Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    You need ID to vote out here. That is not racist. It is a requirement for everyone. Why on earth would you not need ID? Voting is important.
    It is the most absurd thing I’ve ever heard. Certain news articles state it is racist towards African Americans. Isn’t that a racist statement? Wtf if u r low income u can get a free ID. Every area has a dept of motor vehicles where the biggest pain in the ass is waiting inline to take a photo then wait ten minutes for them to finish the process. What only white republicans can do that. Ok here is another example. If u have an interaction with the police, in most areas if u can’t produce ID you can be detained until they figure out who u are. That is a touchy subject, I don’t agree with it but it is how it is. If I am pulled over driving without my ID I will be given an expensive fine. If I want to go into certain buildings I must produce ID or I will be sent on my way. Sure the ID thing can be annoying but annoyance is not racist

Isn’t the whole thing about equality?
    It's not "certain news articles". It's a whole bunch of Republican politicians and elected officials and all the various levels of the judicial system up to and including the Supreme Court. It's your own side admitting to being a bunch of antidemocratic racists. After the civil war, Jim Crow, the civil rights era there is still a widespread movement to prevent black people having the vote and is absolutely fucking disgusting matey. It really is sickening. At long last you should show some decency.
    So u won’t answer my question directly? You will just run around it. Please tell me how obtaining ID to show at a voting station is racist, in your own words, that is the question. You are doing a straw man thing.
    Last edited by walrus; 12-11-2018 at 08:06 PM.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I'm not the one who thought all hundred Senate seats were up for election! You were!

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...48#post1503648

Are you actually offering to bet that Mueller will be convicted of something? You're not getting my money and I'm not getting yours. The loser sends the money to the charity/ies of the other's choice. How much would you like to bet on this?
    OK so the Democrats won OMG the greatest biggest most amazing popular vote EVER IN THE HISTORY OF MAN!!!!! But also failed to win Senate elections.

So enlighten me Kirk, just who exactly votes on Senators? I mean does popular vote not apply to them? You trying to say maybe it's WHERE the Senate seats WERE that made a difference? That it? Then I guess that whole "OMG popular vote so huge!!!!" deal ain't all it's cracked up to be is it?

Fucking whatever Kirkland, you badger me about betting and then you're all "Are ya sure? Are ya super sure?" ....WHAT DO YOU WANT? Choose an amount. I don't fucking care because Mueller's bullshit investigation is just about wrapped up and it won't prove jack shit and after that he'll be charged for his dealings with Uranium 1.

Yes Lyle, that's exactly it! You've got it! This was the most unfavourable Senate map for either party, according to Nate Silver who got the midterm election exactly right, in history. The projections said that even if the Democrats won an eight percent popular vote margin (the biggest in history in a midterm) they would win forty seats in the House and lose four on the Senate which is close to how it worked out.
    I keep asking you what you want to bet on and how much you want to bet. I've already told you I'm willing to bet any amount. You need to tell me how much you want to bet and what you want to bet on. I'll give you a thousand to one odds if you want to bet the Mueller will be charged with any criminal offence. I'll bet any amount you want that he won't. Loser pays the other's charity/ies with verifiable receipts.

By the way the court filings from Friday show the investigation won't be wrapping up anytime soon.
    Come on Lyle, how much do you want to bet?
    $1.00

El Kabong Guest

$10,000.00
    $1,000,000,000,000.00

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can tell Kirk is trolling. He uses cases under appeal uncertain states to make this grand scheme. In my state if we vote we must show ID and it hasn’t been an issue. I’m still waiting for Kirk to answer me in his words how showing ID at the polls is racist. My state is heavily blue but we must show ID to vote, is that racist?

El Kabong Guest

James Comey's testimony is unhelpful to HIS and his buddies' ends....never knew about Perkins Coie paying for the dossier? That Dossier by the way, old as 2007. Loretta Lynch and Bill Clinton's "chance" meeting on the tarmac He had nothing to say about that? That's cool.....gonna be fun watching that piece of shit's demise.

Robert Mueller is running out of delay tactics.

Wonder what the Huber investigation of the Clinton Foundation turns up....I'm guessing it'll be enough to require a deeper dive if not result in charges immediately.

Things are moving slowly and PRECISELY...gonna be fun to watch. It's already fun seeing Kirkland so upset.

El Kabong Guest

Just to clarify some recent misinformation that (some people keep bringing up like it's true)......

The FBI says the Proud Boys are not an extremist group after all
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.8fae9713ce11
    A high-ranking FBI agent told reporters that the Western-chauvinist group Proud Boys, which has made headlines for its part in violent clashes in Portland, Ore., and New York, is not considered an extremist group, contradicting a report from a Washington state sheriff’s office that circulated in November.

According to the Oregonian, Special Agent in Charge Renn Cannon said during a discussion with Portland-area journalists that the FBI had not intended to designate the group as extremist during a slide show with the Clark County Sheriff’s Office. That office later released a report that said the FBI considers the group to have ties to white nationalism, an assertion to which the Proud Boys objected.

The FBI says it assesses threats and investigates individuals with the potential to cause violence but does not go after people for being members of particular groups or exercising their free-speech rights.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 12-12-2018 at 09:09 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At long last! Vindication for that hugely misunderstood group of white men.

Must be tough having to scrounge high and low to find support for this type of group, who the rest of the world sees as promoting racism and violence. But good find on that FBI guy setting the record straight.

My own opinion is that if you have to constantly walk that tightrope between right and wrong, having to constantly defend your actions, there must be something there.

But we're not supposed to be talking Proud Boys here, only Trump-related issues. So I'll leave it at that.

Again, good find on that article about an FBI guy saying the Proud Boys are not extremists nor do they have ties to White Supremacists.

I'd print that, frame it, and hang it on the wall, along with the halos of each member of the group.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    At long last! Vindication for that hugely misunderstood group of white men.

Must be tough having to scrounge high and low to find support for this type of group, who the rest of the world sees as promoting racism and violence. But good find on that FBI guy setting the record straight.

My own opinion is that if you have to constantly walk that tightrope between right and wrong, having to constantly defend your actions, there must be something there.

But we're not supposed to be talking Proud Boys here, only Trump-related issues. So I'll leave it at that.

Again, good find on that article about an FBI guy saying the Proud Boys are not extremists nor do they have ties to White Supremacists.

I'd print that, frame it, and hang it on the wall, along with the halos of each member of the group.

Sorry providing an important correction, my bad

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

James Comey's testimony is unhelpful to HIS and his buddies' ends....never knew about Perkins Coie paying for the dossier? That Dossier by the way, old as 2007. Loretta Lynch and Bill Clinton's "chance" meeting on the tarmac He had nothing to say about that? That's cool.....gonna be fun watching that piece of shit's demise.

Robert Mueller is running out of delay tactics.

Wonder what the Huber investigation of the Clinton Foundation turns up....I'm guessing it'll be enough to require a deeper dive if not result in charges immediately.

Things are moving slowly and PRECISELY...gonna be fun to watch. It's already fun seeing Kirkland so upset.
    None of these things are going to amount to anything at all. They're all just a load of nonsense dredged up by the GOP to try and distract their voters from the Mueller investigation. And now there's the SDNY investigation which has already implicated Trump in two felonies. Exactly how many felonies have been charged on the Clinton/Obama/Democratic side of this so far Lyle?

So how much do you want to bet on this Lyle? Is there anything specific and any specific amount that you'd care to bet? I'll give you one thousand to one odds that Mueller doesn't face any kind of criminal charges.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You need ID to vote out here. That is not racist. It is a requirement for everyone. Why on earth would you not need ID? Voting is important.
    It is the most absurd thing I’ve ever heard. Certain news articles state it is racist towards African Americans. Isn’t that a racist statement? Wtf if u r low income u can get a free ID. Every area has a dept of motor vehicles where the biggest pain in the ass is waiting inline to take a photo then wait ten minutes for them to finish the process. What only white republicans can do that. Ok here is another example. If u have an interaction with the police, in most areas if u can’t produce ID you can be detained until they figure out who u are. That is a touchy subject, I don’t agree with it but it is how it is. If I am pulled over driving without my ID I will be given an expensive fine. If I want to go into certain buildings I must produce ID or I will be sent on my way. Sure the ID thing can be annoying but annoyance is not racist

It's not "certain news articles". It's a whole bunch of Republican politicians and elected officials and all the various levels of the judicial system up to and including the Supreme Court. It's your own side admitting to being a bunch of antidemocratic racists. After the civil war, Jim Crow, the civil rights era there is still a widespread movement to prevent black people having the vote and is absolutely fucking disgusting matey. It really is sickening. At long last you should show some decency.
    So u won’t answer my question directly? You will just run around it. Please tell me how obtaining ID to show at a voting station is racist, in your own words, that is the question. You are doing a straw man thing.

It's specifically targeting black voters because a lot of them don't have ID. You could try reading the fucking articles I posted. When the Supreme Court have said that GOP voter laws surgically target black voters that doesn't give you pause for thought?

El Kabong Guest

It's specifically targeting black voters because a lot of them don't have ID.
    And there you have it folks the bigotry of low expectations on display for all to see. Bravo Kirkland, you're SUCH the champion for them, they can't speak or do for themselves, so lucky they are for as great a champion as you

I think the law is specifically targeting VOTERS in general because not 1 fucking person is expected to produce something not expected of another.

Getting a photo ID so you can vote is easy. Unless you’re poor, black, Latino or elderly.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.f573492122e9
    HOUSTON — In his wallet, Anthony Settles carries an expired Texas identification card, his Social Security card and an old student ID from the University of Houston, where he studied math and physics decades ago. What he does not have is the one thing that he needs to vote this presidential election: a current Texas photo ID.

For Settles to get one of those, his name has to match his birth certificate — and it doesn’t. In 1964, when he was 14, his mother married and changed his last name. After Texas passed a new voter-ID law, officials told Settles he had to show them his name-change certificate from 1964 to qualify for a new identification card to vote.

So with the help of several lawyers, Settles tried to find it, searching records in courthouses in the D.C. area, where he grew up. But they could not find it. To obtain a new document changing his name to the one he has used for 51 years, Settles has to go to court, a process that would cost him more than $250 — more than he is willing to pay.

“It has been a bureaucratic nightmare,” said Settles, 65, a retired engineer. “The intent of this law is to suppress the vote. I feel like I am not wanted in this state.”

The right to vote is so important.....'$250 is more than I'm willing to pay....as a retired engineer' ....LMFAO...best they could find is a fucking retired engineer who refuses to pay to fix legal issues. Oooooh he's sooooo hard done by. He could cry to a bleeding heart PAC and they'd pay him $250 IMMEDIATELY

Across the country, about 11 percent of Americans do not have government-issued photo identification cards, such as a driver’s license or a passport, according to Wendy Weiser of the Democracy Program at the Brennan Center for Justice at New York University School of Law.

According to Fairvote.org only about 60% of Americans vote in Presidential elections and 40% in midterms.......so just how much of that 11% with no ID overlaps with the 40% even?
    Last edited by El Kabong; 12-12-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's specifically targeting black voters because a lot of them don't have ID.
    And there you have it folks the bigotry of low expectations on display for all to see. Bravo Kirkland, you're SUCH the champion for them, they can't speak or do for themselves, so lucky they are for as great a champion as you

I think the law is specifically targeting VOTERS in general because not 1 fucking person is expected to produce something not expected of another.
    I'm going to go with the Supreme Court's view on this.

And also the view of lawyers representing North Carolina in a court case concerning their voter laws. Here they are admitting in court that North Carolina shut down Sunday voting because counties with high levels of Sunday voting were disproportionately black:

https://twitter.com/haroldpollack/st...57219899617280

and

The decision overturned a district court ruling upholding the state voter ID law. Writing for the 4th Circuit, Judge Diana Gribbon called the prior decision “erroneous”:
    Socioeconomic disparities establish that no mere “preference” led African Americans to disproportionately use early voting, same-day registration, out-of-precinct voting, and preregistration. Nor does preference lead African Americans to disproportionately lack acceptable photo ID. Yet the district court refused to make the inference that undeniably flows from the disparities it found many African Americans in North Carolina experienced. Registration and voting tools may be a simple “preference” for many white North Carolinians, but for many African Americans, they are a necessity.
    According to Gribbon, the 4th Circuit court concluded “that the General Assembly would not have eliminated same-day registration entirely but for its disproportionate impact on African Americans,” and said that parts of the law amounted to solutions in search of a problem:
    The only clear factor linking these various “reforms” is their impact on African American voters. The record thus makes obvious that the “problem” the majority in the General Assembly sought to remedy was emerging support for the minority party. Identifying and restricting the ways African Americans vote was an easy and effective way to do so. We therefore must conclude that race constituted a but-for cause of SL 2013-381, in violation of the Constitutional and statutory prohibitions on intentional discrimination.

and a whole bunch of Republicans in various different states admitting their voter laws are to target minority voters here:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/17/u...ical-gain.html

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The bet Lyle. How much do you want to bet? Go on, put some money where your mouth is. Don't chicken out.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's specifically targeting black voters because a lot of them don't have ID. You could try reading the fucking articles I posted. When the Supreme Court have said that GOP voter laws surgically target black voters that doesn't give you pause for thought?
    Dude, why can one race get ID and another can’t? The DMV lines in the state are not segregated

El Kabong Guest

The bet Lyle. How much do you want to bet? Go on, put some money where your mouth is. Don't chicken out.
    $1.00

Thread Information