Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default M.I.A - Keith Thurman

Elbow injury must be fixed now..ffs.

The 147 division is waiting for someone to completely take it over..Floyd is retired and Manny is a part time fighter.

We all know Bob arum will be cherry picking fighters for Crawford (only in his stable) for the next two years so who else is going to make this happen.

I used to like Garcia but he has no excuse for not making the Porter fight..at least Porter wants to fight the best.

Spence?

A new improved Khan? (Don't laugh)

Who needs to make more noise and take this divison by the horns?!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: M.I.A - Keith Thurman

Thurman is in rehabilitation from a serious and career threatening injury. He is taking his time to fight the right opponent.

Once he has chosen them he will be the first to let you know.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thurman is reported to be fighting in early 2018

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Thurman is in rehabilitation from a serious and career threatening injury. He is taking his time to fight the right opponent.

Once he has chosen them he will be the first to let you know.
    What was the injury? I don't know if I can remember that?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He fought this year? He only fought once last year too but seeing as he beat Porter and Garcia in those two fights I’ll let him off. I don’t mind fighters who skip the padding and fight one real fight per year.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    He fought this year? He only fought once last year too but seeing as he beat Porter and Garcia in those two fights I’ll let him off. I don’t mind fighters who skip the padding and fight one real fight per year.
    HA

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That shows what the rest of the Boxers are like. He did fight 2 big fights and you've made a very fair point.
    But there is no reason why these guys shouldn't be fighting at least twice maybe 3 times a year at the top end.
    Less fights means less big fights get made. If they fought more, they would have to fight each other.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It has been annoying how inactive he is. Once a year is completely unacceptable for any fighter other than one that is at the tail end of their career. If you are the supposed top fighter in the weight class, you should be fighting at least 3 times a year.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I completely disagree with @powerpuncher it’s better to fight the best once a year than fight crap three times per year. I’d rather see AJ fight once next year if that fights against Wilder than see him beat three bums at home (its pointless) Spence is only going to fight once this year as is Brook, Horn, Pacquiao and Garcia so what the fuck is everyone crying about!? He’s fought as much as anyone else in the top five this year.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thurman was not injured. Anyone saying that is either misinformed or intentionally spreading misinformation. There was no injury.

He had bone spurs removed. Bone spurs he’s had for years. He chose, yes getting bone spurs removed is completely elective, the week before the Brook/Spence fight. You don’t need to be a genius to figure that one out.

8 months for bone spurs is preposterous.

He has one more fight the fans will allow him before they demand the fight Spence has been calling for for years.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like a fighting champ. Sure not all will be big mega fights but as long as a guy has an annual showdown, or more, no harm in a non title defense or a lower contender face off. With few exceptions every fight cannot be a massive bout and I wonder exactly how many "top stars" are even up to that consistency today. Injuries happen, fans get big ticket and ppv weary as do the networks and filler is necessary to build those very same mega fights and expose fighters. Shoot the most I've seen Thurman hurt recently was against those lower level guys in Soto Karass and Collazo with respects to a Garcia or Porter. As long as it's not a habit or pattern the sport needs cycles and hey we hope for upsets so bring in the journeyman on a hot streak for me. Part of me thinks this delay is as much about promotion as it is Thurman. They just cannot have it.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MIA - Spence
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MIA - Spence

Exactly! Only two fighters in the top ten will have fought more than once this year so I don’t know what everyone is so upset about

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MIA - Spence
    But Spence is trying to get fights. That’s the difference. Most won’t even negotiate with him. But he’s found someone that will at least negotiate in Peterson.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I completely disagree with @powerpuncher it’s better to fight the best once a year than fight crap three times per year. I’d rather see AJ fight once next year if that fights against Wilder than see him beat three bums at home (its pointless) Spence is only going to fight once this year as is Brook, Horn, Pacquiao and Garcia so what the fuck is everyone crying about!? He’s fought as much as anyone else in the top five this year.
    Brook has his eye socket broken, Pacquiao is basically done, Garcia has no excuse, Horn is fighting again (he isn’t a top fighter though), Spence is trying to get fights.

If it were just this year I would be alright but last year he didn’t fight really either. I would rather somebody fight 3 pretty good fighters in a year rather than one good fighter per year. In reality, you should be taking at least one good fight a year and your other ones can be lesser opponents.

Thread Information