2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golovkin v Alvarez rematch May 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    I thought Canelo fought an excellent tactical fight against GGG. He was mobile, he made GGG stand off him much more that I have ever seen him. He had really fast hands and packed enough power to get GGG's respect. Smart boxing.

Having said that, I had GGG as the clear winner of the first fight.

I think this second fight will be quite different. Canelo knows he can stand GGG's power, he knows he has faster hands than Golovkin and he knows that it is easy to hit him. Canelo started and finished fast, and his skills won him those rounds. I think he knows he has the gas tank to fight like that for more rounds.

I think Canelo will be better in this fight and - at best - GGG can only be as good as he was last time. He is at that stage of his career.

With that in mind, and notwithstanding the possibility of another poor judging scenario ...... I genuinely have this as a 50-50 fight.
    Golovkin could start faster this time and throw more combinations behind his jab. Also cut the ring off better and maybe focus on the body of Canelo more.

It was strange Golovkin didn't work the body more in the 1st fight.
    The whole fight went just as I thought it would without the body punching element from Golovkin which was a surprise. Maybe he thought he'd lose points for claimed fouls. ...
    I knew the 1st fight would be a 12 rounder with dodgy scorecards and that's what we got. I'm expecting the same thing again in May

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    I thought Canelo fought an excellent tactical fight against GGG. He was mobile, he made GGG stand off him much more that I have ever seen him. He had really fast hands and packed enough power to get GGG's respect. Smart boxing.

I think this second fight will be quite different. Canelo knows he can stand GGG's power, he knows he has faster hands than Golovkin and he knows that it is easy to hit him. Canelo started and finished fast, and his skills won him those rounds. I think he knows he has the gas tank to fight like that for more rounds.

I think Canelo will be better in this fight and - at best - GGG can only be as good as he was last time. He is at that stage of his career.

With that in mind, and notwithstanding the possibility of another poor judging scenario ...... I genuinely have this as a 50-50 fight.
    Golovkin could start faster this time and throw more combinations behind his jab. Also cut the ring off better and maybe focus on the body of Canelo more.

The whole fight went just as I thought it would without the body punching element from Golovkin which was a surprise. Maybe he thought he'd lose points for claimed fouls. ...
    I knew the 1st fight would be a 12 rounder with dodgy scorecards and that's what we got. I'm expecting the same thing again in May
    GGG will have to go to the body as Canelo has shown he has a very good chin and unlikely to be knocked out that way. Both got tagged with huge punches and neither really flinched.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post

GGG will have to go to the body as Canelo has shown he has a very good chin and unlikely to be knocked out that way. Both got tagged with huge punches and neither really flinched.
    it seems to me that GGG is ageing and hasn't got the patience or stamina to prolong attacks to the body . So he's going for the killer blow, and it played into Canelo's hands a bit.
    by the time of the next fight , GGG will not be any younger.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Most feel GGG won the first fight, here he gets another big payday and the chance to erase any doubt. I don't think the inactivity will help GGG, he was used to fighting 3 to 4 times a year. GBP have done everything to get the advantage for Canelo. With Oscar already talking off a 3rd fight, you can bet it'll be close on the cards if Canelo makes it to the final bell.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gennady Golovkin and Canelo Alvarez make rematch predictions as middleweights insist they won first clash

Gennady Golovkin and Canelo Alvarez came face to face ahead of their rematch, with each insisting they won their first clash.

The middleweights fought to a controversial draw last September and will attempt to settle the score in May.

And both predicted they will ensure there are no doubts come the final bell in Las Vegas.

"I felt very comfortable. I felt I won. 100 per cent," Golovkin said.

"Everything is ready for an amazing show."

Canelo, who appeared fortunate not to lose on the judges' cards last year, added: "I went in there, I outboxed him, I went on the ropes, I made him miss, I controlled the centre of the ring.

"I'm a technical fighter. I'm not a jack-a*s who just comes forward, throwing punches and gets hit.

"I learned a lot. When I made him miss there were a lot of openings that I didn't take advantage of. Now I'm going to work in the gym to take advantage of those chances.

"We both want to win convincingly. We both want to erase any doubt. And that's going to make the fight more interesting — because if we take more risks, there's going to be more openings."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news...cid=spartanntp

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see Oscar is now saying that Canelo doesn't think GGG hit's hard, and now that he knows that, he will go marching forward and go for the knockout. Nobody hits hard months after the fight when you are not in the ring opposite them. He had ample opportunity and was virtually booed out of the ring by his own fans. That was a little harsh, I think he put on the fight of his life but Golovkin's power definitely made him more cautious and revert to boxing. Canelo is a great boxer no denying that, but he was matched by GGG and ultimately outgunned. A decisive finish would be nice but I can't see Canelo taking any more risks this time. If he does it only plays into GGG's hands.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    I see Oscar is now saying that Canelo doesn't think GGG hit's hard, and now that he knows that, he will go marching forward and go for the knockout. Nobody hits hard months after the fight when you are not in the ring opposite them. He had ample opportunity and was virtually booed out of the ring by his own fans. That was a little harsh, I think he put on the fight of his life but Golovkin's power definitely made him more cautious and revert to boxing. Canelo is a great boxer no denying that, but he was matched by GGG and ultimately outgunned. A decisive finish would be nice but I can't see Canelo taking any more risks this time. If he does it only plays into GGG's hands.
    I hope GGG does not load up too much to prove he was the winner the last time and make unnecessary mistakes.

Consistent, steady and meaningful pressure from GGG is the key to win the fight.

Both have sturdy chins so see it going the distance but more action in the fight.

Thread Information