Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joshua Shamelessly Ducks Wilder. Refuses to give him 50%. Disgrace.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua Shamelessly Ducks Wilder. Refuses to give him 50%. Disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    "It will be 50-50 or else we don't see a fight."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/g...medium=twitter

Some people try and blame Wilder by pointing out his biggest purse is 5% of Joshua's and has only one belt and is less famous. But that shit ain't the truth. If Joshua was true champion why ain't he fought in America yet? Scared. Just as Wilder says. True champion would give Wilder the money he demands. Fact.
    How is Wilder less popular than Joshua?
    Because he's been promoted and managed poorly. And also because the Americans (quite rightly) set high standards about who they are going to hype up.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So nobody here has heard what Hearn is offering, Wilder has been public, Parker has been public, but you trust the guy that is always talking to the media but won’t say what he is offering? Think about that for a minute people

FTR I don’t care about Parker and don’t think Wilder deserves more than 40%(only due to his being the 2nd highest rated premium network fighter and AJ having terrible numbers). Just don’t trust someone who is always talking but won’t disclose his offers.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    "It will be 50-50 or else we don't see a fight."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/g...medium=twitter

Some people try and blame Wilder by pointing out his biggest purse is 5% of Joshua's and has only one belt and is less famous. But that shit ain't the truth. If Joshua was true champion why ain't he fought in America yet? Scared. Just as Wilder says. True champion would give Wilder the money he demands. Fact.
    How is Wilder less popular than Joshua?
    Dunno man, dunno. Racism?

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They're negotiating. We're only getting one side of the negotiations. It'll happen eventually because Wilder wants the payday and it'll be about 60-40 to Joshua and it'll be in the UK because even Wilder wants it where it makes the most money. Wilder just better hope he doesn't lose in the meantime and his right hand holds up.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    It's not about the stadiums.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Exactly, it is not about the stadiums. In the 1700's the main source of entertainment was public hanging. An English crowd will watch anything as evidenced by Amir Kan allegedly frolicking in a jungle here in the 21st century. It is just gentlemanly to share the plunder.

So true, so true.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    So nobody here has heard what Hearn is offering, Wilder has been public, Parker has been public, but you trust the guy that is always talking to the media but won’t say what he is offering? Think about that for a minute people

FTR I don’t care about Parker and don’t think Wilder deserves more than 40%(only due to his being the 2nd highest rated premium network fighter and AJ having terrible numbers). Just don’t trust someone who is always talking but won’t disclose his offers.

Good point. The truth is out there. Trust no one.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ definitely deserves more and a fair share more but I don’t understand those saying he is getting a following in the USA. He could get a following if he made the big fights, but he doesn’t currently have one, his numbers have been terrible.

Parker’s team says they offered 65 to AJ and a rematch clause for him and they wouldn’t take that either. Which, good, nobody cares about Parker, but it shows Wilder isn’t the only one struggling to come to terms with AJs people.

50/50 doesn’t work, what is the counter offer? If you don’t hear the counter offer someone is being sneaky. I’m genuinely asking, what is the counter offer? I haven’t heard one
    The trouble is 50/50 puts AJ as being worse off than he was in the Takam fight....by some distance. But it puts Wilder considerably more well off than it does if he fights the regular standard of Wilder opponent
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hearn doesn't have to tell anyone what he's offering. Do you go round telling everyone what you earn or how much you give your missus for housekeeping? Infact, Parker and Wilder shouting off about what they've been offered makes the deal less likely.
    If Parker or Wilder don't like the deal on offer, MAKE JOSHUA AN OFFER! But we know that's not gonna happen don't we?
    None of These fighters are ducking each other, none of them are scared. It's just about Boxing politics, money and business.
    If you had a business partnership with someone and generated 80% of the income, but were paid 50/50, it won't work for very long will it?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Hearn doesn't have to tell anyone what he's offering. Do you go round telling everyone what you earn or how much you give your missus for housekeeping? Infact, Parker and Wilder shouting off about what they've been offered makes the deal less likely.
    If Parker or Wilder don't like the deal on offer, MAKE JOSHUA AN OFFER! But we know that's not gonna happen don't we?
    None of These fighters are ducking each other, none of them are scared. It's just about Boxing politics, money and business.
    If you had a business partnership with someone and generated 80% of the income, but were paid 50/50, it won't work for very long will it?
    It strikes me that Wilder is really such a poor boxer, with nothing to attract a UK audience if he fights AJ here (or even in the US), that its not worth the risk for Hearn against a nutjob slugger. If he were to lose such a fight the title would be 'claimed' by US promoters who would just put Wilder or his successor up against stiffs, inside the US, forever, familiar? Hearn, Warren and Saurland can make better money out of keeping the title, or some titles, over here, and controlling the titles from within their own base in Europe, just like the Klits did. Sad but true but that is obviously the business side of it, unfortunately Joshua versus Chisora would probably give AJ as big a payday as Wilder. As I say sad but true, but that is business/politics. On the boxing side of it I think Joshua, Fury, Chisora, Price, White all have a good chance of beating Wilder, even Haye knows him well! I guess the intention is to keep him at arms length until his bubble bursts next year when the next US heavyweight hope schools him.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

However it would be exciting to see 2 undefeated heavyweight champions fight one another to unify the titles.

It may not be Ali v Frazier magnitude but could be Holyfield v Bowe.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    However it would be exciting to see 2 undefeated heavyweight champions fight one another to unify the titles.

It may not be Ali v Frazier magnitude but could be Holyfield v Bowe.
    Far too sensible and idealistic for it ever to happen, I'm struggling to think of an historic equivalent of a yank who would not go abroad to defend a world title, but I suppose in the past they were 'real' titles and not promoter owned alphabet shit.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unless I've missed something which is more than likely, all Wilder and Parker have been doing is shouting I want 50/35%. 50/35% of what exactly? Hardly financial transparency.

Unless you know the breakdown of the money it's difficult to say whats acceptable and what isn't. At face value, you'd have to say Parker stands a decent chance of getting what he's after, Wilder has two chances, slim and none.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Unless I've missed something which is more than likely, all Wilder and Parker have been doing is shouting I want 50/35%. 50/35% of what exactly? Hardly financial transparency.

Unless you know the breakdown of the money it's difficult to say whats acceptable and what isn't. At face value, you'd have to say Parker stands a decent chance of getting what he's after, Wilder has two chances, slim and none.
    Wilder seems to be certainly out of the equation now.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Exactly, it is not about the stadiums. In the 1700's the main source of entertainment was public hanging. An English crowd will watch anything as evidenced by Amir Kan allegedly frolicking in a jungle here in the 21st century. It is just gentlemanly to share the plunder.
    Exactly, any dolt caring to watch Queer Khan frolick thru a jungle ........ How the human race has decayed....,.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've watched enough Pirates of the Caribbean to know that Captain Jack never shares his plunder, he takes a share of others him being the captain and all. Joshua is the Captain, Wilder is like the dude with one eye or the one who's basically a barnacle and part of the ship. Know your place.
    Last edited by Master; 12-13-2017 at 12:56 PM.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information