1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua v Parker - 31/3/18

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    This is an exciting fight i really wanna see.
    It could be. I really wish Parker had gotten a new trainer a few fights back and changed promoters. I think he has gone backwards in his development. He takes a big game, but as soon as someone hits him or comes forward Parker goes straight back, into the ropes or corners. Hands down, chin up. I really hope he has been surfing on this issue or AJ will destroy him.
    AJ will beat him with ease. I know you rate Parker but he is only relevant because he has a title. He barely beat Hughie and he is awful.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    It could be. I really wish Parker had gotten a new trainer a few fights back and changed promoters. I think he has gone backwards in his development. He takes a big game, but as soon as someone hits him or comes forward Parker goes straight back, into the ropes or corners. Hands down, chin up. I really hope he has been surfing on this issue or AJ will destroy him.
    AJ will beat him with ease. I know you rate Parker but he is only relevant because he has a title. He barely beat Hughie and he is awful.
    I don't rate Parker that highly but his opposition is better than some in the division. I thought Takam could have got the nod if not in NZ, and also thought Ruiz could have got the win. I hate the way Parker goes backwards. If he throws caution to the wind and comes out throwing bombs he may get lucky and land something significant. Otherwise I see AJ taking him out mid to late in the fight.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't rate Parker that highly but his opposition is better than some in the division. I thought Takam could have got the nod if not in NZ, and also thought Ruiz could have got the win. I hate the way Parker goes backwards. If he throws caution to the wind and comes out throwing bombs he may get lucky and land something significant. Otherwise I see AJ taking him out mid to late in the fight.
    If Parker comes out swinging he gets knocked out quickly. Best thing he can do is get under the skin of AJ and carry on making the steroid accusations and hope AJ gets careless.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree, Parker has pretty quick hands, but he can charge forward clumsily at times, his head doesn't move much either. I think if he can come out behind the jab and put some punches together early he stands a better chance than trying to take AJ into deep waters. He needs to let his hands go tho, he needs to get off first and stand his ground, he can't be going backwards.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree, Parker has pretty quick hands, but he can charge forward clumsily at times, his head doesn't move much either. I think if he can come out behind the jab and put some punches together early he stands a better chance than trying to take AJ into deep waters. He needs to let his hands go tho, he needs to get off first and stand his ground, he can't be going backwards.
    Watch Parker go backwards, getting pummeled and knocked out.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watch Parker go backwards, getting pummeled and knocked out.
    Probably, which is one reason I hate Barry.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by east end bob View Post
    I said some time ago that I take Ortiz to beat Wilder and Parker to beat Joshua. Ultimately Parker beats Ortiz. What is great about this is the reverse could happen in every fight. Frankly, I don't mind, I am just looking towards great action from 4 genuine contenders. Good luck to them all
    You are wrong, watch AJ beat Parker and Wilder beat Ortiz. Followed by AJ knocking out Wilder to unify the titles.
    I know you hate Hearn but you need to start listening to him so you can see what's happening. AJ won't be fighting Wilder next.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by east end bob View Post
    I said some time ago that I take Ortiz to beat Wilder and Parker to beat Joshua. Ultimately Parker beats Ortiz. What is great about this is the reverse could happen in every fight. Frankly, I don't mind, I am just looking towards great action from 4 genuine contenders. Good luck to them all
    You are wrong, watch AJ beat Parker and Wilder beat Ortiz. Followed by AJ knocking out Wilder to unify the titles.
    I know you hate Hearn but you need to start listening to him so you can see what's happening. AJ won't be fighting Wilder next.
    AJ will unify eventually that is for sure.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ has brought Takam over as a sparring partner as he wants some "World Class Sparring"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...onent-12142150

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Takam's hard as nails and if you want a brick wall he's ideal. A bit more height and mobility would be better I reckon.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Takam's hard as nails and if you want a brick wall he's ideal. A bit more height and mobility would be better I reckon.
    Takam wants to fight Chisora

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post

Was thinking that too, Parkers only hope is to be mobile and fast so you'd hope Mcraken has got some slicker sparring partners in as well which i'm sure he has but from what i'm hearing AJ has already shifted some bulk, is looking lean/fast and training his ass off.

If Josh comes in at low 17 stone for this then Parkers getting banged out very early.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    from what i'm hearing AJ has already shifted some bulk, is looking lean/fast and training his ass off.
    I think everyone who saw his last fight said he needs to drop at least a stone before his next fight.

It'll be interesting to see just how much he has shifted at the weigh in

El Kabong Guest

Very tough fight, Parker will be well up for it and could shock the world.

Anthony Joshua SHOULD, pump the jab, move lightly, drop the 1-2, tie up on the inside, break early to punch on the break (kind of illegal, but only if the ref calls it), and end combinations off the hook to put himself in a solid defensive position. Do those things and he wins easy.

Parker has to find a way inside, watch for the jab to come back low and fire a right over the top of it will be his best bet and that being the case left hooks to the body to try and drop that lead arm could be useful. He's going to have to be strong on the inside, keeps his hands free, and be accurate with his punches.

I'd love for this to be a close fight so that way there's action after AJ-Wilder hopefully happens. The heavyweight division could really have some fan friendly style matchups coming up.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m assuming that Wilder vs AJ will happen next, but the good thing about Parker winning is that Parker vs Wilder would for sure happen next.

Thread Information