Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I've been to 5 African countries: trust me, they're shitholes

Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, Eritrea and Ethiopia.......

Everybody knows it but people are too chicken to say except for Donald Trump. Those countries are absolute cesspools.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I've been to 5 African countries: trust me, they're shitholes

They probably did not think much of you either.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They probably thought 'He is nothing more than a pale imitation'.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wonder what Africa would have looked like if 25 million of their people and r resources were not taken away. Would we having been going over there to get jobs and become citizens?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I wonder what Africa would have looked like if 25 million of their people and r resources were not taken away. Would we having been going over there to get jobs and become citizens?
    That is a ridiculous point. Also if they did not think very highly of me that's perfectly okay with me. I am not trying to immigrate to Malawi or Mozambique or Sudan or Nigeria okay?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    That is a ridiculous point. Also if they did not think very highly of me that's perfectly okay with me. I am not trying to immigrate to Malawi or Mozambique or Sudan or Nigeria okay?
    My point is valid.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everybody knows it but people are too chicken to say except for Donald Trump. Those countries are absolute cesspools.
    So if Africa is a sh*thole then why did they have to fight white supremacists Euro's to get out of there ?

Why all the trouble in South Africa and black people taken there land back ? Why the global outcry ? If according to you that it's sh*hole.

Why the hatred towards Mugabe in Zimbabwe when he was trying to take the land back ? If according to you, that it's a sh*hole.

Why the Mandelas ? Steve Bikos ? Kwame Knrumah ? Why did they give there lives for African independence and fight against white colonial rule if it's (as you say) as sh*thole ?

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DenilsonTheReturn View Post

So if Africa is a sh*thole then why did they have to fight white supremacists Euro's to get out of there ?

Why all the trouble in South Africa and black people taken there land back ? Why the global outcry ? If according to you that it's sh*hole.

Why the hatred towards Mugabe in Zimbabwe when he was trying to take the land back ? If according to you, that it's a sh*hole.

Why the Mandelas ? Steve Bikos ? Kwame Knrumah ? Why did they give there lives for African independence and fight against white colonial rule if it's (as you say) as sh*thole ?
    they fought for power and money of course big D, next question

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

So what are you saying ?

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So what are you saying ?
    I answered your question straight out, you asked why they fought, i told u, what else can I say

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So what are you saying ?
    I answered your question straight out, you asked why they fought, i told u, what else can I say
    So what makes you say that Mandela, Steve Biko and Kwame Nkrumah fought for power and money ?

El Kabong Guest

A lot of empires left Africa willingly...England bid adieu to South Africa due to the burden of the Crimean War. The Brits won South Africa (which wasn't a nation until it was made a nation) from the Dutch who wanted a route for spices.

Africa has a lot of valuable natural resources.....but the governments who rule there are inept, brutal, and for whatever reason unable to accomplish the very basics....but yes I know, I know, Africa was the greatest bestest most wonderful ever place and there were libraries and wonderful things....where is this stuff now? Where's the technology? Where's the economic success? Where are the brilliant African leaders? All I see are despots....idiot despots at that. Mugabe said he was taking the land from the white farmers and then OMG a food shortage happened (HOW THE HELL?!?!?! But you just took the land from the white folks and food fell from the sky like manna for them!!!!) and so he begged to have them come back. This idiot in South Africa is going to do the very same, kill the Boer farmers who have farmed the land and provided food for HUNDREDS of years and what do you figure will happen? OOOOH I know, there will be flying cars and it'll be all like Wakanda and everything.

Africa is still being colonized only more these days by Russia and China.

2 African nations have not suffered colonization: Ethiopia which was colonized by Italy for a couple of years (like from 1936 to 1941, hardly a generation) and Liberia which was land bought by the United States and given to freed slaves who of course in turn started up a caste system because why not? ....and the amount of aid given to Liberia from the United States, my God.....but again I don't expect them to be leading the way in production or tourism or nonviolence or cracking down on corruption or you know anything good or positive in general anytime soon.

El Kabong Guest

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    The Brits won South Africa (which wasn't a nation until it was made a nation) from the Dutch who wanted a route for spices.
    I know you like history Lyle ........

There were Dutch settlers in South Africa, but they were not backed by or part of the Dutch State. A minority were traders from the Dutch East Indies company, but they were very few in numbers.

The majority of Dutch were farmers, fleeing religious persecution in Holland. Independent minded, tough and resourceful. Very similar to the first US settlers I imagine.

These settlers, or Voortrekkers, migrated independently and eventually made (and broke) several treaties with the powerful and dominant Zulu who allowed them to settle in Zulu territory.

Some of them set up a small independent enclave called the Orange Free State. There was some conflict, but the Zulu were much too powerful for the settlers to properly subjugate or conquer, and the Zulu - who could have easily wiped them out - were content for the Boers to peacefully stay there as long as they paid annual tribute to the Zulu.

Descendants of these Dutch trekkers evolved into today's Boer Afrikaners, and their language is still similar to Dutch and Flemish

The British came along later, firstly as settlers too, but later as representatives of Victoria's State.

They decided they wanted to annex the whole territory so they firstly constricted the Boers economically until the Free State reluctantly accepted British dominion.

They then invented cause for a war with the Zulu, which king Cetshwayo did not want. Despite the famous defeat at Isandhlwana, they eventually defeated the Zulu at Ulundi and created a new 'South Africa' under British rule.

Later, the Dutch rebelled in the Boer Wars, where the British invented concentration camps. The Zulu also rebelled and were pacified by being granted large autonomies within Zululand and a guarantee that their monarchy would be protected. Those guarantees still exist in today's South Africa.

Zimbabwe, which was next door, is a whole different story ..... Mzilikazi, the renegade Zulu general who founded the Matabele Kingdom, the Shona Wars, Cecil Rhodes and the East India Company, revolution and civil war, a blossoming during and after independence, and then a descent into corruption, dictatorship and poverty.

Fascinating histories.

If anybody is interested; search for the book "The Washing of the Spears"
    Last edited by X; 05-23-2018 at 06:15 AM.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information