Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is VADA too strict?

Bit of a weird thread. Im sure it's not the intended message, but all I get from it is, it's OK to cheat a bit isn't it?

Any drugs test should be difficult to beat no? If you disclose prescribed drugs to whoever is doing the testing, you have no issue, if you dont, you do. Im no chemistry expert, but combining two safe elements to create a hybrid banned one? Testosterone is natural. Is it OK to be jacked up to the eyeballs on it?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Bit of a weird thread. Im sure it's not the intended message, but all I get from it is, it's OK to cheat a bit isn't it?

Any drugs test should be difficult to beat no? If you disclose prescribed drugs to whoever is doing the testing, you have no issue, if you dont, you do. Im no chemistry expert, but combining two safe elements to create a hybrid banned one? Testosterone is natural. Is it OK to be jacked up to the eyeballs on it?
    My thing is that the lists are so long and confusing that anyone can cheat. When a drug can be confused with blood thinners or blood pressure medicine; and when some drugs are on some lists but not on all lists by country; and even worst when some agencies, even within country, have different lists and standards, we have a serious problem that NO ATHLETE should be forced to think about when getting prepared for a FIGHT.

Sports like tennis, cycling and basketball, where the impact of contact is relatively low or softer, you can concentrate on that and do your job. But HIGH IMPACT, full time contact sports like Boxing, UFC, American Football, while conventional wisdom states that guys on PEDs injure more people- even though the evidence does not suggest that and that they are more a danger to themselves than their opponent, particularly in the long term- YOU DO NOT HAVE THE TIME TO MONITOR THAT WHEN YOUR LIFE IS ON THE LINE!!

And, for figs sake: If I have a feeling that the sport is rife with stoked up PED'os (PEDs they CLEARLY cannot stop), I would WANT things that either cause my body to heal quicker or puts me in a situation where I can train harder to protect my body and life.

Take the politics out, reduce the banned list, keep it simple-stupid and move on.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can honestly see why some athletes state that they do not know what their trainer gives them. It is a matter of trust, just like how you trust your coach or team owner. Now, that is not to say that Ortiz did not know what he was taking. But it is to say that you simply should not be made to worry about that when your life is on the line.

And I don't particularly think the idea of calling guys out for VADA or any kind of dope-testing means that it makes the person calling the other person out any better. You simply can call for it when you KNOW you are either clean or not on it at that particular moment, so within weeks before the first test you can test clean legitimately.

I CAN PUT MY HEAD ON A CHOPPING BLOCK and state that guys who make the first call for Dope-Testing are slightly overweight, but not necessarily out of shape. A guy who fights at 147, but jacked to the sky walking around at about 160 or more. Then they near kill themselves weight draining to make weight.... smt....

Floyd was HELLA SMART for calling his fight days around certain times of the year. May or September, so he KNEW when he should have his body ready to fight and be trained to fight. The last fight of any significance Floyd had OUTSIDE OF THE May or September dates was the Hatton fight- which right afterwards he announced his year long retirement. Coincidence?
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They have enough time to check that if they wanted to, they cant be bothered that's why they have trainers, managers, etc. Everything is fine and good till they get caught and then people start pointing fingers. The promoter blames the team, the manager blames the trainer, the trainer catches the worst of it even though he doesn't know what the fighter does outside the gym. There has to be a 0 tolerance policy starting with the fighter (im a natural fighter but coach the doc said i need these pills for my heart, blood, iron, whatever), then the trainer (tell your managers to contact the doping agencies and file for exemptions, etc), then the manager (I would contact the doping agency but the promoter says to go through him since he knows a guy), then the promoter (get the money first and then worry about controversy after.)

Now fighters get too lazy because they're out pissing their money away or figuring the world needs them so they'll get a pass... The trainer figures that's not my job. The training is the same with or without drugs.) .... The manager says (that's a drug/substance issue, i just do the paper work let the promoter smooth it over he has all the influence..... The promoter says this happens all the time, we'll pay someone to release a B sample that's clean.... The ball can be dropped any number of places if this is how they plan to play it. This is why fighters with the stronger teams have the least amount of problems. On teams where everyone's b*tching about their cut... the solution is always to cut out another member of the team.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Thread Information