Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Who in your opinion is the current P4P #1?

Voters
11. This poll is closed
  • Vasyl Lomachenko

3 27.27%
  • Terence Crawford

4 36.36%
  • Canelo Alvarez

0 0%
  • Keith Thurman

0 0%
  • Gennady Golovkin

2 18.18%
  • Mikey Garcia

1 9.09%
  • Naoya Inoue

0 0%
  • Sergey Kovalev

0 0%
  • Errol Spence Jr

0 0%
  • Someone not in the poll, post his name

1 9.09%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who do you rate as the current P4P #1?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who do you rate as the current P4P #1?

If Loma is # 1 off his extremely short resume and his totally predictable beatdown of an old man 2 weight divisions lighter than him..... boxing is more f*cked up than I thought. Ginger's name shouldn't even be on there.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who do you rate as the current P4P #1?

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Crawford for me but we all know p4p has more personalities than the ex and her cat combined. For Loma I clearly see the talent overload and rate Russell Jr, Rigo and Walters as top scalp wins. I also see Crawford with...to meeee...more diverse skill set and three times the fights as well as advancing now 3 divisions. You can let all the trinkets fall out of the gumball machine you want, we all know you can grow them on trees. Crawford is a self made man lets be honest no spoon feeding here and now steps into a 147 division brimming over. Is there any question that he beats or at the very least runs even..*Spence only.. with anyone there He is digging up to fellow p4ps while Loma literally stacked Rigo on stilts to claim his 'mega fight'. I just look forward to Crawford more I spose. Fook I hate p4p
    Crawford to me has just as many good wins i mean not to mention he has destroyed all the champs in division with bigger talent pools. I have not seen a man hold so many belts at a time since Jones and Hopkins where in prime.
    P4P is an exercise in multi personality disorders, zero defining guidelines and largely I believe based on marketability and flavor of the month. As 'holier than thou' as it gets when the subject comes up I simply try to look at it based on a well rounded and consistent skill set, competition and even longevity. Belt collecting, protecting and shuffling has become it's own clusterfeck and sideshow. Broner runs around as a 4 division champion..can anyone honestly name a single guy he beat for one of them . The day Ring mag named him #5 p4p is the day that list went into my cats litter box. Crawford for me has consistently dominated a respectable level of competition and shows a top notch level of skills and versatility doing it. He's on a projected path to face off with fellow p4p guys and I see him beating them.

Wilder makes ESPN top ten p4p. Yes because clearly he is one of most defensively and offensively skilled boxers against respectable competition in the entire sport today. All while throwing punches on one foot and half the time flailing around like a inflatable wacky tube guy in a used car parking lot. Welp I hear the dumb cat meowing, must have to go again .
    Look at the how good the fighters were in there division, how long they lasted and how big the talent pool is which I think matters. It is hard sometimes to see which opponents are better really because different division and there all fighting different comp. I mean Rigo amazing but he has done nothing in that division and had not fought in for ever how do you rank that. Then have Crawford beating undefeated champ in his division to unify which i think is worth more. The more think about pound for pound the more I seem to hate it really. I wish more fighters were like Holyfeild and just jumped up and beat the hw champ making all this pound for pound stuff mean nothing but that can not happen.

Thread Information