Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: James DeGale To Trigger Rematch Clause With Caleb Truax

Interesting rematch and in a way much more deserved for Truax. Both could very well skyrocket off current path, though it's easier to see DeGale slow burn out and take similar wider loss than it is to see Truax transform into a more polished world beating product. He is what he is and it was enough. Any chance whatsoever Truax comes in over amped up like a lottery winner who gets overwhelmed in spotlight? I don't see it he comes off as very well grounded and down to Earth. Just don't think DeGale turns back the clock at this point.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    DeGale has never impressed me. He could have arguably lost to Dirrell, Medina and Jack. Although I had him winning the first 2, struggling with Medina was not a good look. 2 fights later and Truax got it done.
    That is a bit harsh on DeGale because he beat Dirrell and Bute on their on turf and knocked down Jack which not many people do. DeGale has had injuries in his career which have resulted in poor performances at times but he was in the form of his life during those fights.

A bit of rest and recuperation he could well be back in the mix by out boxing Traux. In time for the winner of the competition.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    DeGale has never impressed me. He could have arguably lost to Dirrell, Medina and Jack. Although I had him winning the first 2, struggling with Medina was not a good look. 2 fights later and Truax got it done.
    That is a bit harsh on DeGale because he beat Dirrell and Bute on their on turf and knocked down Jack which not many people do. DeGale has had injuries in his career which have resulted in poor performances at times but he was in the form of his life during those fights.

A bit of rest and recuperation he could well be back in the mix by out boxing Traux. In time for the winner of the competition.
    Might have knocked down Jack but Jack beat the hell out of him

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice and caring post.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

Might have knocked down Jack but Jack beat the hell out of him
    Only that particular round.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

Nice and caring post.
    Just being fair.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

Nice and caring post.
    Just being fair.
    I was the one being fair.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information