Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frank Warren is not a good promoter!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Frank Warren is not a good promoter!

Why do guys keep bothering with him? The guys he promotes ROUTINELY lose, and lose spectacularly. He is not a good matchmaker, he is not a good scout for talent and he is not a good insider.

Frank is a liability to any fighter who wants to win and win regularly. The way he set up DeGale for an embarrassing career loss is just.... sad!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Frank Warren is not a good promoter!

Harsh.

"Set up" DeGale for a loss.

Nah.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Warren is no worse or better than Eddie.

Degale took the gamble and lost.

Warren's other fighters won.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, thought DeGale was taking a gamble before the fight. And the matchmaking for the Yarde fight was nigh on perfect.
    If a fighter goes out there and loses, how is it the promoter's fault? Warren isn't perfect, none of them are.
    They're all the sam on the cunt-o-meter.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, thought DeGale was taking a gamble before the fight. And the matchmaking for the Yarde fight was nigh on perfect.
    If a fighter goes out there and loses, how is it the promoter's fault? Warren isn't perfect, none of them are.
    I believe Warren has a certain control over the activities leading up to and on fight day/night. I don't like his movements or the stuff he does NOT say and certainly some of the things HE says!

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    I believe Warren has a certain control over the activities leading up to and on fight day/night. I don't like his movements or the stuff he does NOT say and certainly some of the things HE says!
    Well you're gonna have to enlighten us , otherwise we can't comment on this cloak and dagger illuminati stuff.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So true, so true.

What people don't say says it all.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    So true, so true.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So true, so true.

When I see you lurking through my bend, and you have some vaseline, binoculars and loose-fit jogging shorts, but when I speak to you and you say nothing! It says a lot! Your nothing speaks!

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So true, so true.

When I see you lurking through my bend, and you have some vaseline, binoculars and loose-fit jogging shorts, but when I speak to you and you say nothing! It says a lot! Your nothing speaks!
    Well Im glad thats all cleared up.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frank gets all the praise whenever he makes a good match/pulls off an upset (just the other night they were all waxing lyrical about "perfect old school matchmaking" for Yarde) yet the second his fighters lose he can't say quick enough that he didn't pick the opponent. Always blames the trainer and fighters team.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Perfect setup for Warren that werent it. On one hand he's a genius, but on the other he gets to be 'honest' Frank talking about a fighter he doesnt give a flying fuck about.

Franks second fiddle now to Edward, but over the years you'd have been a fool not to sign with him.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Warren just royally shafted Degale by not having a rematch clause in the contract (clearly doesn't give a fuck because Degale refuses to sign with him) The Beef between him and Hearn is simmering again because Warren keeps banging on about Stubhub/Resale sites selling face value tickets a 5 times what they're worth.
    Hearns responses have simply been "If he could fill a venue then he'd know how it works"
    I just heard there was a Warren promotion due this Saturday in Brentwood/Essex that has just been cancelled because of zero interest.
    Wonder how long BT Sports will stick with Warren?
    The Copperbox wasn't even full last Saturday even with 2 world title fights.
    I said this the other month.... "potentially" Warren has some decent fighters but he needs them way further along in their careers right now. not in 2/3 years time.
    Must seriously piss him off that Eddie Hearn has stolen all his toys in the past 6/7 years

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Part of me thinks Warren and Eddie have a brandy and a good giggle at all this back and forth stuff. They both say the same things over and over. I buy that Frank wasn't responsible for the DeGale rematch clause.

Interesting 12 months coming up with Warren/Dubois/Yarde. I wonder if Eddie is already into Dubois and Yarde ready for when Joshua fucks off to do AJ promotions.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a good interview and i'm with Warren on this stubhub business 100%
    He fires into Matchroom here and even shows a document claiming Matchroom were mentioned in parliament recently regarding ripping off the punters.

Thread Information