Default Re: Groves v Eubank Jnr - WBSS Semi Final 17/2/18

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So, I meant to ask this on fight night , and this reminded me. did Jr. actually wrap his own hands for the fight? If he did, nobody can convince me that this guy is not an absolute fucking plank!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    So, I meant to ask this on fight night , and this reminded me. did Jr. actually wrap his own hands for the fight? If he did, nobody can convince me that this guy is not an absolute fucking plank!
    Yep he did.

Anyone else hear that the 4th judge (WBSS has a 4th incase of a draw) had Eubank winning?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Yep he did.

Anyone else hear that the 4th judge (WBSS has a 4th incase of a draw) had Eubank winning?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Yep he did.

Well , as far as I'm concerned , whoever that was AND Marcus McDonnell should be banned from Judging ever again. They're obviously just no good at it. McDonnell may be a decent ref (Debatable) , but he clearly isn't a judge. its alright being 2 or 3 rounds out, but I thought that the OTHER Judges were generous to Eubank and just within acceptability, so McDonnell and the 4th Judge are unacceptable.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Billy Joe Saunders slams Chris Eubank Jr after George Groves loss, says he will never be a world beater

Billy Joe Saunders was not impressed with Chris Eubank Jr's performance following his unanimous decision loss to WBA and now IBO super-middleweight champion George Groves in the World Boxing Super Series semi-final last weekend.

Groves managed to outclass Eubank Jr on Saturday (17 February) to not only advance to the final where he will face the winner of Callum Smith and Jurgen Brahmer bout, but also inflict just the second defeat of his opponent's career.

The first defeat for "Next Gen" was inflicted by Saunders when he emerged victorious via split decision back in 2014 to retain his then European, British, and Commonwealth middleweight titles.

The current WBO middleweight champion had some strong words for Eubank Jr, particularly taking aim at the fact that he doesn't make use of an official trainer or promoter.

"I enjoyed watching him get beat. You can't be disrespectful and mischievous at this level," Saunders told talkSPORT. "If you think you can be that ignorant and get in there for this calibre of opponent without a trainer and without proper guidance, this is going to happen ten out of ten [times].

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news...cid=spartanntp

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    To be fair the blood was bothering him, every time the action broke he was tilting his head to gush it away (did it a million times). And fighters have been making excuses since the dawn of time, nothing new.
    I know but he's putting it on thick, Jr also said that he took Groves too lightly.
    The blood was bothering him but it didn't look like he was completely blind for 100% of the time after the cut came.

Jr does what he does, I want to hear him admit that he is a jumped up prick who isn't as good as he thought he was....although that's never going to happen
    And his next fight will sell and his next because people will want to see him humbled. Adrian Broner gets great ratings because of this. Losing doesn't matter as long as you still act above it all. People will still hate you and tune in to see you. Backwards world we've made

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

George Groves: WBA super-middleweight champion has surgery

WBA super-middleweight champion George Groves has had surgery on his shoulder but hopes to fight in a delayed World Boxing Super Series final in July.

Groves, who defeated Chris Eubank Jr this month, said he was going for a "minor operation" on Monday morning.

He was in line to face fellow Briton Callum Smith, who beat Dutchman Nieky Holzken, in the final in June.

But the 29-year-old says he has applied to postpone the bout for a month to allow him to recover.

Groves retained his WBA title with a unanimous points win over Eubank Jr on 17 February, but was taken to hospital after the fight with a suspected dislocated shoulder.

He tweeted the news of his operation and said he was "hopeful" he would be granted an extension.

Smith, who beat Holzken in a unanimous points win in Germany on Saturday, went into the series as the favourite.

The winner of the tournament will earn a share of the $50m (£35.6m) prize pool and lift the Muhammad Ali Trophy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/43197322

Thread Information