89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua v Parker - 31/3/18

Just given this some thought...
    Current Heavies are SHIT
    A Wlad fit Fury schools all of them but a Prime Lennox Smokes them.all by KO!
    It's just not the same is it?

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Current Heavies are SHIT
    Yep you're right but it is what it is.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Current Heavies are SHIT
    That’s what I’ve always said. Wlad got fortunate to hit his stride once all decent HWs retired. I don’t think he’s was that great. I think there are a few decent HWs at the top right now that weren’t there during Wlads reign but overall it’s still awful.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Was frankly expecting a better fight. The cards were horrendous also. Agree with the poster that said Parker fought not to lose (or get KO'ed). AJ was flat, maybe giving Parker too much respect. Still don't know what to make of a Wilder-AJ fight.... not gonna change my expectations off this one fight.
    I felt Joshua fought not to lose and Parker fought to just go the distance. Underwhelming fight, but a soood victory and another belt for Joshua. I feel he needs to get his confidence back up to 100% after essentially failing to stop his last two opponents or look very impressive against them. He’s still a highly tuned athlete with a great, tight boxing stance and foundation. Perhaps more combos and jabs and less trying to hold with the left and land that magic right uppercut so often. Wilder wasn’t doing shit when he had 21 fights and I still feel Joshua will beat him. Wilder is very very dangerous though. Honestly, after this one, a fit (if that’s even possible) Fury could be as well.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder has had 40 fights with 39 KO. This was AJ's 21th fight. I'm not saying Wilder can beat AJ. I just think he needs 1or 2 more fights to sharpen his skills. AJ knows that a fight with Wilder would bring millions. So I'm thinking AJ didn't want to get caught with anything that would cost him that fight. Just remember this Wilder will not fight like Parker. He is coming to bring it with some real KO power.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some people have such short memories. 24 hours ago, Joshua was the man. Suddenly, Joshua doesn’t knock a guy out and somehow that makes other people look better!
    Before that fight, Wilder had just gone life and death with Ortiz , a fat druggy geriatric. WILDER IS STILL THAT GUY!
    24 hrs ago, Fury was a guy who hasn’t fought for 3 years, and even then, literally only had one good fight. FURY IS STILL THAT GUY. People getting carried away with the old “If Granny had bollocks” scenario.
    Last night changes nothing. Wilder is still the underdog against Joshua and Fury is still irrelevant until he starts fighting again.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 04-02-2018 at 03:03 AM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Current Heavies are SHIT
    Was thinking more or less same this morning. Lewis wouldn’t have let Parker see final bell. The hw landscape is very different these days and has allowed AJ to get to heights he has whilst still maturing. There was a degree of maturity about his performance last night though as others have said but at some point he made his mind up he was happy with the ud.

If we get a fit Fury back he cleans up outclassing AJ and coming through a thriller with Wilder.

Last nights fight was dull but the Price fight made sure we got our money’s worth!
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Some people have such short memories. 24 hours ago, Joshua was the man. Suddenly, Joshua doesn’t knock a guy out and somehow that makes other people look better!
    Before that fight, Wilder had just gone life and death with Ortiz , a fat druggy geriatric. WILDER IS STILL THAT GUY!
    24 hrs ago, Fury was a guy who hasn’t fought for 3 years, and even then, literally only had one good fight. FURY IS STILL THAT GUY. People getting carried away with the old “If Granny had bollocks” scenario.
    Last night changes nothing. Wilder is still the underdog against Joshua and Fury is still irrelevant until he starts fighting again.
    I can’t speak for anybody but myself but AJ has never looked that impressive to me. He is for sure more skilled than Wilder but I just think that Wilder will be able to get to him eventually. Wouldn’t be shocked either way though.

I do agree on Fury though. Until he actually comes back and shows he’s fit and can still box he isn’t in the picture.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good performance, solid, no thrills. Funnily enough the people who tried to be clever and give Parker a shot because he's unbeaten, young, mobile, great chin etc etc, are the ones most vocal about Joshua not being able to spark Parker out, strange bunch.

Great jab which hurt Parker on several occasions and kept him on his back foot. Composed, assured, good movement. Right hand was a bit off radar, didnt set it up properly.

Parker for his part did all I expected, tried really hard, resilient. His game never really got going because of the Joshua jab.

Wilder Joshua, nothing changes, still a shoot out. Joshua the better technician but Wilder is a class A nutter and he clumps proper hard if not correctly.

The 'Fury who fought Wlad' Nonsense was boring a long time ago. Let him fight, let him confirm that he's the best there is/was/will ever be and then lets talk.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually thought Parker had a decent go..he just couldn't get inside or past AJ's jab. For others who thought AJ looked flat footed i thought he looked the lightest he had been for a while..just jabbing, then moving out of range on his toes as soon as parker tried to get inside his jab or throw something worthwhile. It was a bit of a stinker...the ref was fucking SHIT! Never let them fight inside and Eddie Hearn saying Parker was happy to hold..he must be on crack..as soon as parker got inside trying to land AJ did the old "tie him up in a headlock" tactic. Basically the fight was won on a jab..AJ jabbed with better accuracy and stopped parker getting inside and when he did the ref helped AJ out.

Anyway...stinker of a fight. AJ boxed well and for me got the win. Parker is tough..and a decent fighter with very good speed. Ref was crap. I still think AJ won that with hardly breaking sweat and i still think he beats Wilder.

For me i am all about Dillian Whyte..he is my favourite fighter at the moment. Would love him to fight Pedvetkin and smash that cheating c*nt back to russia. Felt for Price ...needs to retire i think...to many brutal KO's

Also agree with what others have said. Lewis smashes all current heavies. he could probably come back and do it now
    Last edited by Munkymagic; 04-04-2018 at 04:09 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Joshua says he wants Wilder or Fury. Haha. That’s a joke.

I honestly think that Wilder knocks out Joshua. Obviously I’m not super confident, but if I had to put money on it I would put it on Wilder.
    Wilder is still Wilder with all of his flaws. AJ must establish and live on that strong jab..not half way point but very start. AJ also has far better arsenal and physical strength, and composure to beat Wilder.

But if he stands there looking on flat feet I can see another scenario where Wilder short circuits him and AJ doesn't move around and bend at waist that well, least this night. Both have tremendous pluses and minuses for heavyweights really.
    He was made to look flat footed and one dimensional by somebody smaller, lighter and with much less reach who won some rounds there. Wilder has height and reach on him and fantastic athleticism if not footwork. You've got to figure Wilder manages to land some bombs during twelve rounds. I really fancy an upset there.

And the big gyppo would give Joshua fits if he gets back in proper shape. I bet he saw that and he's training like a bastard this week.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There were those back in the day who wouldn't trust the independent as far as they could throw it

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will say this Joshua will never come to United States and he won't be checking out any landscape anytime soon.

Ha! What poppycock! 💊💉💊💉📌👅👅👅

Thread Information