Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What is #MeToo? Boxer Floyd Mayweather Doesn't Know

Raise your hand if you’ve wondered what boxer Floyd Mayweather has to say about the #MeToo movement. Anyone? Anyone at all? Oh, there’s one—Men’s Health! The magazine got Mayweather to open about the social media campaign on Wednesday, and it went about as well as you’d expect.

At a press event for Mayweather’s new VR experience, Mayweather Boxing + Fitness, reporter Jordyn Taylor asked how men can grow in 2018, “in light of the #MeToo movement.” Mayweather was at first confused by by the question, but after Taylor explained it had to do with “women speaking out about sexual assault,” he delivered an answer that was pure Floyd.

“When you say ‘me too’ ... When somebody is like, ‘I got a Rolls Royce, I be like ‘me too.’” Mayweather said. “When somebody say they got a private jet, I say, ‘Me too. I got two. Me too.’”

Cool.

Taylor gamely tried to explain that what she’s asking about—women responding to systemic sexual harassment and misconduct by sharing their stories of being harassed or manhandled—is way different than comparing the contents of your garage to your wealthy buddies. And Floyd, well, he kept on being Floyd.

“Well, I didn't know! My Me Too movement from the beginning was whenever somebody said what they have I'm like, ‘me too,’” he said. “Somebody say they got a billion dollars, I say, ‘I made a billion dollars, me too.’”

In case you missed it, Mayweather broke the billion-dollar mark after his 2017 fight with UFC star Conor McGregor. But hey, a #MeToo conversation is as good a time as any to bring it up.

Trying to salvage the conversation, Taylor pivoted to asking Mayweather—a boxer with a 50-0 record who also has a history of domestic violence—about his sensitive side. That gave him one last chance to address #MeToo, and he took it. Sort of?

“I think everyone, if you're in an uncomfortable position, you have to pray about it, you know, talk about it,” he said, “and I think that, you know, sexual harassment, I don't think it's cool at all.”

Except, he had a different take on harassment when it involved Donald Trump. Ahead of his bout with McGregor, Mayweather gave a wide-ranging interview to Hollywood Unlocked. And naturally the subject of Trump came up—specifically the Access Hollywood “grab ‘em by the pussy” tape.

When the clip was released in October 2016, Trump tweeted that his remarks, which some construed as evidence that he has sexually assaulted women, were “locker room talk.” Many of his surrogates and supporters pushed that defense in the days after the tape went public.

As we know, Trump was nevertheless elected president, and one of his Trump Tower callers was Mayweather. When Hollywood Unlocked asked him about the visit, and the tape, he sang a familiar tune.

“He speak like a real man spoke,” he said. “Real men speak like, ‘Man, she had a fat ass. You see her ass? I had to squeeze her ass. I had to grab that fat ass.’ Right? So he talking locker room talk. Locker room talk. ‘I’m the man, you know what I’m saying? You know who I am. Yeah, I grabbed her by the pussy. And?'”

And you’re wrong. Real men don’t talk like that.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What is #MeToo? Boxer Floyd Mayweather Doesn't Know

First of all freedom of speech so if Mayweather wants to talk like that or if Trump wants to talk like that they're perfectly free to do so and I would never in a million years take away a person's right to free speech unless it involves threatening to kill someone and naming that person or that nationality of people. You cannot threaten to kill.

But besides threatening to kill everyone then has freedom of speech to refer to anybody using any kind of analogy or metaphor or simile that they choose. Floyd Mayweather is perfectly in his right to say whatever he said and express his personal opinion and so is Donald Trump and so is anybody else in this world.

Now I know in certain countries you can get locked up and arrested for using certain kinds of adjectives or certain kinds of racial slurs. Well I don't support those countries in the way in which they handle that situation.

I think Floyd Mayweather also thinks about money too much.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just had to google #metoo if someone would have asked me what my thoughts were on #metoo then my answer would have probably been a lot more cringeworthy than Floyds to be honest.

He's a boxer, who gives a fuck what his thoughts on Hollywood raping women? I for one couldn't give to short sharp shiny shits what his opinion on it is, now if he said he was coming out of retirement to fight Terrance Crawford or someone P4P challenger then I'd be hanging on every word, as it is I don't give a fuck.

And as for Donald Trumps grab her by the pussy...are people on here really bothered by it? just today I was talking to someone about a bird in the office and I said I'd leave her looking like a plasterers radio, they replied that if they got their hands on her then she would be limping for a week, who gives a fuck, neither of us went up and grabbed her by the pussy but we certainly discussed it, he is absolutely right, its locker room talk and women are just as bad as men for it.

Fuck it, I applaud Trump for grabbing the world by the Pussy, I hope he has a right good feel of it.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I just had to google #metoo if someone would have asked me what my thoughts were on #metoo then my answer would have probably been a lot more cringeworthy than Floyds to be honest.

He's a boxer, who gives a fuck what his thoughts on Hollywood raping women? I for one couldn't give to short sharp shiny shits what his opinion on it is, now if he said he was coming out of retirement to fight Terrance Crawford or someone P4P challenger then I'd be hanging on every word, as it is I don't give a fuck.

And as for Donald Trumps grab her by the pussy...are people on here really bothered by it? just today I was talking to someone about a bird in the office and I said I'd leave her looking like a plasterers radio, they replied that if they got their hands on her then she would be limping for a week, who gives a fuck, neither of us went up and grabbed her by the pussy but we certainly discussed it, he is absolutely right, its locker room talk and women are just as bad as men for it.

Fuck it, I applaud Trump for grabbing the world by the Pussy, I hope he has a right good feel of it.
    goddam fucking right bro

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The world has become so dumbed down with this Twitter and # nonsense. It has turned everyone into an offended victim and frankly I find it quite boring.

Fooking Facebook and Twitter. Everyone is on that shite and it is pathetic.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is a big difference from saying it and doing it. Trump has been accused by plenty of women and has probably paid them to stay quiet.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    There is a big difference from saying it and doing it. Trump has been accused by plenty of women and has probably paid them to stay quiet.
    There is a big difference between being accused of it and being convicted of it in a court of law. Once you leave that you can make somebody guilty without having a proper trial

Thread Information