49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Eubank JR next move..

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Learn to box?

He can start by getting a proper trainer and base, start again at the beginning, learn the basic fundamentals.
    Is it too late?

Are there any other fighters in the past that worked on their boxing to a level where they completely changed their style..

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    He waits too late to turn it up. Actually, I felt he won the Saunders fight. But he clearly lost the Groves fight. Eubank simply needs to get in the habit of fighting for 12 rounds EVERY round. He can't wait until the near end to turn up every single time.
    BJS beat him IMO.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is there more money for JR at 168 or 160...he looked small in there against Groves..Perhaps that wild swinging style will look tasty against GGG...still see him loosing though.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Is there more money for JR at 168 or 160...he looked small in there against Groves..Perhaps that wild swinging style will look tasty against GGG...still see him loosing though.
    Triple G would destroy Eubank Junior, that performance was inept at the world class level.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Attached Images
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Learn to box?

He can start by getting a proper trainer and base, start again at the beginning, learn the basic fundamentals.
    Is it too late?

Are there any other fighters in the past that worked on their boxing to a level where they completely changed their style..
    Only Rocky when he beat Clubber Lang.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Learn to box?

Is it too late?

Haha, funny you say that, because I posted on FB earlier, that his only hope was to go back to the beginning like When Rocky went to Detroit :-)
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Learn to box?

Is it too late?

Haha, funny you say that, because I posted on FB earlier, that his only hope was to go back to the beginning like When Rocky went to Detroit :-)
    Haha. I'm not on FB Mate.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Glad its not just me, don't get me wrong I backed Groves at outrageously generous odds because I have always rated him. Whilst I recognise that EU has built a large amount of fans in his (short) career I really thought his performance was absolutely piss poor. I have to agree with most of you, 'learn to box' seems to be a cruel, but true, observation.

As has been already said, his chances against GGG are slim and none, and Slim just left town. Any promoter rash enough to stage it would be purely hoping for EU's remnant hipster fans turning up at £500 a pop for the live event, PPV receipts would be a record low.

Maybe he can get up the jungle like his old man?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not a lot of regular press over here about him but has Eubank Sr ever publically ripped into him or wanted to walk away? All I've ever seen was constant praise to the point of almost smothering. Jr looked lost yesterday like he came with zero plan and unmotivated.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank-GGG would be a tremendous fight, it's purely about styles.

Eubank can't deal with world-class slickster/movers/thinkers, it doesn't mean he can't beat world-class pressure fighters. For all the deserved shit his dad gets, he picked the right fights to suit his style, unfortunately though, the process created a one-dimensional hardman with zero boxing brain and no plan b.

Jr could beat current belt holders at 168 and beat current world-class middleweights.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Odd performance from Eubank. So timid in comparison to previous fights. Has to eat humble pie, desperate dan style and come back.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank-GGG would be a tremendous fight, it's purely about styles.

Eubank can't deal with world-class slickster/movers/thinkers, it doesn't mean he can't beat world-class pressure fighters. For all the deserved shit his dad gets, he picked the right fights to suit his style, unfortunately though, the process created a one-dimensional hardman with zero boxing brain and no plan b.

Jr could beat current belt holders at 168 and beat current world-class middleweights.
    GGG is not just a pressure fighter, he has the skills to pick Junior off and take him apart when he has to.

GGG's jab alone would cause Eubank to stay away and fight at distance.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How much interest will there be in Jr's next fight?

The boxing fans have decided that Saturday night was more than enough evidence that he isn't in the elite, will they be able to drum up the same sort of interest from the casual fan next time?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    How much interest will there be in Jr's next fight?

The boxing fans have decided that Saturday night was more than enough evidence that he isn't in the elite, will they be able to drum up the same sort of interest from the casual fan next time?
    Junior will want to fight in the final if Groves pulls out, his second hope is that he gets a shot at Truax, third hope is one of the other champs offers him a fight.

All hope and not real options.

All look unlikely.

Thread Information