Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golovkin v Alvarez rematch May 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quick point, I don’t think anyone has suggested Canelo beat GGG. I haven’t seen a single person say that. But then again I don’t go out looking for crazy opinions.

Many have suggested Jacobs beat GGG.

These are different situations. Both fighters are chasing the money. That is obvious and they are prize fighters, that should be accepted. What shouldn’t be accepted is fans getting caught up in the BS “It’s the fight for number 1 at middleweight” and such.

Jacobs v GGG is quite clearly the fight for number 1 at middleweight. Unless GGG looks older in the rematch, Canelo clearly wins, then Canelo vs Jacobs is the fight for number 1 at Middleweight. In other words if Canelo clearly wins the rematch we will never see the fight for number 1 at middleweight because Canelo will not fight Jacobs, GGG probably won’t either. But at least maybe
    Good summary. Canelo clearly lost to GGG but IMO showed that he belongs as a top MW. He is below GGG and Jacobs for sure. He needs to fight another MW to prove his place.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    By agreeing to May GGG is letting Canelo dictate the conditions.
    That’s because Canelo is the A side and he can go elsewhere. What’s GGG going to do, Fight Jacobs again for a lot less money and Potentially lose? Of course not he’ll wait for the super-welterweight like a good boy.
    So Canelo can go elsewhere can he? So where exactly are all these options?
    None of them are options he WANTS to take.
    He can fight any of the guys who are fighting tonight at a catch weight
    Why should or would any of those guys want to fight at a catch weight? I don't think Canelo will be fighting at Catchweights any more either, he is a MW Now.
    So his only options are :
    1. Making one of the LMW's go up a weight. Doubt that happens , they've got enough fights at their proper weight. Charlo might go up, but Canelo won't fight him.
    2. Jacobs - he'll avoid that same as GGG has.
    3. Saunders - same option as GGG. In reality, it's not an option because Saunders will avoid them both!
    So you see, Canelo is running out of dance partners that will cater to Oscar's every whim. I believe that's why he's only fighting twice a year.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why should or would any of those guys want to fight at a catch weight?
    Money! It’s as simple as that. Nobody gives a shit about those guys and they’re probably getting paid peanuts tonight. Canelo makes more in one fight than they will combined tonight so of course they would love to fight him and get paid. This is prize fighting after all.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why should or would any of those guys want to fight at a catch weight?
    Money! It’s as simple as that. Nobody gives a shit about those guys and they’re probably getting paid peanuts tonight. Canelo makes more in one fight than they will combined tonight so of course they would love to fight him and get paid. This is prize fighting after all.
    If that's the case and they're queuing up, why is he talking a GGG rematch? Because they can't be fucked with Canelo and Oscar any more. That's why Canelo ends up fighting a joke like Khan. That made him a laughing stock.
    No doubt you'll come back with "same as GGG fighting Brook....." but it's not. GGG didn't want to fight Brook, but your other mate and his Dad shit himself and lost his pen and they never had time to arrange anything else.
    Canelo / Khan was a calculated circus act load of bollocks.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Knocking out Khan was funny and it added to both the bank account and the highlight reel. Not sure how knocking a guy cold makes you look bad... but if that’s the logic I’ve come to expect from this place. I honestly don’t care if Alvarez and Golovkin beat up Welterweights as every fighter takes a soft fight now and then. You can defend Golovkin for it but he’s the champion (apparently) he should be defending against people in his own division

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Knocking out Khan was funny and it added to both the bank account and the highlight reel. Not sure how knocking a guy cold makes you look bad... but if that’s the logic I’ve come to expect from this place. I honestly don’t care if Alvarez and Golovkin beat up Welterweights as every fighter takes a soft fight now and then. You can defend Golovkin for it but he’s the champion (apparently) he should be defending against people in his own division
    Golovkin came for Eubank but had to settle for Brook.

Canelo fought diva Khan.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Knocking out Khan was funny and it added to both the bank account and the highlight reel. Agreed

Not sure how knocking a guy cold makes you look bad... but if that’s the logic I’ve come to expect from this place. Well you're in luck as I'll explain it to you. The knockout doesn't make him look bad, the fact that they had to resort to not only fighting somebody 1 1/2 to 2 weights lower, but someone widely recognised as
    A. Chinny
    B. Feather fisted
    C. Not in the top 10 of his own weight ffs. And
    D. The closest thing to Lord Lucan in Boxing.

I honestly don’t care if Alvarez and Golovkin beat up Welterweights as every fighter takes a soft fight now and then. Liar! You are forever digging out GGG for fighting Brook!
    You can defend Golovkin for it but he’s the champion (apparently) he should be defending against people in his own division See, you do care! Like I said, Golovkin wanted a fight, nobody wanted to fight him. He had to find a late replacement because your mate and his Dad bottled it (I notice you've chose to ignore that fact, because you have no answer as to why your little Bum boy superstar was scared as fuck!)
    Golovkin has no previous for picking smaller guys , whereas Oscar constantly cherry picked smaller guys than Canelo for fights with his little "Caneloweight" matchups.
    That little option has now been shut off as he won't be making less than 160 anytime soon.
    So, the only catch weights he'll be doing are between 160 & 168. He's already done The obvious one in JCC Jr. so good luck with that.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 10-15-2017 at 11:31 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's a wild idea for Canelo, fight a top contender at middleweight Shat even a mid ranker would be fine. This talk of him slinking back to 154-CW or having guys come to him is kinda silly. After all didn't he just "beat" the number 1 man at 160 in some eyes, well maybe two eyes, but hard to argue he proved he more than belongs, won no less but be ok with him running back to his safe-space with a straight face simply because he can make a payday and needs a reset.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Knocking out Khan was funny and it added to both the bank account and the highlight reel. Agreed

Not sure how knocking a guy cold makes you look bad... but if that’s the logic I’ve come to expect from this place. Well you're in luck as I'll explain it to you. The knockout doesn't make him look bad, the fact that they had to resort to not only fighting somebody 1 1/2 to 2 weights lower, but someone widely recognised as
    A. Chinny
    B. Feather fisted

I honestly don’t care if Alvarez and Golovkin beat up Welterweights as every fighter takes a soft fight now and then. Liar! You are forever digging out GGG for fighting Brook!
    You can defend Golovkin for it but he’s the champion (apparently) he should be defending against people in his own division See, you do care! Like I said, Golovkin wanted a fight, nobody wanted to fight him. He had to find a late replacement because your mate and his Dad bottled it (I notice you've chose to ignore that fact, because you have no answer as to why your little Bum boy superstar was scared as fuck!)
    Golovkin has no previous for picking smaller guys , whereas Oscar constantly cherry picked smaller guys than Canelo for fights with his little "Caneloweight" matchups.
    That little option has now been shut off as he won't be making less than 160 anytime soon.
    So, the only catch weights he'll be doing are between 160 & 168. He's already done The obvious one in JCC Jr. so good luck with that.
    Love your post, but... GGG actually actually does have a sizable history of picking smaller guys.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Canelo has suggested he wants the rematch.

Where? Conditions?

You would have to think GGG's team need to be quite strong on those without scuppering the chance of another big payday and the chance to put that W in it's column

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2017/...rematch-in-may
    It'll take place where it'll make the most money. The conditions on the fight will be that both guys will sign up for the fight only if every possible revenue stream is maximised.

Golovkin made more money from the first fight than he had in his entire career. He's now rich and set for life and the rematch will just be a giant top up of his wealth, enough to make sure his family are financially secure for generations if it's invested correctly and none of future Golovkins fuck it up. He won't even care if he loses, he's already been robbed in the first fight and will definitely sign up to get robbed again.

Golovkin has lost a step. People were wondering why he didn't go to the body in the first fight and it's because he couldn't. The ginger has learnt to slip punches and be elusive really well. He's intent on lots of future paydays and would prefer to do them at 155 where he can fight welterweights for big paydays and be offensive without taking risks. Fighting somebody his own weight who is decent he's got to spend the whole fight on the back foot and relying on the judges. Golovkin won't do any better in the second fight. The ginger probably won't either. I would guess we see another twelve rounds the same as the first twelve. If the ginger can keep it a little closer on the cards he'll get the win.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A. Chinny
    B. Feather fisted

Love your post, but... GGG actually actually does have a sizable history of picking smaller guys.
    Smaller guys than himself? With the exception of Brook and we know the story behind that , please name them.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A. Chinny
    B. Feather fisted

Smaller guys than himself? With the exception of Brook and we know the story behind that , please name them.
    Just look at all the guys from 154/147 and you’ll understand what I mean.

Also, I think people get caught thinking of size in limited ways. A person can hunch over and contract their traps/rhomboids/chest and make themselves shorter/narrower like GGG does or stick their chest out and high to make themselves appear as big as possible as most men will do.

I’m not saying GGG is huge, but he fought at 165 as a child. He’s not tiny. Most grow into their real size. He shrank into his real size. This suggests if he stops training he will get big fast. So not so small.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A. Chinny
    B. Feather fisted

Canelo started at 147

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The worst thing about Canelo is that at the prime of his career he is already In this "diva like status" of fighting twice a year when he should have fought this December.

We all now have to wait 8 months for the rematch..8 months!

GGG is the undefeated champion and it's silly that he has to accept the B side status which is quite ridiculous when he's prepared to fight sooner.

Canelo is a good fighter, but with its obvious the whole Golden boy team are trying to drag this rematch out so GGG gets old.

I still found the first fight entertaining with Canelo making the quality shots but he should run with the momentum and fight someone else in the interim.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So?....

Where? Would Canelo be booed in his own back yard? Will Oscar ensure that next time, just to be certain, that CJ Ross joins Adalaide Byrde and A.N.Other?

Does GGG fill time with Saunders and collect the last Panini sticker or rematch Jacobs and put a full stop on the verdict?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information