Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hatton, Malignaggi and Crolla launch ULTIMATE BOXXER, eight-man tournament 28/4/18

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hatton, Malignaggi and Crolla launch ULTIMATE BOXXER, eight-man tournament 28/4/18

The elimination tournament format, approved by the British Boxing Board of Control, is a unique, fast-paced concept for professional boxing. Each event has an initial eight fighters, who compete in four quarter-finals of 3 x 3-minute rounds followed by two semi-finals and one final, with the winner becoming tournament champion for their weight class.

As an independent sports entertainment organisation, the directors have created a transparent brand that focuses on providing an equal platform for fighters. BBBoC license-holders and promotors for ULTIMATE BOXXER include Carl Greaves, Jalal Kamani, Executive Director, and, Benjamin Shalom, founder & Managing Director.

ULTIMATE BOXXER was founded to provide a transformed boxing experience through their online power & flexibility. The product is designed to suit all boxing fans as well as those hooked on entertainment, event and celebrity experiences to catapult boxing in the 21st century.

‘ULTIMATE BOXXER 1’ will take place on Saturday 28th April at EventCity in Manchester with 8 undefeated WELTERWEIGHT fighters from around the United Kingdom.

Events will be a seated intimate experience with tickets are expected to sell-out. Tickets will go on pre-sale on the 19th February for the event launch, for those that have signed up at www.ultimateboxxer.com

ULTIMATE BOXXER is the emergence of the 21st century using leading digital brands to provide a transformed boxing experience for the next generation. ULTIMATE BOXXER will use cutting edge social media and internet broadcasting to appeal to mainstream and non-boxing purists. A major partner of the event is UNILAD, the largest Facebook page in the world who will broadcast the events to millions of people.

Ricky Hatton, Former three-time Light Welterweight & Welterweight Champion of the World, and ULTIMATE BOXXER ambassador, said:

“There is a huge amount of talented British fighters who do not get, or cannot get, the mainstream exposure they deserve. In boxing you have to wait for a lucky break and ULTIMATE BOXXER will give them the opportunity for exposure and to show everyone what they are about. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened in ULTIMATE BOXXER could have done for my career when I was making my way through in the early days.”

Paulie Malignaggi, Former Two-Weight World Champion, and ULTIMATE BOXXER, Non-Executive Director, said:

“ULTIMATE BOXXER will provide a golden opportunity for unbeaten fighters to test themselves on the big stage regardless of background, trainer or promotional contract. We see this as the future of boxing promotion, and the solution of how we take the sport of boxing to the British public interest. With credible, competitive bouts each fight and a truly modern age experience to build stronger connections with fans in venue and at home.

“ULTIMATE BOXXER offers something new, exciting and different to the fight game landscape. The boxers involved are hungry and determined to take a risk in their careers due to lack of opportunity; ULTIMATE BOXXER will enable them to test themselves against rival boxers in the same position and give them an opportunity to towards their ultimate goal of becoming a tournament champion or to open other opportunities that may not have been available to them before.”

Benjamin Shalom, Founder and Managing Director, ULTIMATE BOXXER, said

“ULTIMATE BOXXER is a completely unique brand designed to offer something necessary for fighters by providing a platform to help with recognition of talent. We aim to provide a transparent and independent platform for boxers who aren’t getting the fights they need and deserve to take it to the next level.

“ULTIMATE BOXXER is more than a boxing brand, representing 21st century culture we aim to create an amazing spectacle to engage with multiple audiences. With casual fans only engaged a handful of times per year our entertainment experience and online power allows us to create something special for the consumer and importantly solve current restrictions for fighters in British Boxing. A cutting edge experience.”

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton, Malignaggi and Crolla launch ULTIMATE BOXXER, eight-man tournament 28/4/1

Sounds like a very interesting concept. Anymore info on how it will affect rankings and what the BBBOC etc think about it?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton, Malignaggi and Crolla launch ULTIMATE BOXXER, eight-man tournament 28/4/1

If they can get some good named fighters on it then it will add credibility to the tournament. It sounds very appealing in theory.

Wonder what channel it will be on?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only thing I don't like about these types of formats is the 3 rounders. Can't they fight 4, 6 or 8 rounders? Look at what the WBSS is doing, take note. That's how it's done.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do not watch the WBSS, is that because the fighters are not huge names.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Are you asking yourself a question?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    No asking Alpha?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No asking Alpha?
    And you had the audacity to pick on PK for his posts, yours are just as nonsensical.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    No asking Alpha?
    And you had the audacity to pick on PK for his posts, yours are just as nonsensical.
    Did you watch the fight Saturday night?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No it's because your a casual.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's Prizefighter without Eddie and Sky (guess they don't intend to bring that back).

Probably cost more to hire Hatton, Paulie and Crolla to promote it than the 8 fighters will make altogether.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it's mainly unknown Welterweights... I've never heard of any of them after watching a YouTube video interviewing some guy I've also never heard of.😂
    only 50k prize money spread over entire competition (winner gets 16k)
    All looks a bit shit really.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    It's Prizefighter without Eddie and Sky (guess they don't intend to bring that back).

Probably cost more to hire Hatton, Paulie and Crolla to promote it than the 8 fighters will make altogether.

I think you could well be right, I thought slavery had been abolished?

Thread Information