Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danny Williams fights on, fought and lost to Hari Miles last night.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Danny Williams fights on, fought and lost to Hari Miles last night.

Balls

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is something clearly wrong Danny to be fighting on at this stage of his life. He must be in debt and lost all the money he has made. Such a shame.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Danny Williams fights on, fought and lost to Hari Miles last night.

Inconsistent in his prime but the Klitschko fight is the one that ruined him. His punch resistance was never the same.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    There is something clearly wrong Danny to be fighting on at this stage of his life. He must be in debt and lost all the money he has made. Such a shame.
    He is skint. Last I heard he was fighting to get money for his kid to have private schooling. He shouldn't be fighting for his own good, but it's not like he's blown it on drugs and stuff.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    He is skint. Last I heard he was fighting to get money for his kid to have private schooling. He shouldn't be fighting for his own good, but it's not like he's blown it on drugs and stuff.
    If I was his son I would prefer my dad not to fight and lose his health and just go to a state school.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    How much can he really be getting paid for that?

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its nice to see him still finding time to fight as well as worshipping at the mosque lets hope he continues .

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

skint my ass he's enjoying it

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The money for private schooling line has been towed for long enough now. The kids got to be working now surely?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    The money for private schooling line has been towed for long enough now. The kids got to be working now surely?
    I heard he get he got left back a few grades

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I heard he get he got left back a few grades
    I heard he is a boxing promoter and gets his dad to box.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

26 defeats (13 by knockout) and he’s fighting again this weekend! He hasn’t fought in the UK since Chisora knocked him out over seven years ago. I suppose he gets to travel around Eastern Europe and tell the local ladies that he once knocked out Mike Tyson. Sprott has lost 24 times and been KO’ed 14 times so the rivalry is still alive! Sprott has actually been knocked out in his last five fights (four in the first round)

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Danny Williams retires after losing to Lee McAllister

Scottish fighter Lee McAllister has become the first lightweight champion to win a heavyweight world title after boxing Danny Williams into retirement.

Williams, a former two-time British and Commonwealth heavyweight champion, knocked out Mike Tyson 14 years ago.

However, despite weighing nearly four stone more than McAllister, the 45-year-old was floored three times in the first five rounds in Aberdeen.

His corner finally threw in the towel after 10 rounds at the Beach Ballroom.

The win means that McAllister, who previously won titles at lightweight, light-welterweight and super-welterweight, adds the WBU heavyweight belt to his record.

The 35-year-old fought at the 11-stone super-welterweight limit as recently as last year, before beating Lee Kellet on points over four rounds in his first fight at heavyweight three months ago.

McAllister said before the fight that people thought he was "crazy" to take on the 6ft 3in, 19-stone Williams, who had won his last three fights by first-round knockout.

He stepped up five divisions for the contest, which was eight divisions higher than the lightweight category in which he started his career.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/44997688

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck me I met Danny years ago and he was an old man in fighting terms then.
    Lovely fella but amazingly shy..timid even.
    Will never forget when he fought on with a dislocated shoulder and knocked the guy out with his weak hand.
    Amazing fight that.
    For the record he never ever made good money from any of his fights, he was fleeced and used left right and centre by Warren. 😉

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lee McAllister finished at heavyweight after 'crazy' win over Danny Williams

Lee McAllister says his days at heavyweight are over, admitting he was "crazy" for stepping up seven weight classes to fight Danny Williams.

The Scot created history on Saturday by becoming the first lightweight champion to win a heavyweight title.

Williams, 45, had a four-stone advantage but was floored three times before the towel was throw in during the 10th round in Aberdeen.

"I wanted to prove a point," said 35-year-old McAllister.

He lifted the WBU belt at the Beach Ballroom against the 6ft 3in Williams, the two-time British heavyweight champion who stopped Mike Tyson in 2004.

Williams had previously gone toe-to-toe with the likes of Vitali Klitschko, Dereck Chisora and Audley Harrison, and had won his last three fights by first-round knockout.

McAllister's natural weight is the 10-and-a-half-stone welterweight limit, but the unlikely match-up with Williams came after he stepped in as a late replacement to fight heavyweight Lee Kellet, who he beat in four rounds in April.

He told BBC Scotland: "I stated I'd love to share a ring with a heavyweight like Danny Williams, a legend.

"But he got wind of it and came back with 'If I was to fight Lee I'd smash him in three rounds. I'd kill him, it's bad for his health, and I'd destroy him'. That got my back up a bit.

"I was very comfortable, I boxed well. I beat Danny, I beat him easily and no-one expected me to be able to that.

"The way my body is feeling after that 10 rounds, it's a totally different kettle of fish from fighting someone at 10 stone and fighting someone at 18-and-a-half stone. It's crazy, it is actually crazy.

"I'm done at heavyweight, I'm moving back down to my proper weight which is welter or maybe super-welter."

McAllister has previously won titles at lightweight, light-welterweight and super-welterweight, but says it is "overwhelming" to have beaten Williams.

"It's a massive achievement for myself, for Aberdeen and for Scotland," he added.

"But the whole thing was just to prove doubters wrong, and prove to people that if you believe you can achieve - it doesn't make a difference if you're five stone or 20 stone. If you believe in something you can do it.

"To be the first person ever on the planet to come from the lightweight world champion, step up to light welterweight world champion, welterweight world champion, and then step up seven weights to fight a heavyweight and be heavyweight world champion, is an awesome achievement."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/45001537

Thread Information