Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Khan set to join forces with Eddie Hearn

3 fight deal with Matchroom starting in April at the Echo Arena in Liverpool.
    Gotta be the Brook fight pencilled in for the 3rd fight in 2019.

http://www.ringnews24.com/2018/01/10.../#.WlY1A3OnzqA

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hearn on Khan v Brook

“No, he’s happy. I’ve told Kell. We’ve been talking to Amir for months now. I told Kell a while back that we’re talking. I phoned him and messaged him last night to let him no before anyone else. He’s excited. He doesn’t like Amir Khan. That’s pretty obvious. But also it doesn’t take a genius to work out that this brings Brook-Khan closer. This brings all the mega fights for Amir Khan much closer. This deal isn’t a deal to do the Khan-Brook fight but lets be real here, this is a fight we’ve wanted this fight for ages, this is a fight the British public have wanted for ages and it’s top of the agenda to discuss for the back end of 2018.”

https://www.boxingnewsandviews.com/2...ns-kell-brook/

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AMIR KHAN RETURNS! Full press conference & exclusive interviews with Amir & Eddie Hearn!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’d actually be supporting Khan against Broner.

Hope he has Dennis Wise in his corner that would be ace
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Makes me fucking chuckle them mentioning Pac, Porter, Garcia, Brook,Spence as possible opponents.
    If he can actually make WW , or even a catch weight, his opponent will be either:
    a. Frankie Gavin
    b. Sam Eggington or if they feel really ballsy () or
    c. The French guy that beat Eggington for the European title. He's fighting a guy the IBO Strap next week. What's the bets Khan fights the winner and goes down the Eubank Jr. route of being a "World Champion."
    I get the feeling that Brook/Khan will get blown out of the water because one or both of them will lose before they marinate it enough.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is set to be the biggest exposure for Khan since he was wrestling with the Bald champ via social media viewed by some tart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan just wants to be in front of a glaring camera no matter if he's being sparked for high dollars by a marquee ginger, playing house on reality tv or again talking about fighting..in front of a camera.. more than he's actually fighting. I cannot see 3 fights in 12 months, no way no how.

he has really short changed himself last few years trying to take short cuts.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hearn is putting the Khan fight on the same night as Frampton v Donaire.
    Warren sounds happy 😂
    It's shit for us fans though.

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/fran...ir-khan-clash/

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is why Eddie Hearn is an utter and complete cunt. Wankers.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a shitty thing to do to us fans and blatantly "getting on over on Warren"
    I don't think Khans fight is PPV either... it can't be surely so will be on Sky Sports 1 and will slaughter the Frampton fight for viewing figures easily.
    Even non boxing fans will tune in on the strength of Amir coming across really well on I'm a Celebrity.
    Hearn will probably have him dressed up as a fucking strawberry for the ringwalk 😂
    If I was Warren and if it's possible I'd try and set the Frampton v Donaire start time for as late as possible.
    Or BT Sport/Boxnation should use their brains and offer it up as a one off free to air and see how Hearn and Sky like that 😎

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    I don't think Khans fight is PPV either... it can't be surely so will be on Sky Sports 1 and will slaughter the Frampton fight for viewing figures easily.
    Even non boxing fans will tune in on the strength of Amir coming across really well on I'm a Celebrity.
    Hearn will probably have him dressed up as a fucking strawberry for the ringwalk 😂
    If I was Warren and if it's possible I'd try and set the Frampton v Donaire start time for as late as possible.
    Or BT Sport/Boxnation should use their brains and offer it up as a one off free to air and see how Hearn and Sky like that 😎
    I can't remember whether the Frampton/Donaire fight is on BT Sport as well as Box Nation. If it is, Hearn might be shooting himself in the foot. What would most people want to watch?
    1. 2 currently World ranked ex World fighters of the year in a packed out Belfast. Or....
    2. An ex World champion from years back who got an Olympic Siver medal 14 YEARS AGO, who hasn't fought a relevant fight for Donkey's years, versus a gimme? And furthermore, Khan WILL NOT SELL OUT whatever arena he's fighting in. He doesn't have a big fan base.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 01-12-2018 at 01:43 PM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Hearn will probably have him dressed up as a fucking strawberry for the ringwalk ������
    Or BT Sport/Boxnation should use their brains and offer it up as a one off free to air and see how Hearn and Sky like that ������
    I can't remember whether the Frampton/Donaire fight is on BT Sport as well as Box Nation. If it , Hearn might be shooting himself in the foot. What would most people want to watch?
    1. 2 currently World ranked ex World fighters of the year in a packed out Belfast. Or....
    2. An ex World champion from years back who got an Olympic Siver medal 14 YEARS AGO, who hasn't fought a relevant fight for Donkey's years, versus a gimme? And furthermore, Khan WILL NOT SELL OUT whatever arena he's fighting in. He doesn't have a big fan base.

He just starred and did very well on a Prime Time UK reality tv show that was watched by around 10 Million people

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know I sound like a real hater, but when you say "he did very well" , did he, really?
    I watched it every night, (did a rbr on one of the non boxing forums) and he got made to look like
    1. a scaredy cat pussy, who said "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here" in the bush tucker trial- CARDINAL SIN!!!!
    2. Looked like a slimy fucker who didn't give a fuck for his starving camp mates especially the women who were knackered and starving when he ate the Strawberries
    3. Didn't have the guts to own up to the above and blamed somebody else!
    4. Was also accused of Bullying along with the Vardy slag, Dennis Wise and that Hollyoaks no mark Jamie.
    So I'm not sure it was quite the successful marketing campaign he thought it would be.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I know I sound like a real hater, but when you say "he did very well" , did he, really?
    I watched it every night, (did a rbr on one of the non boxing forums) and he got made to look like
    1. a scaredy cat pussy, who said "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here" in the bush tucker trial- CARDINAL SIN!!!!
    2. Looked like a slimy fucker who didn't give a fuck for his starving camp mates especially the women who were knackered and starving when he ate the Strawberries
    3. Didn't have the guts to own up to the above and blamed somebody else!
    4. Was also accused of Bullying along with the Vardy slag, Dennis Wise and that Hollyoaks no mark Jamie.
    So I'm not sure it was quite the successful marketing campaign he thought it would be.

It definitely done him a HUGE favour in getting his name back in people in the UKs minds 100% no question about it.
    And love him or hate him he's been in some brilliant fights and rarely a dull fight.
    People will tune in just to see him get smashed

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This was one of my favourite fights of recent ish years

Thread Information