scores. Just wondering how you scored the fight other score cards were pretty close together. I gave Canelo 1-4 and then 10-12 but i would not have problem with few scores being different because of style preference. It all depends on how you scored early rounds which some where close to each other.
    I thought Golovkin won the majority of the early round but it was close.
    You and I score fights different main reason we never agree on the Hagler and Leonard fight. I am ok with 114-114 or 115-113 for either fighter if not for the 118-112 score would not be having as much outrage as we are.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG - 115-113 - Ginger Pubes
    That is fine i am guessing you saw the first rounds different then i did which i am learning is just the way it is. I come to the conclusion that people just score different main problem i do have with judge scoring beside bad ones is that it is not done by them watching a tv screen like the rest of us. I do not know how seeing a fight at different angles from there view is better then watching it on screen hard enough to be consistent with judging as it is now.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG was missing most of those shots. Yiu guys gatta get it together. Sure, the Byrd scorecard was shit. But, GGG was chasing Canelo all night but landing 1 out of every 5 shots. Canelo was landing 1 out of every 3. Canelo was more effective, and better counter puncher. GGG fought hard, but pressure alone cannot win a fight- you have to score punches. GG did not do that effectively!

7-5 Canelo.
    Doesn't change the fact that the fight was obviously fixed from the off, if that stupid bint would have just scored the fight that way as well then I wouldn't have a problem, 115/113 I can deal with.
    I think the draw card was most spot on of the list and do agree the score was bad with the judge but that judge always has bad scores. Just wondering how you scored the fight other score cards were pretty close together. I gave Canelo 1-4 and then 10-12 but i would not have problem with few scores being different because of style preference. It all depends on how you scored early rounds which some where close to each other.
    You and I score fights different main reason we never agree on the Hagler and Leonard fight. I am ok with 114-114 or 115-113 for either fighter if not for the 118-112 score would not be having as much outrage as we are.
    This was like the Hagler v Leonard fight in many ways. One judge had it the same 10 rounds for Canelo/Leonard. Crazy and corrupt

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

7-5 Canelo.
    This was like the Hagler v Leonard fight in many ways. One judge had it the same 10 rounds for Canelo/Leonard. Crazy and corrupt
    I can agree on the fucked up judge score and it is bad that it is still here. That being said i do not think it was robbery with the outcome being a draw all it takes is different preference and a close round change fight outcome.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

7-5 Canelo.
    I can agree on the fucked up judge score and it is bad that it is still here. That being said i do not think it was robbery with the outcome being a draw all it takes is different preference and a close round change fight outcome.
    I was really pissed at the Kov vs Ward first fight and i was not happy about GGG last fight score before he fought Canelo. Then i watch it few times and came to conclusion that people will score rounds different and close rounds will just go the other way around there no exact way to judge. The fix would just to give even rounds but those never happen which means that close round will go to your fighter or the other guy fighter just the way it is.

Thread Information