Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

Media Trump Hatred Shows In 92% Negative Coverage Of His Presidency: Study
    FacebookTwitterLinkedIn
    10/10/2018
    Anti-Trump Media: To say that the big networks haven't exactly had a love affair with Donald Trump, as they plainly did with President Obama, is an understatement. A new survey shows that not only is coverage of Trump overwhelmingly negative, but the president's biggest accomplishment — the roaring economy — gets almost no attention.

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...tred-coverage/

So you tell me tits if that sounds kosher

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Investor's Business Daily? Good to see you using such an objective, unbiased source.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/inves...usiness-daily/

As usual, posts here reek of "pot calling kettle black" on a daily basis.

Two comments to your posts and stats:

1. Trump has earned most of the hate he generates. His form is unprecedented in the history of the United States. I've always maintained you can do your job and STILL be a good human being. You're free to disagree, of course.

2. Not ALL the credit for the state of the economy goes to Trump alone. I know this is tantamount to heresy among some of you folks, but is nonetheless true. Surely a financial mastermind such as yourself recognizes the cyclical and momentum-driven characteristics of the economy... but then again, I don't do Bitcoin so what do I know. To claim the economy did a hairpin turn after Obama left and Trump took over is well... "eyebrow-raising" worthy. Absolutely no credit to anything Obama may have laid the groundwork for... absolutely 100% credit to Trump from rescuing the economy from the death spiral it was headed into.

Hmm.... could've used Trump on the Titanic, as he certainly would've swerved (leaving water skid marks) right around that iceberg.

El Kabong Guest

1. Would you take "the middle road" or try to "be a nice guy, be friendly" if your Presidency was under attack and your children's freedom threatened or would you go out guns blazing?

I keep telling you there's a reason he's being an asshole. The report on Comey is going to lead to a deep dive as is the Horowitz report. Things will move quickly after that.

2. Obama is the ONLY President in the history of this nation never to see a yearly 3% GDP...after a while you start thinking "maybe that's on purpose".

Listen to Trump's speech to the NRA. It's not dog whistling he's 110% gunning for the enemies of the people who tried to rig the election and yeah I hope they hang Hillary and Obama included!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm an equal opportunity critic. Just saw the coverage on the Dem candidates in front of a black women audience. Bernie Sanders was asked a flat out question and he dropped the ball as he went off in left field. He was point blank asked what he would do about the white supremacist problem in America and first he blabbered about having marched with MLK in '63..... and then went off on a Medicare For All tangent. Any candidate that refuses to answer a question directly deserves to be slammed.

You see... it's not just Trump.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I'm an equal opportunity critic. Just saw the coverage on the Dem candidates in front of a black women audience. Bernie Sanders was asked a flat out question and he dropped the ball as he went off in left field. He was point blank asked what he would do about the white supremacist problem in America and first he blabbered about having marched with MLK in '63..... and then went off on a Medicare For All tangent. Any candidate that refuses to answer a question directly deserves to be slammed.

You see... it's not just Trump.
    Looked like a collective pounce on that regardless of network too. It was odd seeing Fox hold a widely received townhall for Sanders but have to give them credit as well as *cough Sanders for going in on it. But from an Independents pov Sanders is bad news and I'd prefer him nowhere near the WH. This whole media evil beating up poor ol defenseless POTUS is running thin, he fuels and savors the fight and while some have a crooked pissy agenda..Don Lemon I'm looking at you..being called out on your actions, conduct and policy does not make it a wash of biased fake news. Labeling the 5th estate the enemy of the people and barring your entire Administration from the correspondents event aside. You even have a Fox legal mind calling his actions immoral, condemnable and criminal ffs. The same one he was using to bolster spy claims last year. Surely that has to open his eyes. Or he'll just call them 'dumb' and bitter in 4 am tweets .

El Kabong Guest

I love how all of a fucking sudden there's a "white supremacy" problem in America it's just presented as a fact and even saying "Really? Is there?" gets you labeled as a "white supremacist".....Personally I call bullshit on it.

"But hate crime statistics have risen since Donald Trump has mad it ok to be a white supremacist because he's a nazi and all" .....yeah about that

A#1

The New York Times published that political cartoon....The NEW YORK TIMES!!!! And it looks like "Literally Hitler" aka Donald Trump is wearing a yarmulke and walking Bibi Netanyahu who for some reason is portrayed as a Dachshund. Donald Trump's daughter is married to a Jew, his son Eric is married to a Jew, Donald's father donated land for the Talmud Torah of the Beach Haven Jewish Center, Don Jr. was married to a Jew....in other words the entire Trump family are quite possibly the worst Nazis, worst as in they aren't good at being Nazis not as in they are prolific Nazis because they are most certainly not that, yet people still persist with that bullshit whatcha gonna do

#2 The uptick in "hate crimes" and the prominence of the SPLC and ADL mirror each other. Thankfully Gavin McInnes is suing the SPLC out of existence. Mo Dees is out as the head of it because he got #metoo'd and the organization he ran has been outed as RACIST (yeah the SPLC was RACIST) which is painfully ironic. People kept saying 'The Proud Boys' were "white nationalists" no, they're Western Chauvanists and there's a giant difference but hey I guess lawsuits will have to be filed to learn certain folks a lesson....or I guess once people are PROGRAMMED to think "Proud Boys = Racist" then deprogramming that is too difficult for them so lazily they just keep to that story. I know a couple folks arrested in New York for defending themselves against AntiFa have black wives and have made little babies with those wives and INCREDIBLY not all 100% of black people hate the West, yes shocking I know.

Back on topic, the "rise" in hate crimes....some of the hate crimes that add to this "rise" are cases like Jussie Smollett who I guess we(society) are just back to believing his bullshit story about being jumped at 2 AM by actual Nazis in the middle of Chicago during a Polar Vortex all of which has been admitted to by the Osundario brothers who are Nigerian and presumably not Nazis. Then there's the bomb threats made against various Jewish centers and Temples and so on....yeah done by an ISRAELI-AMERICAN named Michael Ron David Kadar. Then there's a South Carolina mayor who wanted to report a "hate crime" due to a substance on her and her husband's cars.......it was pollen (the South has a ton of that and I'd like to report it as well if I can...not sure if Pollen vs white folks is a hate crime though) and yeah it was a "reported" hate crime so...yeah I don't fucking buy it. People are apparently of the belief that racism is WORSE today than it used to be...if that's the case then why all the statue removals? Or was there some sort of sweet spot between slavery-civil rights- present day?

Hell the very legislation for "Hate Crimes" the 'Matthew Shepard Hate Crimes Prevention Act' is a FARCE....Matthew Shepard wasn't murdered because he was gay he was murdered because he was dealing crystal meth and fucked over people he sold to. Now James Byrd on the other hand, that indeed was a racially motivated attack and was a heinous crime which deserved swift justice. That said I don't believe in "hate crimes" at all, murder is murder, vandalism is vandalism, we're all humans we're all equals, we should all operate under the same laws not have some strata of justice where it's "Oh hey it's your lucky day a ____ man assaulted you and you being a ____ man you get to report that as a hate crime" vs "Sorry dude you were just assaulted" makes no sense whatsoever....but yeah gotta be PC these days, gotta get in with the groupthink and gotta appease everyone online because why? Think for yourselves, don't get dictated to, don't get programmed to spout out media talking points...the people on the news are telling you what to THINK about what happened not what happened.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What I most expect out of this renewed focus on White Supremacy is the unfortunate backlash it'll get from some. Also the further polarization is what has to be one of the most polarized populations in the world (if there was something that actually measured this). The good intentions and efforts get thrown in the dumpster, and all that's left are the hysterics on both sides. Very unfortunate indeed.

I still believe in hate crimes, to draw that distinction in motive and make those fine adjustments in the sentencing. But that's about as far as I'll take it, 'cause if I said what I really think about this, I'd have to put it in the Controversial Opinions thread.

El Kabong Guest

What I most expect out of this renewed focus on White Supremacy is the unfortunate backlash it'll get from some. Also the further polarization is what has to be one of the most polarized populations in the world (if there was something that actually measured this). The good intentions and efforts get thrown in the dumpster, and all that's left are the hysterics on both sides. Very unfortunate indeed.

I still believe in hate crimes, to draw that distinction in motive and make those fine adjustments in the sentencing. But that's about as far as I'll take it, 'cause if I said what I really think about this, I'd have to put it in the Controversial Opinions thread.
    There's plenty of talking heads spouting off about the Synagogue shooting this weekend. Joe Scarborough is out there saying "the blood is on your hands" to Donald Trump. The very same Donald Trump who is having a town named after him in the Golan Heights, the very same Donald Trump who has Jewish grandchildren.....Ben Shapiro often says "Facts don't care about your feelings" well the lefties and establishment types run counter to that which is "feelings don't care about facts" and that is 100% how the media operates in America and worldwide if I'm honest.

I know we disagree on hate crimes. I think it's a slippery slope and hell look at the 2007 murders of that couple in Tennessee, that's every bit as bad as the murder of James Byrd and no hate crime charges were filed, NONE. And of the mentally handicapped boy who was kidnapped and abused in Chicago really no severe penalties at all for that even though there were hate crimes charges filed....I just don't see the point. A life is a life and all life should be sacred. Once we break in to privileged groups vs non privileged groups then we'll see STRATA of justice instead of true justice and I think that is wrong.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

There's plenty of talking heads spouting off about the Synagogue shooting this weekend. Joe Scarborough is out there saying "the blood is on your hands" to Donald Trump. The very same Donald Trump who is having a town named after him in the Golan Heights, the very same Donald Trump who has Jewish grandchildren.....Ben Shapiro often says "Facts don't care about your feelings" well the lefties and establishment types run counter to that which is "feelings don't care about facts" and that is 100% how the media operates in America and worldwide if I'm honest.

I know we disagree on hate crimes. I think it's a slippery slope and hell look at the 2007 murders of that couple in Tennessee, that's every bit as bad as the murder of James Byrd and no hate crime charges were filed, NONE. And of the mentally handicapped boy who was kidnapped and abused in Chicago really no severe penalties at all for that even though there were hate crimes charges filed....I just don't see the point. A life is a life and all life should be sacred. Once we break in to privileged groups vs non privileged groups then we'll see STRATA of justice instead of true justice and I think that is wrong.

Sometimes I tune in to Morning Joe for comic relief. Today I saw a little "solo" by Mika where I swear she was doing all she could to keep from letting out a primal scream. She's useless on TV. I'm sorry, but she's little more than a lap dog on the show and contributes NOTHING of value.

On hate crimes, yeah... I know bro. Yes, it's a slippery slope and all that, and I'm pretty sure I'm pretty much alone on that island. But this is the way I would mete out sentences:

Joe Blow killed John Doe 'cause he went to rob him and ended up shooting him. Blow gets a life sentence.

Joe Blow up and killed John Doe simply because Doe was black and Blow simply hates black people. Blow gets the death penalty.

Overly watered down, I realize. But basically illustrates my feelings about the matter.

El Kabong Guest

Sometimes I tune in to Morning Joe for comic relief. Today I saw a little "solo" by Mika where I swear she was doing all she could to keep from letting out a primal scream. She's useless on TV. I'm sorry, but she's little more than a lap dog on the show and contributes NOTHING of value.

On hate crimes, yeah... I know bro. Yes, it's a slippery slope and all that, and I'm pretty sure I'm pretty much alone on that island. But this is the way I would mete out sentences:

Joe Blow killed John Doe 'cause he went to rob him and ended up shooting him. Blow gets a life sentence.

Joe Blow up and killed John Doe simply because Doe was black and Blow simply hates black people. Blow gets the death penalty.

Overly watered down, I realize. But basically illustrates my feelings about the matter.
    Yeah they are your quintessential "bedwetting coastal elites". Mika is ONLY there due to her father who was a stooge of the deep state his entire career. Joe Scarborough is there because his intern Lori Klausutis wound up dead in Joe's office and shortly thereafter Joe resigned stating "The realization has come home to me that they're (his children) at a critical stage of their lives and I would rather be judged at the end of my life as a father than as a congressman." and coincidentally for Joe 9/11 happened and attention veered to THAT.

But see if we keep our eyes on the ball here...https://steemit.com/politics/@an0nkn...lori-klausutis
    'Curiosity also peaks when you learn medical examiner Dr. Berkland's medical license in the state of Missouri was revoked in 1998 as a result of him reporting false information regarding brain tissue samples in an 1996 autopsy report.

He moved to Florida in 1997 and in July 1996, Berkland was suspended from his position as Medical Examiner in the State of Florida. Yet in 2001, he was issuing reports on Klausutis’ death that were questionable if not outright false.

He was then fired in 2003 for not completing autopsy reports.'

Things just get curiouser and curiouser

I get your feelings but if a person purposely kills another human NOT in defense of self or property then I'm saying death penalty should be on the table for them.....or perhaps we utilize them to colonize Mars you know the same way Australia was colonized except with lots of radiation, possible mutations, and in due time a mash up of 2 all time great Schwarzenegger movies Running Man & Total Recall. It's wins all around man.

El Kabong Guest

Lots of stammering and st-st-st-stuttering for someone so "sure" of their innocence....that eye contact is quite evasive as well.

Hmmmm .....
    Last edited by El Kabong; 05-01-2019 at 11:31 AM.

El Kabong Guest

Nellie Ohr's 'Hi Honey' emails to DOJ about Russia collusion should alarm us all
    https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...aNTrcY.twitter

Well isn't that special

El Kabong Guest

A summary of Bill Barr's hearings in front of Congress Yesterday....

El Kabong Guest

From the New York Times (and since that's behind a paywall, here you guys go)

F.B.I. Sent Investigator Posing as Assistant to Meet With Trump Aide in 2016
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/02/u...tor-trump.html
    WASHINGTON — The conversation at a London bar in September 2016 took a strange turn when the woman sitting across from George Papadopoulos, a Trump campaign adviser, asked a direct question: Was the Trump campaign working with Russia?

The woman had set up the meeting to discuss foreign policy issues. But she was actually a government investigator posing as a research assistant, according to people familiar with the operation. The F.B.I. sent her to London as part of the counterintelligence inquiry opened that summer to better understand the Trump campaign’s links to Russia.

The American government’s affiliation with the woman, who said her name was Azra Turk, is one previously unreported detail of an operation that has become a political flash point in the face of accusations by President Trump and his allies that American law enforcement and intelligence officials spied on his campaign to undermine his electoral chances. Last year, he called it “Spygate.”

The decision to use Ms. Turk in the operation aimed at a presidential campaign official shows the level of alarm inside the F.B.I. during a frantic period when the bureau was trying to determine the scope of Russia’s attempts to disrupt the 2016 election, but could also give ammunition to Mr. Trump and his allies for their spying claims.

Ms. Turk went to London to help oversee the politically sensitive operation, working alongside a longtime informant, the Cambridge professor Stefan A. Halper. The move was a sign that the bureau wanted in place a trained investigator for a layer of oversight, as well as someone who could gather information for or serve as a credible witness in any potential prosecution that emerged from the case.

A spokesman for the F.B.I. declined to comment, as did a lawyer for Mr. Halper, Robert D. Luskin. Last year, Bill Priestap, then the bureau’s top counterintelligence agent who was deeply involved in the Russia inquiry, told Congress during a closed-door hearing that there was no F.B.I. conspiracy against Mr. Trump or his campaign.

The London operation yielded no fruitful information, but F.B.I. officials have called the bureau’s activities in the months before the election both legal and carefully considered under extraordinary circumstances. They are now under scrutiny as part of an investigation by Michael E. Horowitz, the Justice Department inspector general. He could make the results public in May or June, Attorney General William P. Barr has said. Some of the findings are likely to be classified.

It is unclear whether Mr. Horowitz will find fault with the F.B.I.’s decision to have Ms. Turk, whose real name is not publicly known, meet with Mr. Papadopoulos. Mr. Horowitz has focused among other things on the activities of Mr. Halper, who accompanied Ms. Turk in one of her meetings with Mr. Papadopoulos and also met with him and other campaign aides separately. The bureau might also have seen Ms. Turk’s role as essential for protecting Mr. Halper’s identity as an informant if prosecutors ever needed court testimony about their activities.

Mr. Barr reignited the controversy last month when he told Congress, “I think spying on a political campaign is a big deal.” He backed off the charged declaration later in the same hearing, saying: “I think spying did occur. The question is whether it was adequately predicated. And I’m not suggesting that it wasn’t adequately predicated. But I need to explore that.”

Mr. Barr again defended his use of the term “spying” at a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on Wednesday, saying he wanted to know more about the F.B.I.’s investigative efforts during 2016 and explained that the early inquiry likely went beyond the use of an informant and a court-authorized wiretap of a former Trump campaign adviser, Carter Page, who had interacted with a Russian intelligence officer.

“Many people seem to assume that the only intelligence collection that occurred was a single confidential informant” and the warrant to surveil Mr. Page, Mr. Barr said. “I would like to find out whether that is in fact true. It strikes me as a fairly anemic effort if that was the counterintelligence effort designed to stop the threat as it’s being represented.”

This account was described in interviews with people familiar with the F.B.I. activities of Mr. Halper, Ms. Turk and the inspector general’s investigation. They spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the subjects of a continuing inquiry.

As part of Mr. Horowitz’s investigation, his office has examined Mr. Halper’s past work as an F.B.I. informant and asked witnesses about whether agents had adequate control of Mr. Halper’s activities, people familiar with the inquiry have said.

While in London in 2016, Ms. Turk exchanged emails with Mr. Papadopoulos, saying meeting him had been the “highlight of my trip,” according to messages provided by Mr. Papadopoulos.

“I am excited about what the future holds for us ,” she wrote.

Weeks before Mr. Papadopoulos met with Ms. Turk and Mr. Halper, the F.B.I. had opened its investigation into the Russia effort — based largely on information that Mr. Papadopoulos had relayed to an Australian diplomat about a Russian offer to help the Trump campaign by releasing thousands of hacked Democratic emails.

The F.B.I. received the information from the Australian government on July 26, 2016, the special counsel’s report said, and the bureau code-named its investigation Crossfire Hurricane.

Investigators scrambled to determine whether Mr. Papadopoulos had any Russian contacts while deciding to scrutinize three additional Trump campaign aides who had concerning ties to Russia: Paul Manafort, its chairman; Michael T. Flynn, who went on to be the president’s first national security adviser; and Mr. Page.

Secrecy was paramount for the F.B.I. officials because of the sensitivities of investigating campaign advisers during a presidential race. Had the investigation into Trump advisers’ contacts with Russia become public, it could have devastated the Trump campaign. And top bureau officials were enduring fresh attacks over their handling of the Hillary Clinton email investigation.

One of the agents involved in the Russia inquiry, a seasoned counterintelligence investigator out of New York, turned to Mr. Halper, whom he viewed as a reliable and trusted informant. They had a longstanding relationship; the agent had even spoken at an intelligence seminar that Mr. Halper taught at the University of Cambridge, discussing his work investigating a Russian espionage ring known as the illegals.

Mr. Halper had the right résumé for the task. He was a foreign policy expert who had worked for the Pentagon. He had been gathering information for the F.B.I. for about two decades and had good contacts in Chinese and Russian government circles that he could use to arrange meetings with high-ranking officials, according to a person briefed on Mr. Halper’s relationship with the F.B.I.

The F.B.I. instructed Mr. Halper to set up a meeting in London with Mr. Papadopoulos but gave him few details about the broader investigation, a person familiar with the episode said.

His job was to figure out the extent of any contacts between Trump campaign advisers and Russia. Mr. Halper used his position as a respected academic to introduce himself to both Mr. Papadopoulos and Mr. Page, whom he also met with several times. He arranged a meeting with Mr. Papadopoulos in London to discuss a Mediterranean natural gas project, offering $3,000 for his time and a policy paper.

The F.B.I. also decided to send Ms. Turk to take part in the operation, people familiar with it said, and to pose as Mr. Halper’s assistant. For the F.B.I., placing such a sensitive undertaking in the hands of a trusted government investigator was essential.

British intelligence officials were also notified about the operation, the people familiar with the operation said, but it was unclear whether they provided assistance. A spokeswoman for the British government declined to comment.

Mr. Trump has repeatedly claimed that British intelligence spied on his campaign, an accusation the British government has vigorously denied. Last month, the president quoted on Twitter an accusation that the British had spied on his campaign and added: “WOW! It is now just a question of time before the truth comes out, and when it does, it will be a beauty!”

When Mr. Papadopoulos arrived in London on Sept. 15, he received a text message from Ms. Turk. She invited him for drinks.

In his book, “Deep State Target,” Mr. Papadopoulos described her as attractive and said she almost immediately began questioning him about whether the Trump campaign was working with Russia, he wrote.

Mr. Papadopoulos was baffled. “There is no way this is a Cambridge professor’s research assistant,” he recalled thinking, according to his book. In recent weeks, he has said in tweets that he believes Ms. Turk may have been working for Turkish intelligence but provided no evidence.

The day after meeting Ms. Turk, Mr. Papadopoulos met briefly with Mr. Halper at a private London club, and Ms. Turk joined them. The two men agreed to meet again, arranging a drink at the Sofitel hotel in London’s posh West End.

During that conversation, Mr. Halper immediately asked about hacked emails and whether Russia was helping the campaign, according to Mr. Papadopoulos’s book. Angry over the accusatory questions, Mr. Papadopoulos ended the meeting.

El Kabong Guest

....Continued

The F.B.I. failed to glean any information of value from the encounters, and Ms. Turk returned to the United States.

Mr. Halper continued to work with the F.B.I. and later met with Mr. Page repeatedly in the Washington area. The two had coincidentally run into each other in July as well at Cambridge, according to people familiar with the episode.

At the urging of Mr. Page, he met another campaign aide, Sam Clovis, Mr. Trump’s campaign co-chairman, to discuss foreign policy. While aware of the contact with Mr. Clovis, the F.B.I. did not instruct Mr. Halper to ask him questions related to the Russia investigation, according to a person briefed on the matter.

Mr. Clovis recounted his coffee with Mr. Halper in Washington with an Iowa radio station in May 2018. “There was no indication or no inclination that this was anything other than just wanting to offer up his help to the campaign if I needed it,” he said.

Mr. Halper’s connections to the Trump administration strengthened from there. He was invited as part of a group of China experts to meet with White House advisers in 2017. Mr. Halper informed the F.B.I. of the invitation but was not provided with any guidance, people familiar with the episode said.

The group met briefly with Peter Navarro, the president’s top trade representative, who had interviewed Mr. Halper years earlier at Mr. Halper’s home in Virginia for a documentary. According to Axios, the administration also considered Mr. Halper for an ambassadorship.

In an interview with Fox Radio, Mr. Navarro said he viewed Mr. Halper’s role as an F.B.I. informant as a betrayal, saying he felt “duped.”

Thread Information