Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Eubank JR next move..

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Eubank-GGG would be a tremendous fight, it's purely about styles.

Eubank can't deal with world-class slickster/movers/thinkers, it doesn't mean he can't beat world-class pressure fighters. For all the deserved shit his dad gets, he picked the right fights to suit his style, unfortunately though, the process created a one-dimensional hardman with zero boxing brain and no plan b.

Jr could beat current belt holders at 168 and beat current world-class middleweights.
    Don't entirely agree with most of that , but it's neither here nor there . Team Eubank have dug themselves a Massive hole. Not only do they have to convince the public about their credibility, Their choice to not deal with a promoter means they have nobody fighting their corner.
    Snr. as we all know , is an arrogant stubborn fucking idiot, who is impossible for promoters to deal with , simply because his opinion of Jnr's Value is seriously different to all the promoters.
    Warren - has stated that they're impossible to deal with and will never deal with them again.
    Hearn - would deal with anyone, business is business, even if they hate his guts or vice versa. But Hearn won't give money away. Snr. will feel he's getting ripped off , yadda , yadda and Groundhog day continues.
    Hennessy - makes no difference whether they'll deal with each other or not tbf.
    Sauerland - maybe, but they're not gonna be able to rebuild his profile over here.
    American Promoters - Jnr. is irrelevant over there. And they wouldn't put up with him bowling over a few bums and proclaiming himself to be the next Floyd!
    So like I said, it's not about who he could beat and not beat, he's gonna have to go to the back of the line unless he accepts shit money . And Snr. DOES NOT ACCEPT SHIT MONEY. Snr. isn't going to back off, because he has no other means of income. All in all, they've fucked up big time in and out of the ring.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Eubank can't deal with world-class slickster/movers/thinkers, it doesn't mean he can't beat world-class pressure fighters. For all the deserved shit his dad gets, he picked the right fights to suit his style, unfortunately though, the process created a one-dimensional hardman with zero boxing brain and no plan b.

Jr could beat current belt holders at 168 and beat current world-class middleweights.
    GGG is not just a pressure fighter, he has the skills to pick Junior off and take him apart when he has to.

GGG's jab alone would cause Eubank to stay away and fight at distance.
    Who said GGG is just a pressure fighter? He doesn't use his jab to keep fighters at bay, he uses it to initiate his own attack.

Jr's strengths are up close where he can launch his combos/uppercut and use his strength/fitness. Monroe, Murray, Ouma, Brook, etc have all had success letting their hands go on the inside against Golovkin.

Not saying Jr will win, but it would be a tremendous spectacle whilst it lasted, far more competitive than the weekend.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Don't entirely agree with most of that , but it's neither here nor there . Team Eubank have dug themselves a Massive hole. Not only do they have to convince the public about their credibility, Their choice to not deal with a promoter means they have nobody fighting their corner.
    Snr. as we all know , is an arrogant stubborn fucking idiot, who is impossible for promoters to deal with , simply because his opinion of Jnr's Value is seriously different to all the promoters.
    Warren - has stated that they're impossible to deal with and will never deal with them again.
    Hearn - would deal with anyone, business is business, even if they hate his guts or vice versa. But Hearn won't give money away. Snr. will feel he's getting ripped off , yadda , yadda and Groundhog day continues.
    Sauerland - maybe, but they're not gonna be able to rebuild his profile over here.
    American Promoters - Jnr. is irrelevant over there. And they wouldn't put up with him bowling over a few bums and proclaiming himself to be the next Floyd!
    So like I said, it's not about who he could beat and not beat, he's gonna have to go to the back of the line unless he accepts shit money . And Snr. DOES NOT ACCEPT SHIT MONEY. Snr. isn't going to back off, because he has no other means of income. All in all, they've fucked up big time in and out of the ring.
    I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that to happen. Promoters will be tripping over themselves to sign a fighter that became a PPV star without them.

Why did you buy the fight the weekend?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    How much interest will there be in Jr's next fight?

The boxing fans have decided that Saturday night was more than enough evidence that he isn't in the elite, will they be able to drum up the same sort of interest from the casual fan next time?
    Junior will want to fight in the final if Groves pulls out, his second hope is that he gets a shot at Truax, third hope is one of the other champs offers him a fight.

All hope and not real options.

All look unlikely.
    I was talking about getting interest from the public though, there was a level of curiosity in the Groves fight as to how good Jr actually was which helped sell the fight.

How many people will pay £18 to watch him in the final when they fully expect him to get beat?

How many casual fans will be interested in him fighting Truax when they have no idea who he is?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How much interest will there be in Jr's next fight?

The boxing fans have decided that Saturday night was more than enough evidence that he isn't in the elite, will they be able to drum up the same sort of interest from the casual fan next time?
    Junior will want to fight in the final if Groves pulls out, his second hope is that he gets a shot at Truax, third hope is one of the other champs offers him a fight.

All hope and not real options.

All look unlikely.
    I was talking about getting interest from the public though, there was a level of curiosity in the Groves fight as to how good Jr actually was which helped sell the fight.

How many people will pay £18 to watch him in the final when they fully expect him to get beat?

How many casual fans will be interested in him fighting Truax when they have no idea who he is?
    Is Junior tied to ITV and the PPV format? Or if he is knocked out he is free to do what he likes?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that to happen. Promoters will be tripping over themselves to sign a fighter that became a PPV star without them.

Why did you buy the fight the weekend?
    1. Promoters would sign him , as I stated ON THEIR TERMS. It's Senior that won't sign with them because he wants silly money.
    2. Is Eubank Jr. a PPV Star? Really? If you think that, then you have very low standards on what you think a PPV Star is.
    3. I bought the fight to watch Groves, and as hoped watch him school and destroy this fucking myth. I have paid for all Groves's PPV's . I like the way he boxes and I like the interest he generates . I think he's good value for money , but whether he's a "PPV Star", I'll leave for others to decide. I WOULD NOT PAY 2 PENCE TO WATCH EUBANK! He just happened to be fighting Groves.
    The thing is about Hype and Proclaiming yourself as the next Messiah, that somewhere along the line , you have to step up to the plate and deliver. And when he had his opportunity TWICE he has failed miserably and been sussed out.
    People then start to get bored with you. And because he isn't tied to a Promoter , who is going to market you and raise your profile again to give you another shot? oh yeah, DADDY! not working is it?
    I'm gonna finish by giving Jnr. some credit. He has great conditioning, stamina and seems to have a very good chin and considering he's a NOVICE, and that is exactly what he is technically, he has done remarkably well to get a World Title shot and last 12 rounds with a World level guy.
    Any time this guy gets in the ring with a decent "Boxer", he will lose. It's not about starting to get going too late , it's about being able to adapt technically mid fight to situations. That is where a good trainer is invaluable. Oh, I forgot , he doesn't need one of them!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Degale is fighting Truax in the rematch so JR won't get the Truax fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank didn't do too bad without a "promoter," he just finished his 4th ITV PPV on the bounce in a packed out MEN arena, no Eddie or Frank in sight. So if no-one wants to sign him, or will touch his old man, I suppose they can carry on doing what they're doing, working with other promoters in conjunction with putting on their own shows (I wouldn't feel too sorry for them, doubt they'll starve).

I don't think Jr is a boxing star I know it. It's not determined by the opinion of random individuals with biases, it's about what numbers are generated en masse. There's only two bigger crossover stars in the UK - AJ and Haye. Now what happens from here is yet to be determined.
    Last edited by Fenster; 02-20-2018 at 06:30 PM.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's definitely enough there for Eubank to build on, the issue is will he allow himself to be taught? I think there are some great domestic level fights for him to get some confidence back and learn a bit more on the job. He wants/ thinks he's at a level that he hasn't reached yet, if he jumps back in at that level as is, it'll be another humbling experience. If he rebuilds I feel he can still be competitive.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    There's definitely enough there for Eubank to build on, the issue is will he allow himself to be taught? I think there are some great domestic level fights for him to get some confidence back and learn a bit more on the job. He wants/ thinks he's at a level that he hasn't reached yet, if he jumps back in at that level as is, it'll be another humbling experience. If he rebuilds I feel he can still be competitive.
    yep................but he won't.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank didn't do too bad without a "promoter," he just finished his 4th ITV PPV on the bounce in a packed out MEN arena, no Eddie or Frank in sight. So if no-one wants to sign him, or will touch his old man, I suppose they can carry on doing what they're doing, working with other promoters in conjunction with putting on their own shows (I wouldn't feel too sorry for them, doubt they'll starve).

I don't think Jr is a boxing star I know it. It's not determined by the opinion of random individuals with biases, it's about what numbers are generated en masse. There's only two bigger crossover stars in the UK - AJ and Haye. Now what happens from here is yet to be determined.
    If I didn't know you better , and know that you're knowledge overall is far greater than mine, I would think you're trolling! if you seriously believe what you're writing, I'm stunned.
    4th ITV PPV - the first 3 probably had an aggregate click total of about 20,000 people tops! the 4th one and the fact that the MEN Arena was "Packed out" are down to Groves, Pure and simple. He fucking sold out Wembley ffs! And Froch freely admits it wasn't possible without Groves and that it was mainly because of him.
    Working with other promoters - Who? You're talking about a guy who turned down a rematch with BJS for £1M to fight for a British title for £120k. The same guy turned down over £3M to fight GGG to fight for another £100k. wake up and smell the coffee man!
    Crossover Star - What the fuck does that mean? if you mean "can get on the front and back pages of the papers and get on Good Morning TV," then Khan knocks him into a paper bag and that's worked well over the years hasn't it?
    to become this "Crossover star" that you continually drool about, you have to take care of business in the fucking ring first. And in the ring , he has proved himself to be a Novice with lots of "potential" (at 28 ) but limited technical skill , end of.
    besides, there are loads of guys that are bigger crossover stars than him (for what it's worth.) Bellew, Fury, Frampton, Even Groves!
    the 2 you mentioned (Haye & AJ) have both been WORLD CHAMPIONS , please don't embarrass yourself by countering that with the IBO!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mate it's not trolling for people to tell the truth and offer reality, you can believe whatever you want. You HATE the Eubanks with a passion, to me they're merely boxing people, I have no feelings for them either way. If they do something good I acknowledge it, something bad I acknowledge it. That's it. Why would I possibly bring up the IBO? What am I meant to be defending?

So Groves sold all the tickets and PPV.

Groves sold the Froch fight too.

Eubank's other fights were all embarrassing failures.

Eubank has just had two fights with Sauerland (second biggest outfit in Europe behind Matchroom) and two fights on their own (with Richard Poxon who used to run Hatton's firm) but nobody will ever work with them again.

He's not a crossover star.

Fair enough believe whatever you want.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes , above all correct. I don't HATE the Eubanks. what I hate is when people earn disproportionate amounts of money for the ability they possess and what they have achieved. The reason I hate it , is because for every guy in that bracket , there are hundreds of other guys that are better and earn peanuts. It's not just Eubank that I feel this way about , there are many, many others, like Bellew ,Khan , McGregor , Whyte , Chisora and I could name many others .
    but on the other side of it, you get guys that are slogging their guts out and getting shit money , just because the Hype machine hasn't whipped them up to be the next Messiah! and the reason it happens? is because people are fucking stupid enough to buy into it and believe without seeing with their very own eyes the limitations they possess.
    And that is why I said , that anyone who believed before Saturday that Jnr. was going to be remotely near what his Dad was telling everyone , must be fucking stupid if they have actually seen what he boxes like.
    It has almost come to the point where hype is more important than talent!
    It's not just Boxing either, but don't start me on that.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arrogance was his downfall no trainer as such as he new better his father hyping him up all in all
    Groves gave him a boxing lesson George had a good grounding in the amauter and pro games
    and it showed in the fight simple.
    Eubank meet a seasoned savie champion and he was given a hard lesson in the noble art Jr suffers from stuck up your own ass sindrome just like Sr he was made to look foolish by George
    is a nice guy I was lucky to talk to him a few years back pretty humble guy.
    Well done George I hope he makes a good recovery but it will take some time to get right.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure anyone outside the media hyposphere could make a case for EU JR now getting in the ring with an alphabet title holder, and getting paid enough to satisfy his dad. He surely has to settle down and go for a few domestic titles at MW, in the time honoured fashion, and then try again if he succeeds.

Thread Information