Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  1

Thread: So, I've just been sent home from work....

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default So, I've just been sent home from work....

I've been struggling a hell of a lot just lately, money is tight, I got offered a new job which was on a lot more money than I earn now only for them to withdraw the offer the day before I was due to hand my notice in so that pissed me right off.

Work has been terrible, the amount that they pile up on us is crazy and I have been hit twice as bad as everyone else.

Every day I am missing court dates, I am getting litigation in on a daily basis, I'm missing deadlines, I'm basically working 100% non stop on new claims the entire time that I am there and I'm not getting the chance to look at my existing work.

Last month I cancelled a week off work because I was actually too stressed to take any time off, I flagged this up with the management and their solution was to spend more time in the office unpaid.

Its got to the point where I am not sleeping properly because I'm worried about work, I have started to hate weekends because I spend the whole time with work on my mind.

Today I hit the breaking point, I just froze at my desk, I couldn't move, I told my gaffa I needed to have a talk and basically unloaded on her, she knows just how much they have been piling onto me and I've gotta be honest it felt fucking good, she called someone in from HR who had a chat with me and told me that we would get everything sorted on Monday and not to worry about anything, it really feels like its a weight off my mind.

I never ever thought that I would get to the point that work would break me, I'm not the only one, I know of 5 other people who are at the same point as me at the moment and one person who hasn't been in the office since November because of work related stress.

I'm sitting down now with a nice large glass of rum and I feel like the weight of the fucking world has been lifted off my shoulders, this morning I actually felt like I was going to have a full on nervous breakdown, I'm kind of looking forward to getting into work on Monday now with a fresh outlook knowing that I am going to get a bit of help to get my work in order again.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: So, I've just been sent home from work....

You should have told them earlier if it was that bad.

Work hate being taken to employment tribunal for causing stress. Glad you told them, just mention stress to them on Monday and they will have to try and look after you a bit better.

I had to take on a staff member that had been off sick for a while and she had hundreds of emails. I clicked them all and deleted them for her. The relief on her face was good to see.

I had another staff who was wobbling all over the place and I sent her home and told her to have a good weekend.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Work hate being taken to employment tribunal for causing stress. Glad you told them, just mention stress to them on Monday and they will have to try and look after you a bit better.

I had to take on a staff member that had been off sick for a while and she had hundreds of emails. I clicked them all and deleted them for her. The relief on her face was good to see.

I had another staff who was wobbling all over the place and I sent her home and told her to have a good weekend.
    I thought you were a taxi driver ?
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

I thought you were a taxi driver ?
    Better than being a toilet cleaner.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I did tell them and they just kind of let it rumble on, I think that my team leader saw that I was pretty much at breaking point today and I think she knows that I would be liable to do something pretty fucking stupid, I'd probably end up chinning someone or putting my fist through my computer screen or something.

I think I have managed to catch it early enough on to get over it pretty quickly, like I say I already feel better for it.

It just feels strange because in my 32 years on this planet I have never got to this point, it takes a lot to stress me out, yeah I can get pissed off pretty easily and I can complain and whinge like a mother fucker but I'm one of those people who is only happy when they are miserable (in a good sort of way) but this feels completely alien to me.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Batman good you unloaded like that bro. You cannot keep that stuff inside for so long next time. Tell them earlier. They're taking advantage of you. What kind of absolute b******* is that unpaid time at work? That is against the law. Every minute you are there you are legally entitled to get paid for. There's no such thing as unpaid time at work. Don't let them pull a fast one on you. Good that you spoke up. Keep speaking up.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good for u batman. Work isn't always supposed to always be pleasant but you shouldn't be miserable everyday. Enjoy ur cocktails this weekend, I do hope they follow through on Monday

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey, take care bud . Don't let it get so bad that you're getting stressed, it ain't worth it. try to keep a clear head and do what you can do. And make sure they follow up with their promises.
    As long as you can look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself that you have done an honest days work, then you have no other fucker to answer to really .
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Batman I have to relate something similar. We had a three hundred pound motor that hangs about twenty feet in the air and was surrounded by conduit and a catwalk giving almost no access to it. I've changed plenty of motors but this one was a monster. It's really a four person job but it was up to me and my coworker. I tried asking my boss for a little guidance which is something I never do. He gave me a completely unrealistic way to remove and install it. Well in the end me and my coworker got it done, of course not the way my boss told us as it was impossible. Frickin boss didn't even walk out to look at the motor. Anyway, sometimes bosses are idiots and don't know what they r doing

Thread Information