123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Trump meeting rocket man

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Don't know what you are all on about. I really want to see Trump hang out with Elton John.
    They both have ridiculous ......" Hair "

That stuff really works by the way. I drink a bottle of it after a mescaline session and it doesn't fuck about. Mescaline tends to bung me up.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Don't know what you are all on about. I really want to see Trump hang out with Elton John.
    They both have ridiculous ......" Hair "

That stuff really works by the way. I drink a bottle of it after a mescaline session and it doesn't fuck about. Mescaline tends to bung me up.
    Good to know finally you print something actually enlightening

El Kabong Guest

It looks like I was right about you and Democractic gerrymandering, eh? What a surprise. And you're really quiet about the Mueller investigation these days. Why is that Lyle?
    If you feel you were right then good for you.

What you and Thom Hartmann seem to be implying is that Southern Democrats AND Republicans are horribly racist and vile evil people. Ah yes the South has the relative stranglehold on racism

Hartmann brings up Senator Robert Byrd (West Virginia)....Hillary Clinton's MENTOR or as Hillary said herself "My friend and mentor Robert C. Byrd"....who was not only IN the KKK but LEAD the KKK. If we're to believe YOUR take on history then surely Robert C. Byrd would have stopped being a Democrat and become a Republican had the parties switched. ONLY Strom Thurmond switched parties, he was the ONLY one. So there goes the whole idea of "the parties switched".

Were there bad actors in the Republican Party in those days? Just as sure as there were bad actors in the Democrat Party, you think LBJ was actually down for the struggle? HAHA

Correlations don't prove cause and effect Kirkland, you know that or rather you should know that and Thom Hartmann should know that too.

As for the Mueller investigation, what the fuck about it, has ANYTHING at all been found? Anything? Can we expect impeachment soon Kirkland? Or am I going to have to wait until Trump's second term?

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How did the meeting go ?
    Attached Images

El Kabong Guest

I think we can all take time to enjoy this

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    It looks like I was right about you and Democractic gerrymandering, eh? What a surprise. And you're really quiet about the Mueller investigation these days. Why is that Lyle?

What you and Thom Hartmann seem to be implying is that Southern Democrats AND Republicans are horribly racist and vile evil people. Ah yes the South has the relative stranglehold on racism

Hartmann brings up Senator Robert Byrd (West Virginia)....Hillary Clinton's MENTOR or as Hillary said herself "My friend and mentor Robert C. Byrd"....who was not only IN the KKK but LEAD the KKK. If we're to believe YOUR take on history then surely Robert C. Byrd would have stopped being a Democrat and become a Republican had the parties switched. ONLY Strom Thurmond switched parties, he was the ONLY one. So there goes the whole idea of "the parties switched".

Were there bad actors in the Republican Party in those days? Just as sure as there were bad actors in the Democrat Party, you think LBJ was actually down for the struggle? HAHA

Correlations don't prove cause and effect Kirkland, you know that or rather you should know that and Thom Hartmann should know that too.

As for the Mueller investigation, what the fuck about it, has ANYTHING at all been found? Anything? Can we expect impeachment soon Kirkland? Or am I going to have to wait until Trump's second term?
    The north/south vote breakdown is about as clear as you can get, isn't it. I rest my case.

As for the various Democratic Senators like Byrd and Thurmond, they were told if they wanted to remain part of the Democratic party they'd have to accept and campaign for civil rights and racial equality from then on. Some like Byrd accepted that and spent the rest of their political careers working to further racial equality, some retired. Thurmond, who'd earlier in his career campaigned on a pro-lynching platform, couldn't stomach supporting racial equality and joined the Republican party.

And the Mueller investigation has so far indicted Manafort, Trump's campaign manager, the guy who replaced Manafort as campaign manager, Trump's National Security Advisor, one of his foreign policy advisors. Three of these guys are now co-operating witnesses. So lots more to come at some point.

I'm not sure he'll be impeached. Impeachment is a political process, not a legal one. The Democrats would rather run against a mortally wounded Trump in 2020 than have Trump on his way to prison and an untainted relatively normal noncontroversial Pence to run against. The GOP wouldn't vote to impeach Trump right now but who knows what Mueller will find?

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The north/south vote breakdown is about as clear as you can get, isn't it. I rest my case.

As for the various Democratic Senators like Byrd and Thurmond, they were told if they wanted to remain part of the Democratic party they'd have to accept and campaign for civil rights and racial equality from then on. Some like Byrd accepted that and spent the rest of their political careers working to further racial equality, some retired. Thurmond, who'd earlier in his career campaigned on a pro-lynching platform, couldn't stomach supporting racial equality and joined the Republican party.

And the Mueller investigation has so far indicted Manafort, Trump's campaign manager, the guy who replaced Manafort as campaign manager, Trump's National Security Advisor, one of his foreign policy advisors. Three of these guys are now co-operating witnesses. So lots more to come at some point.

I'm not sure he'll be impeached. Impeachment is a political process, not a legal one. The Democrats would rather run against a mortally wounded Trump in 2020 than have Trump on his way to prison and an untainted relatively normal noncontroversial Pence to run against. The GOP wouldn't vote to impeach Trump right now but who knows what Mueller will find?
    You must have have taken notes last time harry Reid was banging you, or u him

El Kabong Guest

Well if it is then your bellyaching about "muh gerrymandering" is kind of ummmm fucking dumb because then both Republicans AND Democrats would be restricting the voted of blacks in the South moron.

Thurmond wasn't "pro lynching" quite the opposite actually, never read about what he did in the wake of the lynching of Willie Earle have you? Strom Thurmond had a daughter with a black woman so yeah while he indeed was very PRO-segregation he was very ANTI-lynching and for good reason. Now ol' bedsheets Byrd quite a different story, but hey you know what you're talking about don't you son

So Mueller has indicted Trump? No? Then nothing is happening, nothing has happened....wake me up when THAT happens.

"B-b-b-b-but there's more to come........at some point"

LOL

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well if it is then your bellyaching about "muh gerrymandering" is kind of ummmm fucking dumb because then both Republicans AND Democrats would be restricting the voted of blacks in the South moron.

Thurmond wasn't "pro lynching" quite the opposite actually, never read about what he did in the wake of the lynching of Willie Earle have you? Strom Thurmond had a daughter with a black woman so yeah while he indeed was very PRO-segregation he was very ANTI-lynching and for good reason. Now ol' bedsheets Byrd quite a different story, but hey you know what you're talking about don't you son

So Mueller has indicted Trump? No? Then nothing is happening, nothing has happened....wake me up when THAT happens.

"B-b-b-b-but there's more to come........at some point"

LOL
    How would Democrats be suppressing the black vote and how would that make any difference to the ability of a state to gerrymander its districts?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Report: Dems Need Wave Unseen In 40 Years To Overcome GOP In Midterms

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/b...term-elections

Its like a banana Republic with all the gerrymandering.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And a sitting president can't be indicted, only impeached. Even if he's guilty he can pardon himself or anybody else. But only for federal crimes. If there's evidence of money laundering or tax evasion or fraud, the NY Attorney General can prosecute him and/or the rest of his family.

El Kabong Guest

How would Democrats be suppressing the black vote and how would that make any difference to the ability of a state to gerrymandering its districts?
    Well you seem to be under the assumption that regardless of party affiliation the South as a whole is racist. So yeah, interesting question that YOU should ponder a bit before responding.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And a sitting president can't be indicted, only impeached. Even if he's guilty he can pardon himself or anybody else. But only for federal crimes. If there's evidence of money laundering or tax evasion or fraud, the NY Attorney General can prosecute him and/or the rest of his family.
    Wether or not a president has the authority to pardon himself is debatable. He may very well have such power but it has never come before the courts. There was an article about it in a recent law journal. Trump may very well be impeached, just as Clinton and Bush were. Impeachment has become a political thing. If the dems get a majority mid term schumer and pelosi will get great air time if they move for impeachment but it will be meaningless. After all the scandal in the mueller investigation no one, other than CNN has faith in his investigation, he allowed too many bias characters access to the investigation and had documented trump haters on board who were not even pretending to be impartial. It seems like you should be a bit more concerned with your own country Kirk. Oh, and to whatever your response is it's a crock of shit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How would Democrats be suppressing the black vote and how would that make any difference to the ability of a state to gerrymandering its districts?
    Well you seem to be under the assumption that regardless of party affiliation the South as a whole is racist. So yeah, interesting question that YOU should ponder a bit before responding.
    I'm not under the impression that the south as a whole is racist. However there are a lot of racists in the south.

Back in 2008 the republican brand was in the toilet. Iraq, Katrina and a whole bunch of scandals had left Bush and Cheney and the GOP with historical low approval ratings and historically high disapproval ratings. And then to top it off their eight year abdication of any regulation or oversight of the financial industry resulted in the biggest financial crash since 1929.

As this map of the country shows, it was impossible for the GOP facing those kind of headwinds to get more votes in districts/states in 2008 than they had done in 2004. Apart from a large swathe of the south and Appalachia where somehow they improved on the 2004 showing:

Blue is where Obama did better than Kerry. Red is where he did worse.

El Kabong Guest

I'm not under the impression that the south as a whole is racist. However there are a lot of racists in the south.

Back in 2008 the republican brand was in the toilet. Iraq, Katrina and a whole bunch of scandals had left Bush and Cheney and the GOP with historical low approval ratings and historically high disapproval ratings. And then to top it off their eight year abdication of any regulation or oversight of the financial industry resulted in the biggest financial crash since 1929.

As this map of the country shows, it was impossible for the GOP facing those kind of headwinds to get more votes in districts/states in 2008 than they had done in 2004. Apart from a large swathe of the south and Appalachia where somehow they improved on the 2004 showing:

Blue is where Obama did better than Kerry. Red is where he did worse.
    You actually said "The north/south vote breakdown is about as clear as you can get, isn't it." where you included Southern Republicans and lumped them in with Southern Democrats for the 1968 Civil Rights Act vote. That's what you did and THEN you complain about gerrymandering in the South which makes little to no sense if you're accusing both parties in that geographical area of being racist.

Also you DO realize that the map you've decided to use has North Carolina, a state you wanted to make a great deal about their "gerrymandering", as pretty much blue from Murphy (Westernmost city in NC) to Rodanthe (Easternmost city in NC). Why would that be the case if North Carolina is gerrymandered and/or racist?

So I guess I don't understand what it is you're actually attempting to push here.....are just the Southern Republicans racist? Is it the South in general? Is it North Carolina specifically that is racist?

Thread Information