Thread: Today in Trump

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Today in Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Buy guns while you can.
    Luckily I already have guns and I don't live in South Africa.
    I also have a gun (only 1 tho, missus has her own), have also trained my daughters how to use them responsibly, they don't have their own yet tho.

They want our guns tho, but they won't get them.
    Oh if the gun grabbers want my guns they'll get 'em alright

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Buy guns while you can.
    Luckily I already have guns and I don't live in South Africa.
    I also have a gun (only 1 tho, missus has her own), have also trained my daughters how to use them responsibly, they don't have their own yet tho.

They want our guns tho, but they won't get them.
    Oh if the gun grabbers want my guns they'll get 'em alright
    Too right.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did I hear this right?

Trump has dropped more bombs in his first year than Bush or Obama did their terms?

I'm just glad HRC didn't get in, but they are both under the same umbrella.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What is happening in South Africa is a very bad situation and I feel bad for any person living in SA as it looks like a horrible place. Those SA farmers would be genuine refugees. Typical out of control Communist insanity that will only end one way. There is a great video by Serpentza who lived in SA and he talks about his experiences growing up there and thinks he would be dead were he still there now. White privilege? Not so much in the real world where a lot of people, including white people hate white people and hold them responsible for their own failures.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...id=mailsignout

Sad news. Regardless of political leanings, it's always sad to hear news like this. Wishing that whatever time he's got left can be as pain-free as humanly possible, and he can be surrounded by family and other loved ones.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    What is happening in South Africa is a very bad situation and I feel bad for any person living in SA as it looks like a horrible place. Those SA farmers would be genuine refugees. Typical out of control Communist insanity that will only end one way. There is a great video by Serpentza who lived in SA and he talks about his experiences growing up there and thinks he would be dead were he still there now. White privilege? Not so much in the real world where a lot of people, including white people hate white people and hold them responsible for their own failures.
    Here is the video I was talking about. I found it quite moving. The US is putting sanctions on a lot of places, but SA looks like a place that needs sanctioning with the way they are conducting themselves.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Sad news. Regardless of political leanings, it's always sad to hear news like this. Wishing that whatever time he's got left can be as pain-free as humanly possible, and he can be surrounded by family and other loved ones.
    The man deserves respect. To know you're going and to look at family who know it as well is a gut punch. Firebrand, maverick or worse...a man deserves a peaceful and respectful recognition and send off in his last days.

and to cancer. Well, fuck you cancer!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man, it happened quicker than I thought. Wasn't but a couple of days ago he announced he would discontinue getting treatment for his brain cancer.

Damn. R.I.P.

Probably better this way than to extend the pain and suffering, both for himself and his family.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ouncement.html

In the grand scheme of things, stuff like this may not really matter all that much, but it serves to point out a few things:

1. Sensationalist media will pounce on just about anything to make headlines and stir shit up.

2. Campaign aides can, and many times are just about the lowest type of life form on Earth.

3. Politicians really do need to watch what they post on Facebook, 'cause once they do it's in the public domain, and all sorts of denials, explanations, and Fake News cries won't erase what's already been written and posted.

Arizona GOP Senate candidate Kelli Ward should've nipped that horrendously insensitive remark by her staffer in the bud, instead of fueling the fire, only to have it thrown back in her face.

Unfortunately, that lack of sensitivity is all the rage now with Trump's style of leadership.

What a bad example to give to our upcoming generation.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

only there will be no upcoming Generation. Generation Z is a bunch of mindless robotic zombies with no self-expression and no ability to interact with others on a human level or have meaningful conversations. You are having false hope about the future and about the future Generations

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

..... and it's all the fault of Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    only there will be no upcoming Generation. Generation Z is a bunch of mindless robotic zombies with no self-expression and no ability to interact with others on a human level or have meaningful conversations. You are having false hope about the future and about the future Generations
    Every generation says that about the next. Even if it were true which it is not, then the fault would lay at those who built the world they brought them into. While it is true that many younger people nowadays have short attention spans and not a lot to say on anything of substance it is often because they really do have less opportunity to change things in a world in which little is certain. There are no jobs for life, little respect for community and family, a worldwide media pushing shallow surface level beauty and attention seeking and yet they are expected to develop the confidence to express themselves and the strategies to sort out that mess. And yet many do.

I don't say this just because I am a parent and have worked with very disadvantaged young people ( no legs, autism, tourettes, partial sight etc) who have for the most part, done nothing but inspire me, but because it is easy to get cynical and listen to the loudest voice in the room. Of course there are young zombie idiots but they don't speak for most

look at these guys and apologies for going off piste

https://rare.us/rare-life/food-and-d...o-drink-water/

https://www.independent.co.uk/enviro...-a7880321.html
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I hope it turns out that you are right rather than that it turns out that I am right. But I have a feeling that there is no more hope for the Young Generation. And here is the reason why.....

Take a look at the music and take a look at the personalities and take a look at the ability to do problem solving and interact with others and take a look at the shallowness that you mentioned. There's no way that the Young Generation is going to reject social media they're getting deeper and deeper and deeper into it and the minute that technology advances a little bit more and starts doing Iris and plants I mean I am plants or brain implant so that people can use their eyeball like a computer screen then you know it's all over. The little boys already need to wear a bra by the time they're 10 or 11 years old there's a 67% childhood obesity rate and a 66% childhood diabetes rate you know as well as I do that that will never ever ever ever never ever ever ever be turned around or reversed.. these pudgy lazy fast food potato chip eating video game playing young kids will never get off their fat lard asses and go run for 3 or 4 miles like we used to do when we were there age. You know darn well that's not going to happen.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nor will they read Shakespeare or live in abandoned camper in the woods and learn what the real life and its existential qualities are and you know it as well as I do mate.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the mouse utopia experiments, and although we don't have an actual human utopia to compare it to, there are some scary similarities that we can look at.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information