Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Who in your opinion is the current P4P #1?

Voters
11. This poll is closed
  • Vasyl Lomachenko

3 27.27%
  • Terence Crawford

4 36.36%
  • Canelo Alvarez

0 0%
  • Keith Thurman

0 0%
  • Gennady Golovkin

2 18.18%
  • Mikey Garcia

1 9.09%
  • Naoya Inoue

0 0%
  • Sergey Kovalev

0 0%
  • Errol Spence Jr

0 0%
  • Someone not in the poll, post his name

1 9.09%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who do you rate as the current P4P #1?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who do you rate as the current P4P #1?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Okay. So you have no argument. No problem
    Your argument that Loma isn't best because I wrong is right. I rethink Golovkin not winning Canelo every round. And never bested all rounds over Jacobs.

Crawford winned Ricky Burns all rounds. And Pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    If he were better than Crawford, he would have won every round against Canelo
    I have no idea what you just wrote. I’m unsure if it was incoherent on purpose, you are drunk, or a lot of autocorrect.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crawford for me but we all know p4p has more personalities than the ex and her cat combined. For Loma I clearly see the talent overload and rate Russell Jr, Rigo and Walters as top scalp wins. I also see Crawford with...to meeee...more diverse skill set and three times the fights as well as advancing now 3 divisions. You can let all the trinkets fall out of the gumball machine you want, we all know you can grow them on trees. Crawford is a self made man lets be honest no spoon feeding here and now steps into a 147 division brimming over. Is there any question that he beats or at the very least runs even..*Spence only.. with anyone there He is digging up to fellow p4ps while Loma literally stacked Rigo on stilts to claim his 'mega fight'. I just look forward to Crawford more I spose. Fook I hate p4p

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its mad the debate here. P4P seems to be designated with who fighters like rather than how good they are and unfortunately it comes across as race being the main problem most fans have with another fighter. Do you guys not see the hypocrisy in a lot of your arguments and see it makes you come across as racist twats? No doubt I do to at times but will try stay out of arguments along those lines in future. From looking at Fensters comments recent Id say hes pretty fed up with the rubbish debates on here lately

Somehow not having Crawford as number 1 is disrespectful to his achievements? He unified a very poor division. IF GGG unified middleweight would you have him as P4P number 1? I certainly wouldnt given how bad the middleweight is. Does unifying actually matter anyway? GGG has got so much grief for trying to unify MW and not moving up should Crawford not have got the same criticism after winning a title at the weight and not moving up? Finally does anyone think that Loma or Garcia or Inoue or Rigo at Bantom or Usyk couldnt unify their divisions if given the chance?

Crawford has had 32 fights and by my reckoning he has never fought a really elite opponent. He has fought maybe 5 or 6 world level opponents but his resume is nothing special. Loma has had 11 fights, won titles in 2 weight classes and fought 1 elite fighter (although weight advantage made the fight a farce) and has also fought 6 world level opponents (although he lost to one of them).

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m not sure what you were reading if people made it sound like p4p was just their favorite fighter or that people were racist because they put certain fighters #1. I feel like that’s you having preconceived notions about what people think.

I have no problem with someone putting Loma #1 but I think that Crawford definitely deserves it. I’m always up for a debate but some people can’t argue their point and try to make the other poster look stupid rather than argue their own point.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not all on this thread but if you’ve been on this site and can’t see guys contradicting themselves when talking about fighters they like and fighters they don’t like I think it’s pretty clear.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are always some people on every message board who I don’t really count their opinion as valid.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Not all on this thread but if you’ve been on this site and can’t see guys contradicting themselves when talking about fighters they like and fighters they don’t like I think it’s pretty clear.
    Yes, mate, when people are totally unaware of their own hypocrisy and inconsistencies whilst portraying blind arrogance they deserve contempt. There's only so much dumbing down until it's not worth it at all.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Crawford for me but we all know p4p has more personalities than the ex and her cat combined. For Loma I clearly see the talent overload and rate Russell Jr, Rigo and Walters as top scalp wins. I also see Crawford with...to meeee...more diverse skill set and three times the fights as well as advancing now 3 divisions. You can let all the trinkets fall out of the gumball machine you want, we all know you can grow them on trees. Crawford is a self made man lets be honest no spoon feeding here and now steps into a 147 division brimming over. Is there any question that he beats or at the very least runs even..*Spence only.. with anyone there He is digging up to fellow p4ps while Loma literally stacked Rigo on stilts to claim his 'mega fight'. I just look forward to Crawford more I spose. Fook I hate p4p
    Crawford to me has just as many good wins i mean not to mention he has destroyed all the champs in division with bigger talent pools. I have not seen a man hold so many belts at a time since Jones and Hopkins where in prime.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Those rankings are bollocks imo. But then again, so is the whole p4p thing.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Rubbish.

Fat boy Dan is a joke..just like merchant

The same dan that says Loma beats Floyd at 130..

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ESPN rankings are always a joke

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Crawford to me has just as many good wins i mean not to mention he has destroyed all the champs in division with bigger talent pools. I have not seen a man hold so many belts at a time since Jones and Hopkins where in prime.
    P4P is an exercise in multi personality disorders, zero defining guidelines and largely I believe based on marketability and flavor of the month. As 'holier than thou' as it gets when the subject comes up I simply try to look at it based on a well rounded and consistent skill set, competition and even longevity. Belt collecting, protecting and shuffling has become it's own clusterfeck and sideshow. Broner runs around as a 4 division champion..can anyone honestly name a single guy he beat for one of them . The day Ring mag named him #5 p4p is the day that list went into my cats litter box. Crawford for me has consistently dominated a respectable level of competition and shows a top notch level of skills and versatility doing it. He's on a projected path to face off with fellow p4p guys and I see him beating them.

Wilder makes ESPN top ten p4p. Yes because clearly he is one of most defensively and offensively skilled boxers against respectable competition in the entire sport today. All while throwing punches on one foot and half the time flailing around like a inflatable wacky tube guy in a used car parking lot. Welp I hear the dumb cat meowing, must have to go again .

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Yes, mate, when people are totally unaware of their own hypocrisy and inconsistencies whilst portraying blind arrogance they deserve contempt. There's only so much dumbing down until it's not worth it at all.
    True, that is why I buy into fighters fighting each other and that's it. P4P is a bit silly really. It has no rubrical grounding. I think Lomachhenko looks better than all the others, but unless he is a weight magician and fights all the others you never really know.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

James Toney will always be in my current top 10. But then again I am a blinkered madman.

Thread Information