Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Degale v Truax / Selby v Ramirez - December 9th BT Sport

World Super-Middleweight Champion James DeGale MBE will defend his title against American Caleb Truax in his long-awaited British homecoming on Saturday 9 December when he headlines at London’s Copper Box Arena, exclusively live on BT Sport and BoxNation.
    DeGale, Britain’s first ever boxer to win Olympic gold and become a World Champion, returns to Britain to make the fourth defence of his title following a gruelling but glorious two-and-half-year campaign in North America where he cemented his position as the world’s premier super-middleweight.
    The trailblazing Brit defeated Andre Dirrell in Boston to win the IBF crown in May 2015; made the first defence in Quebec City against the former holder Lucian Bute in his home city in November 2015; defended it for a second time against hard Mexican Rogelio Medina in Washington in April 2016 and finally came close to unifying the WBC title against Badou Jack in January 2017 in Brooklyn with a controversial draw following a brutal but thrilling fight.
    The 31-year-old Harlesden star is excited to return to his home city and fight in front of his home fans as he continue on his quest to become a unified world champion and then look to 2018 at some blockbuster showdowns against his rivals.
    DeGale said: “Truax is a good solid fighter with a top pedigree. He’s been in with some quality opponents like Daniel Jacobs, Jermain Taylor and Andre Dirrell,”
    “He’ll be fighting away from home so he’s going to bring it on and try to take my World title, but I’m the best super-middleweight in the world and I’m going into the ring full of confidence and 100 percent fit.”
    “I’ve not boxed in London for a few years so I can’t wait to make my return to the ring and soak up the atmosphere from the crowd and put on great show for the fans.”

http://sport.bt.com/boxing/james-degale-v-caleb-truax-and-lee-selby-v-eduardo-ramirez-to-headline-bt-sports-huge-copper-box-show-S11364228911986
    Last edited by smashup; 11-16-2017 at 10:35 AM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: James Degale v Caleb Truax - December 9th BT Sport

December is looking good on BT Sport/Boxnation

http://www.boxnation.com/boxing-schedule/

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Degale v Truax / Selby v Ramirez - December 9th BT Sport

This is a pretty disappointing opponent for me. Cant see any way Degale loses it.

Selby fight should be decent and a reasonable opponent for Yarde. Step up for Dubois too.

Decent warm-up to get me in the mood for Loma v Rigo later that night.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    This is a pretty disappointing opponent for me. Cant see any way Degale loses it.

Selby fight should be decent and a reasonable opponent for Yarde. Step up for Dubois too.

Yes going to be a long but good night of boxing. You watching this @Batman ?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Yes going to be a long but good night of boxing. You watching this @Batman ?
    @Master Is the pope catholic and making the world safer for pedophiles...hellz to the yeah

ahhh fuck, its me moms 60th birthday that week...hopefully no one is arranging anything for it, it'd be pretty difficult for me to dodge that bullet

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I agree Truax isn't exactly a face but then again Degales been injured so we can give this one.
    Dubois at just turned 20 and Yarde looks top prospects and Dubois natural power is fierce... I think he hits harder than any heavyweight about today... he's putting opponents asleep (unconscious) this kid, not just knocking them over.!!
    His last fight the poor cunt was out cold for about 2 minutes before he even moved.
    Tipping Dubois to be a future champ if his chin proves solid, very exciting fighter.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pretty safe return for Degale and definitely should not be a 'title' fight. Truax is a lunch pail workman type fighter but has been trounced when stepping to world class. Ramirez was a pleasant surprise in U.S debut giving undefeated L. Barthelemy absolute hell and arguably deserved that decision. Very busy work rate and looks to mix it up with little pop. Selby in top form should do a paint job.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a shitty fight!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Pretty safe return for Degale and definitely should not be a 'title' fight. Truax is a lunch pail workman type fighter but has been trounced when stepping to world class. Ramirez was a pleasant surprise in U.S debut giving undefeated L. Barthelemy absolute hell and arguably deserved that decision. Very busy work rate and looks to mix it up with little pop. Selby in top form should do a paint job.
    The DeGale fight is a mis-match in my opinion.

I like Ramirez, I doubt he wins here but he'll definitely bring it. They should have targeted the Barthelemy rematch before stepping up to this level.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Yeah I agree Truax isn't exactly a face but then again Degales been injured so we can give this one.
    Dubois at just turned 20 and Yarde looks top prospects and Dubois natural power is fierce... I think he hits harder than any heavyweight about today... he's putting opponents asleep (unconscious) this kid, not just knocking them over.!!
    His last fight the poor cunt was out cold for about 2 minutes before he even moved.
    Tipping Dubois to be a future champ if his chin proves solid, very exciting fighter.
    Dubois (or DDD as we know him) is too rigid to be world class and will get exposed like Price and Audley.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dubois (or DDD as we know him) is too rigid to be world class and will get exposed like Price and Audley.
    But have you seen his footwork?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

"Too Rigid"

Wlad Klitschko was arguably one of the most "Rigid", "Robotic" and "Upright" Heavyweights in history and managed to dominate undefeated for over 9 years.

Dubois will go a lot further than Price or Audley, the kids huge, still growing, still learning, doesn't carry "Gym/Steroid" muscle and has superb footwork.

Put simply "Whatever he hits, he destroys" (It's no secret he's put AJ on his ass already either)

As long as he can take a shot he'll win a world title, i have no doubt whatsoever.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

"Too Rigid"

Wlad Klitschko was arguably one of the most "Rigid", "Robotic" and "Upright" Heavyweights in history and managed to dominate undefeated for over 9 years.

Dubois will go a lot further than Price or Audley, the kids huge, still growing, still learning, doesn't carry "Gym/Steroid" muscle and has superb footwork.

Put simply "Whatever he hits, he destroys" (It's no secret he's put AJ on his ass already either)

As long as he can take a shot he'll win a world title, i have no doubt whatsoever.
    I haven't seen this guy fight yet, but I know some people would dispute the above statement in bold.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One of you make a 20-year-old without 10-minutes of pro-experience a world beater the other a bum. ()

Now If only Dubois had the fleetfootedness of.....
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Correct!
    Like I said "if" Dubois proves to have a decent chin then he'll become a World Champion.
    Great jab, great feet, great punch variety and has sledgehammer power.
    Seems mature and grounded for a 20 year old too.
    What is he 6ft 6 tall and 18 stone already so physically no one's really got an advantage over him except Fury.
    I expect him to win a World title within 3 years.

Thread Information