Dislikes Dislikes:  114
Page 212 of 556 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 8335

Thread: Today in Trump

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Today in Trump

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...eal_truth.html

....Well golly gee I wonder however did they get those FISA warrants approved? Those are supposed to ONLY be approved for slam dunk cases especially when you're investigating an American and thinking he's going to be charged with treason.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trump, Russia, and the collapse of the collusion narrative
    US media reflect on their role in promoting the Russiagate conspiracy theory. Plus, revisiting Ethiopia's media scene.
    30 Mar 2019 08:28 GMT Media, United States, Mueller Probe, Donald Trump, Vladimir Putin

Share via WhatsAppShare via FacebookShare via TwitterShare via RedditSend Feedback

FROM THIS EPISODE

Between hope and fear: Press and politics in Ethiopia one year on

On The Listening Post this week: after all the collusion hysteria, mainstream media in the United States reflect on their role in promoting the conspiracy theory. Plus, revisiting Ethiopia's media scene, one year on.

The collapse of the Russiagate collusion narrative

It read like a spy movie - and had people gripped. Russiagate, the theory that Donald Trump colluded with Vladimir Putin to hijack the 2016 US presidential elections, was a story that was too big to fail.

But that's what happened, and certain US news outlets now have some questions to answer because the Mueller report has found no smoking gun.

Having sold Americans the seductive and conspiratorial notion that the man in the oval office was a compromised foreign agent, now comes a moment of reckoning for the US media.

As for Trump himself, after two years of accusing the media of a witch-hunt - calling them the enemy of the people - this story has handed him a 2020 election gift like no other.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Oh so the bet WAS different than the bet about Democrats being indicted
    That's the bet you made.
    So now it's ONE of the bets I've made. Just to clarify
    Yes the other one is $20 on who is more broadly correct on how the Trump-Russia thing shakes out.
    Kirkland, you sound like a man who needs a holiday. Fancy a week in Thailand with me?
    I've got all my holidays planned out this year already. Off on the 24th for the next on. I'm over in Japan later in the year but it's my mate's private island. No riff raff allowed. Could possibly stop off somewhere over there if you're interested. Second half of August/first half of September. It's going to involve heroic quantities of substances though and a parade of dirty women because that's how I roll. Aren't you married?
    Ah, one of those Epstein things? No worries about that, not really my scene. I am more your book reading, mountain climbing, go to a museum, sample the foliage, riding a motorbike type. I don't really hang out with dirty women or take drugs. Don't overdo it. It's not good for the soul or the body.

Summer is kind of off season and too hot, but might do something later in the year in the more seasonal time. Yes, married Kirkland, but don't think that is going to stop me regaining FGOTY. Tony Perkins was married and he still swung.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh so the bet WAS different than the bet about Democrats being indicted
    That's the bet you made.
    So now it's ONE of the bets I've made. Just to clarify
    Yes the other one is $20 on who is more broadly correct on how the Trump-Russia thing shakes out.
    Kirkland, you sound like a man who needs a holiday. Fancy a week in Thailand with me?
    I've got all my holidays planned out this year already. Off on the 24th for the next on. I'm over in Japan later in the year but it's my mate's private island. No riff raff allowed. Could possibly stop off somewhere over there if you're interested. Second half of August/first half of September. It's going to involve heroic quantities of substances though and a parade of dirty women because that's how I roll. Aren't you married?
    Ah, one of those Epstein things? No worries about that, not really my scene. I am more your book reading, mountain climbing, go to a museum, sample the foliage, riding a motorbike type. I don't really hang out with dirty women or take drugs. Don't overdo it. It's not good for the soul or the body.

Summer is kind of off season and too hot, but might do something later in the year in the more seasonal time. Yes, married Kirkland, but don't think that is going to stop me regaining FGOTY. Tony Perkins was married and he still swung.
    rock Hudson as well

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's the bet we made:

If you bet at least $100 I'll give you 10000 to 1 odds that I'm right and you're wrong and the Mueller report proves all the emails were hacked by Russia. And I'll pay the money directly to you. You can make a million dollars by betting a hundred if you really believe the Seth Rich thing.
    I'll take gold thank you.
    There we go Lyle. Chapter and verse. The Russians hacked all the Hillary/Democratic party stuff and laundered it via Wikileaks and various other outlets. $50x2 with verifiable receipts please.

And how about this with Carter Page?

Email from Konstantin Kilimnik to Paul Manafort in December 2016, more than 2 months after Page "left" the campaign: "Carter Page is in Moscow today , sending messages he is authorized to talk to Russia on behalf of DT on a range of issues of mutual interest, including Ukraine."

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/...16681231949824

On Nov 9, 2016, someone wrote to the head of Russia's sovereign wealth fund Kirill Dmitriev that "Putin has won." We don't know who wrote that because it's redacted.

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/...19349316849665

and fourteen ongoing investigations following evidence uncovered by the Mueller investigation:

The Special Counsel's Office made 14 referrals of evidence of potential criminal activity to outside offices. Only two are publicly known at this point.

https://twitter.com/BySteveReilly/st...17924822159360
    A#1 You know who said Guccifer2.0 got info from Russians? CrowdStrike the very same outfit which prevented the FBI from ever seeing the servers. So "beyond a reasonable doubt" also Julian Assange has maintained that he didn't get the information via Russians and "Has proof to back that up" so I'm sorry Kirkland, but you're reading what you WANT and not the TRUTH

The Russians COULD very well have hacked the DNC servers but that doesn't mean that WikiLeaks got their info from Russia/Russians in fact since Assange says he didn't and can prove it I'm apt to believe him (especially when Hillary has him murdered or attempts to). I'm certain China and probably others hacked the DNC servers as well....I by no means think it's 100% Russia and that was the bet YOU made, you said "Russia hacked all the emails" and that's not the case it's certainly not veritably the case.

Hmmm Carter Page .....you mean....this guy?
    https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...ssian-spy-ever

....Odd guy to be a "Russian spy" what with his history of nabbing Russian spies....but then again that's written by Sharyl Attkisson...who would know absolutely nothing about how the intelligence community was used by Obama et al?

Go make my money princess

Julian Assange not only knew that a murdered Democratic National Committee staffer wasn’t his source for thousands of hacked party emails, he was in active contact with his real sources in Russia’s GRU months after Seth Rich’s death. At the same time he was publicly working to shift blame onto the slain staffer “to obscure the source of the materials he was releasing,” Special Counsel Robert Mueller asserts in his final report on Russia’s role in the 2016 presidential election.
    “After the U.S. intelligence community publicly announced its assessment that Russia was behind the hacking operation, Assange continued to deny that the Clinton materials released by WikiLeaks had come from Russian hacking,” the report reads. “According to media reports, Assange told a U.S. congressman that the DNC hack was an ‘inside job,’ and purported to have ‘physical proof’ that Russians did not give materials to Assange.”

[...]

As laid out by Mueller, Assange’s involvement in Russia’s election interference began with a June 14, 2016 direct message to WikiLeaks’ Twitter account from “DC Leaks,” one of the false fronts created by the Russians to launder their hacked material.
    “You announced your organization was preparing to publish more Hillary's emails,” the message read, according to Mueller’s report. “We are ready to support you. We have some sensitive information too, in particular, her financial documents. Let's do it together. What do you think about publishing our info at the same moment? Thank you.”
    A week later, WikiLeaks reached out to a second GRU persona, Guccifer 2.0, and pitched WikiLeaks as the best outlet for the hacked material. On July 14, 2016, GRU officers used a Guccifer 2.0 email address to send WikiLeaks an encrypted one-gigabyte file named “wk dnc link I .txt.gpg.” Assange confirmed receipt, and on July 22 he published 20,000 DNC emails stolen during the GRU’s breach.

[...]

Even as he was ruthlessly framing Rich to protect himself, the GRU, or both, Assange was privately communicating with his real sources to arrange the transfer of the second election leak, material the GRU stole from John Podesta’s Gmail account.
    The Mueller report quotes from cryptic emails and messages exchanged between WikiLeaks and the GRU accounts in September 2016, and based on metadata, Mueller suspects the transfer occurred on September 19. But the actual transmittal of the massive Podesta haul evidently took place in a channel that Mueller couldn’t crack. The report notes the possibility that, this time, the files were simply carried into the Ecuadorian Embassy by one of Assange’s visitors.
    “Both the GRU and WikiLeaks sought to hide their communications, which has limited the Office's ability to collect all of the communications between them,” the report notes. “The Office cannot rule out that stolen documents were transferred to WikiLeaks through intermediaries who visited during the summer of 2016.”
    In the end, the most charitable interpretation of Assange’s “dissembling” as Mueller calls it, in the Seth Rich hoax is that he genuinely couldn’t rule out the possibility that Rich was his source. The Mueller report demolished that final moral refuge. Rich had been dead four days when Assange received the DNC files.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/muelle...r-for-russians

And just like the Steele dossier says Carter Page was in Russia two months after he supposedly left the Trump campaign on sanctions busting business for Trump, something both he and Trump subsequently lied about. Not surprising those FISA warrants got renewed is it. This is probably one of those fourteen ongoing investigations that the Mueller investigation started.

Also, too:

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/statu...79947572473856

The Australian government passed on the information Papadopoulos had given one of their diplomats and that's how the investigation started:

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/statu...79947572473856

So the FISA warrants are a total red herring.

El Kabong Guest

Oh you believe the Steele dossier? Well there's your problem

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kirk owes me 3,574 dollars

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good God, free at last, free at last.

Donald Trump is now free to be president without the cloud that hovered over him since his election. No president ever faced, let alone survived, a probe as fierce and determined as this one.

Cleared of false charges that threatened to end his presidency, Trump can be forgiven for gloating and rubbing a little salt into the wounds of his tormentors with a jab about serving another “10 to 14 years.”

Naturally, the hysterics are hysterical over that one. They can’t even take a joke.

Yet Trump’s great victory is not his alone. The release of the special counsel report marks a day of freedom for all of America and sends shock waves around the world.

As Attorney General William Barr said, the finding by special counsel Robert Mueller that nobody in the United States knowingly helped Russia interfere in the 2016 presidential campaign “is something that all Americans can and should be grateful to have confirmed.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....rica-free/amp/

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone that thinks that Trump is now "free" is a perfect candidate to buy some of that beachfront property I own in Nebraska.

Perfect case of "half empty..... half full" thinking.

Trump and his fans are saying he's now "free"....... while the Leftist hound dogs are sharpening their canines with the release of the Mueller Report.

This shit's gonna last for the next 2 years and beyond.

One thought that no one seems to be paying attention to........................... just how many tax dollars have been sunk into the salaries of all these Congress people who've been fighting over Trump in the past 2 years?

Surely there must be a Guinness Book entry for that.

El Kabong Guest

Oh the Left will never accept Trump as President...and for what reason? What happens when we find exculpatory evidence was withheld it's Weissman's M.O.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh the Left will never accept Trump as President...and for what reason? What happens when we find exculpatory evidence was withheld it's Weissman's M.O.
    I cant stand the right or the left but I hope a team from the right are sharpening a few giant sticks to finally ram up the Clinton foundation just for starters,its about time the left knew who exactly they were backing.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I cant stand the right or the left but I hope a team from the right are sharpening a few giant sticks to finally ram up the Clinton foundation just for starters,its about time the left knew who exactly they were backing.

The Andre has spoken!

I fully agree! They've gotten away with so much for so long it's time they are dealt with in a permanent way

El Kabong Guest

How is this for irony?

Kirkland's very own New York Times...
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/19/u...er-report.html
    "How the dossier ended up loaded with dubious or exaggerated details remains uncertain, but the document may be the result of a high-stakes game of telephone, in which rumors and hearsay were passed from source to source."

OR the absurd given the lefty pearl clutching

"Another possibility — one that Mr. Steele has not ruled out — could be Russian disinformation. That would mean that in addition to carrying out an effective attack on the Clinton campaign, Russian spymasters hedged their bets and placed a few land mines under Mr. Trump’s presidency as well."

Either way the Dossier which was the rock of the foundation that ALL of the Russian collusion, FISA warrants, Mueller investigation was built on is verifiably bullshit.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How is this for irony?

Kirkland's very own New York Times...
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/19/u...er-report.html
    "How the dossier ended up loaded with dubious or exaggerated details remains uncertain, but the document may be the result of a high-stakes game of telephone, in which rumors and hearsay were passed from source to source."

OR the absurd given the lefty pearl clutching

"Another possibility — one that Mr. Steele has not ruled out — could be Russian disinformation. That would mean that in addition to carrying out an effective attack on the Clinton campaign, Russian spymasters hedged their bets and placed a few land mines under Mr. Trump’s presidency as well."

Either way the Dossier which was the rock of the foundation that ALL of the Russian collusion, FISA warrants, Mueller investigation was built on is verifiably bullshit.
    No it wasn't. I already posted the part of the Mueller report that shows how the investigation started, Here it is yet again. This is the actual Mueller report text Lyle:

https://twitter.com/AshaRangappa_/st...63089329344515

The Mueller report actually confirms more parts of the Steele dossier, like Carter page going to Moscow to discuss sanctions busting with Russians on Trump's behalf. This was yet another thing Page and Trump originally denied ever happened.

It should concern you that the sum total of the Trumpist attack on the investigation -- that it all stems from the dossier -- isn't actually true. That would indicate to me that the Trump side have absolutely nothing to back up any of their claims when the claim they're basing their whole case on is now proved to be nonsense.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh you believe the Steele dossier? Well there's your problem
    What about the Seth Rich part of the post? The part that proves your conspiracy theory is wrong and that you owe my two fine organisations fifty dollars each?

Thread Information