Thread: Groves v Eubank Jnr - WBSS Semi Final 17/2/18

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Will Groves power be too much for Eubank Jnr?

I don’t think so, this is one of only a couple times I think Groves is the underdog.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    I don’t think so, this is one of only a couple times I think Groves is the underdog.
    Don't get it. If this is only one of a couple of times Groves is underdog, when was the other time?
    I'm really not trying to be flippant, but if I'm reading what you're saying correctly , he's more of an underdog than he was for one of the Froch fights, the Jack fight and the DeGale fight , is that right ?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Don't get it. If this is only one of a couple of times Groves is underdog, when was the other time?
    I'm really not trying to be flippant, but if I'm reading what you're saying correctly , he's more of an underdog than he was for one of the Froch fights, the Jack fight and the DeGale fight , is that right ?
    Froch (first fight only) and Jack.

I’m my mind Groves was always too good for DeGale and I was annoyed the fight was as close as it was.

He was more of an underdog going into Froch and Jack fights, but in my mind Eubank is gonna have too much pace for him.

I’m not being a dick as Groves is one of my favourite fighters, but I see a late stoppage for Eubank.

I hope I’m wrong bro.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch (first fight only) and Jack.

I’m my mind Groves was always too good for DeGale and I was annoyed the fight was as close as it was.

He was more of an underdog going into Froch and Jack fights, but in my mind Eubank is gonna have too much pace for him.

I’m not being a dick as Groves is one of my favourite fighters, but I see a late stoppage for Eubank.

I hope I’m wrong bro.
    That’s fair enough, I just wanted to make sure I understood you right. I don’t think you’re being a dick, but I don’t agree with what you’re saying.
    Time will tell though.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Read into this what you want but Froch is on record as saying his spars with Jnr were tougher than the second Groves fight and that Groves can't beat him.

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news...hris-eubank-jr

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Read into this what you want but Froch is on record as saying his spars with Jnr were tougher than the second Groves fight and that Groves can't beat him.

I saw this and the first thing I thought is Froch is attention seeking because he feels a bit envious of these guys. So he has to say something dramatic.
    When Groves won the title in his last but one fight, Froch was drooling over his performance and giving him a standing ovation and it felt like everything was in the past And everyone was being mature and moving on.
    I might be out of order , but these irrational changing opinions and mood swings could well be down to what he puts up his nose.
    Or , I might be wrong and I have no right to tell Froch how he felt in sparring Eubank Jr. whatever

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw some footage of that sparring session, it might still be on YouTube.
    I remember thinking at the time that Jnr more than held his own.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I also saw footage , and he did hold his own. But it was a spar. sometimes Boxers are working on different things in Sparring. Maybe Froch was working on defence and allowing Eubank to muscle him up a bit . A bit like attack v defence in football training. Not realistic.
    putting this into perspective, this spar was a long time ago, BEFORE Eubank had even fought BJS. And we saw what Eubank was like against BJS. for the first 6 rounds , he was clueless and frustrated, only coming back into the fight in any way because of BJS's poor conditioning at that time.
    So , do we see the Raw Eubank that lost to BJS as being good enough to beat Groves ? because in effect, that's what we're saying if we're taking that spar into consideration.
    Ironically , Froch is basing his opinion on his spar with Eubank , but when he was fighting Groves , steadfastly refused to take the spar that they had into consideration . funny that isn't it? apparently , Froch floored Groves , Groves got up and dominated the rest of the spar. but that doesn't mean anything , does it?
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 01-13-2018 at 05:28 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just 6 of Eubank's 20 stoppages have come after the 6th round, all 6 were stopped on their feet (two complaining about it), 3 between rounds in the corner.

And, incidentally, if you fancy Groves, he's never stopped anyone past the 7th round, not even scored a knockdown.

Groves PTS is 4/1 / KO rds 1-6 is 5/1

Jr PTS is 3/1 / KO rds 1-6 4/1
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw this and the first thing I thought is Froch is attention seeking because he feels a bit envious of these guys. So he has to say something dramatic.
    When Groves won the title in his last but one fight, Froch was drooling over his performance and giving him a standing ovation and it felt like everything was in the past And everyone was being mature and moving on.
    I might be out of order , but these irrational changing opinions and mood swings could well be down to what he puts up his nose.
    Or , I might be wrong and I have no right to tell Froch how he felt in sparring Eubank Jr. whatever
    Christ! There must be a lot of it if Froch puts it up HIS hooter!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Just 6 of Eubank's 20 stoppages have come after the 6th round, all 6 were stopped on their feet (two complaining about it), 3 between rounds in the corner.

And, incidentally, if you fancy Groves, he's never stopped anyone past the 7th round, not even scored a knockdown.

Looking forward to a great fight, nice to see competitive odds that offer a good return either way you pick, what's not to like?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post

Looking forward to a great fight, nice to see competitive odds that offer a good return either way you pick, what's not to like?
    The fact that it is ITV PPV.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Groves by decision sounds like a very fair bet. Eubank Jnr obviously has a chin and Groves is a very good boxer. Yep, think a Groves win on points is the most likely outcome.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

putting this into perspective, this spar was a long time ago, BEFORE Eubank had even fought BJS. And we saw what Eubank was like against BJS. for the first 6 rounds , he was clueless and frustrated, only coming back into the fight in any way because of BJS's poor conditioning at that time.
    Puzzling that for such a big domestic scrap and build up, BJS would flunk on the physical conditioning.

Makes zero sense.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post
    Puzzling that for such a big domestic scrap and build up, BJS would flunk on the physical conditioning.

Makes zero sense.
    I have a theory that the fittest fighters like Eubank and Holyfield train so hard that they know about getting tired and exhausted. So they make sure they keep some in reserve at all times.

Junior was inexperienced having not gone the distance and kept too much back and when he did start it was just too late to get a draw or victory. The fight was still close.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information