Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golovkin v Alvarez rematch May 2018

Hand on heart, Golovkin is by some margin the best in the division. People are taking the fact that he did not KO Jacobs as some daft reason to ignore everything he has achieved so far. He won that fight and quite clearly too. He beat Canelo and whilst I am a huge BJS fan, I think Golvkin still beats him. He is not old, just not 25..bloody whippersnappers who think life ends at 30
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Box Nation had it ppv, wonder which TV company will show this fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It should be another good fight, but I’m not happy about these two guys trying to hold up the division for a year before fighting other worthy opponents.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Should be a good fight.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Canelo doesn't fight scared this time they will be a knockout by the seventh round.

Nobody wants to watch Carrot Top running and running and backpedaling for 12 rounds again

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not even sure i'm up for this fight it seems like wave after wave of bullsh*t till either age or fixes screw GGG out of his titles and place in boxing. Jacobs 15lb weight advantage, Canelo probably had a 10lb weight advantage, tried to wait him out till he started to slip, then he apparently wasn't old enough so they had to bend him over on the score cards. It's getting ridiculous. There used to be a time when fighters countered power with speed, movement and skill instead of just packing on mass and bought judges giving you mystery points for surviving.

Eventually it will happen. Will it be this fight, i don't know. But if it does, its as much GGG's fault for waiting around for this rather than pressing the wbo and saunders. Both before and after the first fight. Whether the motivation is money or revenge I think GGG is losing sight of what he set out to accomplish and its all coming off the rails. Just my 2 cents... Maybe I'll get excited for it around may but I'm having trouble finding the logic behind it now.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing I’m really hoping doesn’t happen is a trilogy. That’s would be awful

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Canelo fought an excellent tactical fight against GGG. He was mobile, he made GGG stand off him much more that I have ever seen him. He had really fast hands and packed enough power to get GGG's respect. Smart boxing.

Having said that, I had GGG as the clear winner of the first fight.

I think this second fight will be quite different. Canelo knows he can stand GGG's power, he knows he has faster hands than Golovkin and he knows that it is easy to hit him. Canelo started and finished fast, and his skills won him those rounds. I think he knows he has the gas tank to fight like that for more rounds.

I think Canelo will be better in this fight and - at best - GGG can only be as good as he was last time. He is at that stage of his career.

With that in mind, and notwithstanding the possibility of another poor judging scenario ...... I genuinely have this as a 50-50 fight.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    I thought Canelo fought an excellent tactical fight against GGG. He was mobile, he made GGG stand off him much more that I have ever seen him. He had really fast hands and packed enough power to get GGG's respect. Smart boxing.

I think this second fight will be quite different. Canelo knows he can stand GGG's power, he knows he has faster hands than Golovkin and he knows that it is easy to hit him. Canelo started and finished fast, and his skills won him those rounds. I think he knows he has the gas tank to fight like that for more rounds.

I think Canelo will be better in this fight and - at best - GGG can only be as good as he was last time. He is at that stage of his career.

With that in mind, and notwithstanding the possibility of another poor judging scenario ...... I genuinely have this as a 50-50 fight.
    Golovkin could start faster this time and throw more combinations behind his jab. Also cut the ring off better and maybe focus on the body of Canelo more.
    Last edited by Master; 01-31-2018 at 01:58 PM.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Golovkin could start faster this time and throw more combinations behind his jab. Also cut the ring off better and maybe focus on the body of Canelo more.
    Canelo is good but not that good. Only the Gyspy King can punch himself.
    Last edited by Master; 01-31-2018 at 01:58 PM.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    If Canelo doesn't fight scared this time they will be a knockout by the seventh round.

Nobody wants to watch Carrot Top running and running and backpedaling for 12 rounds again
    He was wasn't fighting scared idiot he was taking away big dramas weapon, and I love Golovkin. My boss doesn't understand why I take these fight nights off, he must be myopic

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes.

I'm a big big Golovkin fan ....... and Canelo was not running away at all. He was drawing him in, controlling the area of the ring they would fight in, countering and mugging for the judges too.

Canelo is a proper fighter, not a runner.

I fervently hope GGG wins the fight, but whatever happens, I will still think Alvarez is quality
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes.

I'm a big big Golovkin fan ....... and Canelo was not running away at all. He was drawing him in, controlling the area of the ring they would fight in, countering and mugging for the judges too.

I fervently hope GGG wins the fight, but whatever happens, I will still think Alvarez is quality
    Yes, I should qualify my statement, golovkin won that fight, close fight, but triple G won, actually I think he won by quite a few rounds

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Yes.

Yes, I should qualify my statement, golovkin won that fight, close fight, but triple G won, actually I think he won by quite a few rounds
    Then it was not a close fight,

Thread Information