Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Degale v Truax / Selby v Ramirez - December 9th BT Sport

When triple Crown loses I am going to bump and sticky this thread forever.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Yeah I agree Truax isn't exactly a face but then again Degales been injured so we can give this one.
    Dubois at just turned 20 and Yarde looks top prospects and Dubois natural power is fierce... I think he hits harder than any heavyweight about today... he's putting opponents asleep (unconscious) this kid, not just knocking them over.!!
    His last fight the poor cunt was out cold for about 2 minutes before he even moved.
    Tipping Dubois to be a future champ if his chin proves solid, very exciting fighter.
    Dubois (or DDD as we know him) is too rigid to be world class and will get exposed like Price and Audley.
    But have you seen his footwork?
    P.s. just so that people know, when I said that it was a bit of a piss take of boxnation, Every time DDD had one of his 30 second fights Buncey (god bless him) spends longer talking about his amazing feet that what the actual fight lasted.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    This is a pretty disappointing opponent for me. Cant see any way Degale loses it.

Selby fight should be decent and a reasonable opponent for Yarde. Step up for Dubois too.

Decent warm-up to get me in the mood for Loma v Rigo later that night.
    Yes going to be a long but good night of boxing. You watching this @Batman ?
    @Master Is the pope catholic and making the world safer for pedophiles...hellz to the yeah

ahhh fuck, its me moms 60th birthday that week...hopefully no one is arranging anything for it, it'd be pretty difficult for me to dodge that bullet
    @Master our date night is back on, the family bull shit is occurring on the 8th which leaves me free for this.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a pretty disappointing opponent for me. Cant see any way Degale loses it.

Selby fight should be decent and a reasonable opponent for Yarde. Step up for Dubois too.

Decent warm-up to get me in the mood for Loma v Rigo later that night.
    Yes going to be a long but good night of boxing. You watching this @Batman ?
    @Master Is the pope catholic and making the world safer for pedophiles...hellz to the yeah

ahhh fuck, its me moms 60th birthday that week...hopefully no one is arranging anything for it, it'd be pretty difficult for me to dodge that bullet
    @Master our date night is back on, the family bull shit is occurring on the 8th which leaves me free for this.
    No if I can get the kids off the Play Station I will have the TV to myself.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Correct!
    Like I said "if" Dubois proves to have a decent chin then he'll become a World Champion.
    Great jab, great feet, great punch variety and has sledgehammer power.
    Seems mature and grounded for a 20 year old too.
    What is he 6ft 6 tall and 18 stone already so physically no one's really got an advantage over him except Fury.
    I expect him to win a World title within 3 years.
    With all the recent posts about Dubois, I thought I'd take a quick look on you tube while I had a spare 5 minutes. before I watched it, I thought that the above post was a bit OTT and knee jerk. But after seeing him, I can understand why.
    Take away any of the PED's rumours and going strictly on watching his fights, the Kid is a breathe of fresh air. He's light on his feet for a big guy, decent head movement , good punch selection and combinations and just looks a star in the making.
    having said that , in the early days , it's always difficult to judge because we don't realize how good (or poor) the opposition is.
    I'd rather watch him than Whyte , Chiz, Bellew and the Haye of today, that's for sure.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 11-18-2017 at 11:57 AM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What PED rumours are these?
    I've not heard any at all.
    You can tell he's naturally just a big built kid, not AJ ripped and he needs to stay that way so he's nice and fluid.
    I think he'd smash Whyte to bits tomorrow to be honest.
    At just turned 20 years old he looks a serious prospect.
    But it all boils down to his punch resistance or whether or not he's got that Warrior in him to get back up if he does get put on his ass.
    Time will tell but it'll be interesting to see how he takes care of Dorian Darch on Saturday... Hughie Fury beat him.on points and AJ got a TKO win in 2 rounds.
    1st round KO for DDD anyone?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Possibly KO of the year for those who haven't seen it.

https://youtu.be/7-PlbuWWceE

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Possibly KO of the year for those who haven't seen it.

https://youtu.be/7-PlbuWWceE
    Cant have a KO of the year in a mismatch like this.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dubois looks like a guy who forgot leg day at the gym . Bit of an odd look and hard to judge anything when it all goes your way early. Get him backing and you'll really see if the footwork is there. Decent hand speed though.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Correct!
    Like I said "if" Dubois proves to have a decent chin then he'll become a World Champion.
    What is he 6ft 6 tall and 18 stone already so physically no one's really got an advantage over him except Fury.
    With all the recent posts about Dubois, I thought I'd take a quick look on you tube while I had a spare 5 minutes. before I watched it, I thought that the above post was a bit OTT and knee jerk. But after seeing him, I can understand why.
    Take away any of the PED's rumours and going strictly on watching his fights, the Kid is a breathe of fresh air. He's light on his feet for a big guy, decent head movement , good punch selection and combinations and just looks a star in the making.
    having said that , in the early days , it's always difficult to judge because we don't realize how good (or poor) the opposition is.
    I'd rather watch him than Whyte , Chiz, Bellew and the Haye of today, that's for sure.
    Oh we do, we know all too well these days, which is why dinosaurs like Warren can't get away with flogging 20 mismatches before making a decent fight.

Dubois has fought two china-chins - Howe and AJ Carter - that Warren took criticism for because of their safety. Now i'm not saying Dubois can't punch but when you're odds-on to be slaughtered inside 3 minutes it doesn't take a boxing expert to work out there's something abnormally wrong with the opponents punch resistance.
    Last edited by Fenster; 11-18-2017 at 09:15 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Correct!
    Oh we do, we know all too well these days, which is why dinosaurs like Warren can't get away with flogging 20 mismatches before making a decent fight.

Dubois has fought two china-chins - Howe and AJ Carter - that Warren took criticism for because of their safety. Now i'm not saying Dubois can't punch but when you're odds-on to be slaughtered inside 3 minutes it doesn't take a boxing expert to work out there's something abnormally wrong with the opponents punch resistance.
    You guys just need a cynical facts are facts Teddy Atlas breaking down your 6 pro start heavies hype'fuls . Many of these early "just watching sausage be made" matches should be off air.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Correct!

Christ! You're more cynical than I am!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Correct!

Christ! You're more cynical than I am!
    How I long for the days when Pele Reid was a future world champ.

In a way boxing is less enjoyable the more you know. For instance, when Dubois fights Darch, to justify a mismatch the BN/BT commentators/pundits will roll out a million cliches like "slip ups," "tough man," "any heavyweight can punch," "can't take your eye off the ball," "respected in the trade," etc, etc.

Now Dubois fighting Darch makes perfect sense from a business/career perspective but as an actual contest it means nothing, just another easy KO for the meme.
    Last edited by Fenster; 11-19-2017 at 08:41 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow watching that vid of Wilder in his 5th fight and he doesnt look like he has improved much since then. Im really surprised people think hes competitive against Aj

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow watching that vid of Wilder in his 5th fight and he doesnt look like he has improved much since then. Im really surprised people think hes competitive against Aj
    His flaws are as exciting as his actual punch as both will eventually lead to disaster.

Thread Information