Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default SuperFly III ideas

These SuperFly cards have been awesome, each card has produced a few fight of the year contenders and the top guys are willing to face each other.

Anyway what fights would you like to see on SuperFly III?

Does a Wangek/ Estrada rematch take center stage again? I thought Wangek won clearly but there were quite a few close rounds that could have gone either way.

Can Arroyo hang with Wangek if thrust into the main event with the Thai?

I'd love to see Gonzalez on the 3rd one, rematches with Estrada, Arroyo or Caudras could be possibilities. He already holds a win over all 3.

Ancajas vs Yafai in a unification could be an option if Eddie stops protecting his guy.

It would be great if they could get Rau'shee Warren involved, maybe a revenge my brother fight for McWilliams.

If they could pull off a Nietes vs Higa Flyweight unification that would be insane, failing that Dalakian also holds the WBA Flyweight title.

Anyway you mix these guys the fans win.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: SuperFly III ideas

They definitely have to go straight into Wangek-Estrada rematch or Estrada co main with Arroyo v Estrada and Wangek main vs ??. Even push a Arroyo v Cuadras rematch. Promotions will obviously snuff out some top players. Ancajas would be great but think he's with Arum? It does feel like it's running a bit thin now. I think they had full intention of Viloria in there somewhere and I thought Cuadras would cruise Arroyo without much problem. Still feel that for the division to be fully explored they have to find a way to have Inoue in there and it's a shame it's not happening. Gonzalez is a real mystery at this point. Maybe they can get him in with Cuadras and salvage that rematch winner for rebuild.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm excited any which way they match them, all would entertain. It's a pity Inoue is moving to 118 (although a Jamie McDonnell fight is ok, would have preferred Tete).

They may showcase Higa on the undercard against Dalakian before we get the Nietes fight.

I think the Estrada rematch is the most competitive for Wangek, Gonzalez is expected to return in May so could possibly return for SuperFly III, he could return to the mix with fights against Yafai or Arroyo.

The possibilities are still endless.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They seem to really be trying to push cuadras back into the main title fight, so I would expect to see him on the undercard a fain despite losing two in a row and if he wins then straight to the big title fight for him... They mentioned yafai on the broadcast, I would like to see him get involved(might not be able to afford to bring him to America though), get some new names in...

Nietes moving up to take on sor rungvisai would be very interesting to me, smart skilled fighter v the big destroyer, I would like that one maybe more than an estrada rematch. I'm sure Nietes was there for a reason. I didn't see villoria v the Ukrainian fellow on the non televised part but he is undefeated a d just sweeped a good veteran maybe he has more to show too..

And of course inoue if he is staying at this weight(I forget), could be difficult to get him to fight in America...

Actually there are loads of options, make it a ppv(which no one would buy) and get em all involved!

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wangek will fight anyone they put in front of him. I think his main options should be Estrada II, Ancajas or Yafai to unify, Arroyo or Warren to defend his belt.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There was also talk of Nietes taking on Gonzalez for Inoue's title once he vacates. Not sure how possible that is tho.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How great was Gonzalez? He arguably has wins over Wangek, Estrada, Cuadras and Arroyo, all top contenders at 115.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    How great was Gonzalez? He arguably has wins over Wangek, Estrada, Cuadras and Arroyo, all top contenders at 115.
    Yes he was special, he would be favourite if he was not finished and over the hill.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can see a Choco Estrada rematch before a Wangek Estrada rematch. I think Estrada beats 2018 Choco and it's a relatively easy fight for him to break up two seriously wearing/career shortening wars against Wangek. Look how well Arroyo did on Saturday night for somebody who was picked by the promoters to lose to their name fighter. He's guaranteed himself a future HBO fight with that win. There's a big pool of superflys they can match from, guys like Yafai can turn themselves into names and get future fights if they can come up with a performance like Arroyo. If I was HBO I'd make this a regular event with four or even five fights on the card and let these guys turn themselves into TV attractions. They could fund four or five fights for about half of some of the purses they paid Andre Berto for easy fights.

And it's not just 115 they could do this at. They could do this at flyweight and bantamweight and put fantastic competitive cards on with four or five fights, one or two of which would be brilliant and keep viewers coming back, and the cards would cost HBO next to nothing.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Totally agree, I heard the WBSS may be doing a Bantamweight tournament.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know why HBO didn't buy the WBSS tournaments that are on now. They could have got them for next to nothing. I think if it's not being held in America it doesn't count as far as HBO are concerned. And it needs to be heavy on the Hispanic/American fighters too.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    I don't know why HBO didn't buy the WBSS tournaments that are on now. They could have got them for next to nothing. I think if it's not being held in America it doesn't count as far as HBO are concerned. And it needs to be heavy on the Hispanic/American fighters too.
    I'm glad they put on SuperFly II and seem committed to a SuperFly III, these fights deliver and aren't as heavy on the wallet.

Yea HBO or showtime should have picked up the finals at least of the WBSS. I'm glad they have been so successful (up until Groves' injury and Braehmer pulling out). I'm hoping more of these tournaments start becoming the norm. I see Holyfield is working with the WBC to put together a 147 tourney of fringe contenders.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks like Dalakian has been ordered to face Sirichai Thaiyen by the WBA, a guy Reveco stopped in 5 back in 2014, so I doubt that'll be on SuperFly III.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information