Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Truax..deserves praise.

Nice to see that the judges gave the fight to the correct winner even on home soil.

This is a guy that done his homework, applied the pressure and got the job done.

I know we can counter that by saying Degale had a long lay off and was injured, but he looked really sloppy.

How far can Truax go from this win, or is his best option a well deserved rematch with Degale?

Please also discuss whether there's a possibility that even at 29..Degale might not be able to pull the trigger anymore..new trainer? New team?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Truax..deserves praise.

Who?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Degales a strange fighter. Even when he wins I never think he looks great. For a supposedly slick fighter he is very easy to hit.

Hats off to Truax but hard to see him being competitive in the mix. As a world champ Id expect at least 10 super middles to beat him easy. If I was him Id take the fight with the biggest purse and I dont thin that is Degale. He deserves it too, genuinely seems a really nice guy

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Degales a strange fighter. Even when he wins I never think he looks great. For a supposedly slick fighter he is very easy to hit.

Hats off to Truax but hard to see him being competitive in the mix. As a world champ Id expect at least 10 super middles to beat him easy. If I was him Id take the fight with the biggest purse and I dont thin that is Degale. He deserves it too, genuinely seems a really nice guy
    Mate, your title says that Truax deserves praise. Then in your first post, you mention DeGale's injuries etc. And in this post, there's a paragraph of dissing his achievement.
    I don't think anyone is giving him anything but praise.........well, apart from you!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DeGale got the snot beat out of him. The end...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No one had Truax winning prior to fight..let's hope a quick rematch in March/April can be made.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    No one had Truax winning prior to fight..let's hope a quick rematch in March/April can be made.
    That is if Degale has received recovered from the injury
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was quite surprised to read that Truax won a world title. Amazing he got the decision too. Happy for him as he is a good, humble journeyman fighter. Really an overachiever.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    I was quite surprised to read that Truax won a world title. Amazing he got the decision too. Happy for him as he is a good, humble journeyman fighter. Really an overachiever.
    Degale was not at his best but Traux did all he could to take the title. Hope he maximises his earnings because he came across really well during the interview.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For me it was the story of the night. Absolutely love to see a once 41-1 underdog jump from obscurity and not only win a huge upset but virtually dictate a fight. We always hear so many guys at the top talk fans and themselves out of big fights on either side of the pond whining about traveling and bad judges and excuses and on the other end of that are guys just clamoring for the opportunity and have a bag packed 24-7 and a flight on stand by. This dudes longest trip prior had was to Atlantic City and Mississippi..every other fight was in home State and surrounding region. I not only thought he'd lose but was convinced DeGale would score a finish based largely on him being dominated and stopped by Jacobs and Dirrell literally walking right through him. DeGale was another top flight talent and jump up but himself had taken damage in his last two fights and had been roughed up by not just Jack, a fight he lost imo, but also a Porky Medina was finding him with some clean shots. Regardless of what both guys had been through prior you make adjustments and retool career and march out to deal with the force in front of you. One night one fight one winner and Truax would not be denied. It's just refreshing when so many spoiled brats drop belts because they don't want to make weight and have enough hype-push-promotion to secure another right off etc. Meanwhile humble 'everyman' underdogs like Truax make the sport go round and fully understand..appreciate..what is a last hope shot at chasing a dream and changing his life in a single night. Sport needs more Caleb Truaxs keeping perspective and praising Brit fans, opponent and his family and friends.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I knew he'd get robbed in Britain but didn't. Never get a fair shake with their corrupt ass judging yet he won. The envelopes need refilling, quick.
    Last edited by Fenster; 12-11-2017 at 10:28 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Mate, your title says that Truax deserves praise. Then in your first post, you mention DeGale's injuries etc. And in this post, there's a paragraph of dissing his achievement.
    I don't think anyone is giving him anything but praise.........well, apart from you!
    You do know I didnt start the thread?

Fair play to Truax. He fought to a game plan and won, but I dont believe Degale was anything special on the night and I dont think Truax will hold his title very long.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was half watching this fight, DeGale isnt the most inspirational of fighters. The BN boys seemed to have it quite tight. It was all Truax from what I saw, DeGale was dog shite and Truax just kept on punching. He totally deserved the win.

DeGale seems to have some underlying issues to sort out. His breathing is bad fight after fight and he constantly looks knackered. He said the shoulder was fine but his confidence in it wasn't great.

Cue a split with McDonnell and a 'fresh' DeGale coming at ya in the new year.
    Last edited by Memphis; 12-12-2017 at 07:13 AM.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Adam booth or Virgil hunter might tweak him.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

You do know I didnt start the thread?

Fair play to Truax. He fought to a game plan and won, but I dont believe Degale was anything special on the night and I dont think Truax will hold his title very long.
    er, actually my bad. good spot mate.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information