Thread: Groves v Eubank Jnr - WBSS Semi Final 17/2/18

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Will Groves power be too much for Eubank Jnr?

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    I saw some footage of that sparring session, it might still be on YouTube.
    I remember thinking at the time that Jnr more than held his own.
    putting this into perspective, this spar was a long time ago, BEFORE Eubank had even fought BJS. And we saw what Eubank was like against BJS. for the first 6 rounds , he was clueless and frustrated, only coming back into the fight in any way because of BJS's poor conditioning at that time.
    Puzzling that for such a big domestic scrap and build up, BJS would flunk on the physical conditioning.

Makes zero sense.
    I have a theory that the fittest fighters like Eubank and Holyfield train so hard that they know about getting tired and exhausted. So they make sure they keep some in reserve at all times.

Junior was inexperienced having not gone the distance and kept too much back and when he did start it was just too late to get a draw or victory. The fight was still close.
    Firstly, BJS didn't see it as such a big domestic scrap, he thought it would be easy. He cut corners and everybody knows he wasn't that dedicated at the time. Infact, he only said a week or two ago, that he was gonna jack it all in, and Frank Warren begged/persuaded him to go to Ingle.
    Secondly, the fight wasn't even that close! BJS Won the first 6 rounds hands down, and 2 of the last 6 rounds which were very scrappy. That means he won by 4 rounds, not close really.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    I saw some footage of that sparring session, it might still be on YouTube.
    I remember thinking at the time that Jnr more than held his own.
    putting this into perspective, this spar was a long time ago, BEFORE Eubank had even fought BJS. And we saw what Eubank was like against BJS. for the first 6 rounds , he was clueless and frustrated, only coming back into the fight in any way because of BJS's poor conditioning at that time.
    Puzzling that for such a big domestic scrap and build up, BJS would flunk on the physical conditioning.

Makes zero sense.
    I have a theory that the fittest fighters like Eubank and Holyfield train so hard that they know about getting tired and exhausted. So they make sure they keep some in reserve at all times.

Junior was inexperienced having not gone the distance and kept too much back and when he did start it was just too late to get a draw or victory. The fight was still close.
    Firstly, BJS didn't see it as such a big domestic scrap, he thought it would be easy. He cut corners and everybody knows he wasn't that dedicated at the time. Infact, he only said a week or two ago, that he was gonna jack it all in, and Frank Warren begged/persuaded him to go to Ingle.
    Secondly, the fight wasn't even that close! BJS Won the first 6 rounds hands down, and 2 of the last 6 rounds which were very scrappy. That means he won by 4 rounds, not close really.
    Do not believe what BJS et al said about the fight. He was is the best condition he possibly could be at the time, no way was he not taking that fight seriously. It was a big grudge fight.

The fight was close, I had it a draw 5-1 the first half and 5-1 the second half.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You need to watch it again.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is how I scored it the first time and no point scoring it again.

It ended up a close fight for me and most people who know and understand boxing.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It ended up a close fight for me and most people who know and understand boxing.
    Eubank came back well over the second half, it was too late though. He ran out of rounds. The right guy won.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah , Whatever .

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

Eubank came back well over the second half, it was too late though. He ran out of rounds. The right guy won.
    7-5 at most to Saunders. Next time will be different.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right , so you've gone from draw to 7-5 in 24 hrs. By tomorrow BJS Will have won every round! Don't forget , it's alright scoring rounds for a guy coming forward, but he does ACTUALLY HAVE TO CONNECT every now and then.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right , so you've gone from draw to 7-5 in 24 hrs. By tomorrow BJS Will have won every round! Don't forget , it's alright scoring rounds for a guy coming forward, but he does ACTUALLY HAVE TO CONNECT every now and then.
    I am saying 6-6 or 7-5 I can see but 8-4 as you scored it is going into an easy and decisive decision.

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saunders has already embarrassed Eubank Jr why would he bother doing it again? I think Primo is right and Groves may have Jr's number. It would be a real shame to see the unbeatable Eubank Jr beaten again
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If BJS and Eubank win then that sets up a big rematch.

Ironically it could also set up a losers rematch with Groves v De Gale.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If BJS and Eubank win then that sets up a big rematch.

Ironically it could also set up a losers rematch with Groves v De Gale.
    any of those will be good

Eubank vs Groves is a real fight. You know it’s a great fight when you struggle to pick a winner. Since it was made months ago Ive gone back and forth I can see either guy winning but I leaning towards Groves and this is why. He is a physically bigger guy than Billy Joe who was able to deal with the physicaly strength of Eubank at 160. Yes Eubank has improved since that fight but this is the best opponent Eubank has faced since Billy Joe. Groves also carries power and has a good jab which I think its crucial to his gameplan for this fight. I see the whirlwind which is Eubank causing havoc with Groves composure at times but should Groves be allowed to settle and establish that jab I think the rushes from Eubank will be few and far between. If he hits Eubank with power shots often enough to convince him he cant just come forward and close the distance then George should win the close rounds whilst Eubank waits too long to launch the next attack. When you watch how crude Eubank was chasing the fight with Billy Joe tripping over his own feet you feel a guy with Groves power could take advantage like he did when Carl came forward recklessly in round 1.

Eubank can hurt Groves too which makes it exciting and the pattern of the fight could change at any moment but if I were a betting man I think a bruised up, physically exhausted Groves manages to get through 12 rounds and deserve a close decision. He will have to fight out his skin & dig deep to get there but I think he has it in him. Eubank will claim victory too.
    Last edited by GAME; 01-19-2018 at 07:02 AM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Based on a distorted view of the Groves V Robot Matt Damon fight I've been firmly in the Eubank Jr corner, now I'm not so confident.

Watching it live I thought Groves was badly struggling and sure to run out of puff soon enough and get stopped. When he mounted that savage rally I thought he had to maintain it and end the fight, like Eminem he had one shot.

Watching it back I was wrong. It was a grind don't get me wrong and Chudinov was coming on strong, but Groves was far more comfortable than I gave him credit for and his fight ending salvo wasn't exactly the last roll of a desperate man like I initially thought it was.

This all comes down to how well Eubank Jr handles the power of Groves. Groves will get that right hand in at some point and that will tell us everything. If Eubank ploughs through it his output wins out.

Jr.........points
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ITV Official mini Documentary on the fight

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Groves v Eubank Jnr - WBSS Semi Final 17/2/18

Watch IBO super-middleweight champion Chris Eubank Jr throw 98 punches in 11 seconds

The IBO super-middleweight champion takes on Groves in a unification fight at the Manchester Arena on February 17.
    Eubank Jr heads into the clash as the slight favourite despite Groves’ experience with big occasions.
    And the favourite for the fight showed off the sheer speed he possesses by throwing 98 punches in just 11 seconds.
    That’s a crazy rate of nine punches per second, in case you were wondering.
    Video
    Read more at https://talksport.com/boxing/watch-i...Vps9tSZhHjx.99

Thread Information