Thread: Beating undefeated fighters..

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Beating undefeated fighters..

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Ike Ibeabuchi would have lost to Lennox in 1999 but think he had enough to beat Tyson and possibly Holyfield.
    Evander's ability to counter punch and his ability to take punishment and his ability to box....I think he'd really expose Ike.

Again other fighters like Ike, from his country, similar styles: Samuel Peter, David Izon, Friday Ahunaya, etc those guys could look amazing but then after a while they were found out. I believe Ike Ibeabuchi would eventually have been found out.
    I think Evander was just past his best then although he gave a good showing against Lennox in the rematch.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Ike Ibeabuchi would have lost to Lennox in 1999 but think he had enough to beat Tyson and possibly Holyfield.
    Evander's ability to counter punch and his ability to take punishment and his ability to box....I think he'd really expose Ike.

Again other fighters like Ike, from his country, similar styles: Samuel Peter, David Izon, Friday Ahunaya, etc those guys could look amazing but then after a while they were found out. I believe Ike Ibeabuchi would eventually have been found out.
    I think Evander was just past his best then although he gave a good showing against Lennox in the rematch.
    He wouldn't have to be his best IMO....after the Tua fight it was going to go downhill quickly for Ike

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He wouldn't have to be his best IMO....after the Tua fight it was going to go downhill quickly for Ike
    Yes it did but if he stayed mentally healthy he would have been the second best heavyweight at the time.

El Kabong Guest

Yes it did but if he stayed mentally healthy he would have been the second best heavyweight at the time.
    I'm not even talking about his psychological troubles. Chris Byrd had 26 fights when he fought Ike, Tua was young when he fought Ike and they both messed up vs Ike....Byrd was a guy who wouldn't block punches, he'd make you miss, Tua wouldn't box he'd slug....now put a more versatile boxer in there and boom Ike Ibeabuchi is dead average just like: Sam Peter, just like David Izon, just like Friday Ahunaya.

That was coming.

Sam Peter was 24-0-0 before he ran into Wlad. David Izon was 18-0-0 before he ran into Maurice Wheeler. Friday Ahunaya was 16-0-0 before coming across Liakhovovich.....and Ike Ibeabuchi was 20-0-0 and running out of youngsters and tomato cans to fight he was going to be found out and my guess is Holyfield, Lewis, etc would have done it.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not even talking about his psychological troubles. Chris Byrd had 26 fights when he fought Ike, Tua was young when he fought Ike and they both messed up vs Ike....Byrd was a guy who wouldn't block punches, he'd make you miss, Tua wouldn't box he'd slug....now put a more versatile boxer in there and boom Ike Ibeabuchi is dead average just like: Sam Peter, just like David Izon, just like Friday Ahunaya.

That was coming.

Sam Peter was 24-0-0 before he ran into Wlad. David Izon was 18-0-0 before he ran into Maurice Wheeler. Friday Ahunaya was 16-0-0 before coming across Liakhovovich.....and Ike Ibeabuchi was 20-0-0 and running out of youngsters and tomato cans to fight he was going to be found out and my guess is Holyfield, Lewis, etc would have done it.
    I think Ike was better because he beat very good prospects in Tua and Byrd but if Vitali was around then he would have lost to him. (just checked Vitali was around and lost to Byrd).

El Kabong Guest

That was coming.

I think Ike was better because he beat very good prospects in Tua and Byrd but if Vitali was around then he would have lost to him. (just checked Vitali was around and lost to Byrd).
    Again...Tua pure slugger, Byrd pure boxer....take a 50/50 guy at a title contender/champion level and Ike loses but that's my opinion on him. I watched other fighters, similar styles, similar build, similar fight plans build up a run of wins and then turn to absolute shit once they hit the big league. Sure wins over Tua and Byrd are more impressive than anything the aforementioned fighters did, but those guys were very young at the time.

Vitali lost to Byrd due to injury, no big deal IMO. But yes Vitali vs Ibeabuchi would have been something to see.

Thread Information