Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Kell Brook v Sam Eggington @ Sheffield Arena - March 2018..?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kell Brook v Sam Eggington @ Sheffield Arena - March 2018..?

Kell Brook could be fighting Sam Eggington at Sheffield Arena early on March 3 - with a vibrant undercard featuring back-to-form Ingle gym-mate Atif Shafiq

Read more at: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/boxi...card-1-8895195

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kell Brook v Sam Eggington @ Sheffield Arena - March 2018..?

Brook would never have fought a domestic fighter normally as a world champion but considering his losses and injury this is a good fight to get back to the heights he once achieved.

I think this is going to be a war and a classic battle.

Hope Sam wins.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't believe this will happen. What a load of bollocks. Eggington was at the very edge of his level against Paulie who was right at the end of it. If Paulie was a shadow of what he was , his fitness would've been enough to see an easy win out.
    And Brook is supposed to be going to 154??
    Please don't tell me they'll fight at 154. Go up a weight and fight guys from the weight below.
    Either he's gonna continue, in that case make a meaningful fight, or retire.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think there's an assumption from Brooks end that he's going to be some kind of unstoppable force at 154lbs. Too big for welter, dynamite in training at around 155lbs apparently, a few decent moments against a prime rampaging Golovkin. All that adds up to a sure thing at the in between weight. I'm not so coinfident. I see him V Egg, Williams and Smith as 50/50's. If he's going to be the wrecking ball some think, he should be wiping the floor with them.
    Last edited by Memphis; 12-07-2017 at 09:08 AM.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I don't believe this will happen. What a load of bollocks. Eggington was at the very edge of his level against Paulie who was right at the end of it. If Paulie was a shadow of what he was , his fitness would've been enough to see an easy win out.
    Please don't tell me they'll fight at 154. Go up a weight and fight guys from the weight below.
    To be fair, I think Egg moved up first. Given the injuries he's had I got no problem with Brook coming back to what might be perceived as a gimme.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    To be fair, I think Egg moved up first. Given the injuries he's had I got no problem with Brook coming back to what might be perceived as a gimme.
    When you say Egg moved up, he might have announced it (gotta say I can't remember it) , but he hasn't fought at LMW.
    it's not even whether it's a gimme or not that bothers me. What bothers me is going up in weight and fighting a guy who has never fought at the weight himself. If you're gonna fight at LMW, FIGHT A FUCKING LMW!
    The reason it pisses me off so much is because it's meaningless and is only about one thing......MONEY.
    Hearn did exactly the same when Bellew and Cleverley went to CW in a PPV fight.
    This is absolutely as bad as all the Caneloweight bullshit.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As if that's gonna happen, fucks sake. These outlets are shameless, anything for a hit.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I expect Brook will comeback against someone like Jack Culcay or Ishe Smith. Or of it's PPV they'll dig up Margarito (he's got a few W's next to his name regardless of Carson Jones giving him a hiding).

Stylewise I think Brook would have a field day with Liam Smith and is a level above. Certainly no gimme though. That would be a great fight after the comeback but obviously will never happen (unless Smith's contract with FW is up).

As for Brook winning a title at this weight, good luck, this division rivals the toughest out there, he will have to be better than ever at 154 regardless. Charlo, Hurd and Lara have a belt each, which leaves Ali, who will obviously be their target. Even the fringe geezers are dangerous at this weight - Soro, Trout, Harrison, J.Williams, Sulecki
    Last edited by Fenster; 12-07-2017 at 09:08 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only one stuck on irony of Brook facing a guy named Egg? Ok sorry that was shit . Not a smart date for Brook imo. Said it one hundred times..get a guy off tv for once and come back from career dice roll on his own terms. Beat a stiff, beat two and then ease back. His next break is his last day.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Only one stuck on irony of Brook facing a guy named Egg? Ok sorry that was shit . Not a smart date for Brook imo. Said it one hundred times..get a guy off tv for once and come back from career dice roll on his own terms. Beat a stiff, beat two and then ease back. His next break is his last day.
    True, if he loses this his career will effectively be over. However these fighters can not afford to fight low profile fights, they have to be made closed fights in the gyms.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information