Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  21
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does Wilder have more Charisma than AJ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Does Wilder have more Charisma than AJ?

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    You make a very fair point.

I suppose 'charisma' means having some attractive or charming attribute that inspires people to follow you, or be devoted to you.

Ali was charismatic, people loved him (later on). Lennox and AJ possibly inspire respect, but not necessarily devotion.

Evan magnetic performers like Tyson, Liston, Duran etc inspired a sort of dread awe..... but not devotion or love.

But by that definition, there have been very few sports people, never mind boxers, who have been truly charismatic?
    Chacon and Quarry had it big time

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua is boring personality wise. Wilder tries real hard not to be boring. I don't really care much what either one has to say. But I do wanna see them fight

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Charisma obviously won't win you fights, but honestly I don't get what the big deal is with Joshua being boring or not having charisma.
    Here he is doing his best Wilder impression (sucks... but "A" on effort) and giving an all-an-all good interview.

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news...der-impression

Personally, I think people are just too hard to please. Too loud and brash... you get criticized. Too soft-spoken... you're boring.
    Like I said before, tough crowd.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I get what Tito is saying and agree fans can be fickle. I for the record have never once said AJ is boring. I prefer a fighter to be humble and would rather judge them on what they do inside the ring. Obviously that doesn't always translate to ratings and $$$. A enjoy a bit of smack talk or showboating at times (a bolo punch or Ali shuffle is generally entertaining) but only if done against a quality opponent. Some guys just connect with the public, Naz, Ali etc, sometimes it's love or hate, people want to see you win or get beat. There's no real recipe for successfully crossing over, every mainstream star has done it slightly different.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    As Memphis mentioned. I think its all about how you define charisma. There's more to it than just confidence. There has a to be a certain draw there that pulls people to a persons character. Just as with many things today there are a lot of messages lost because of the opinion of the source. It's like people wearing big vagina costumes and hats in the US telling us that we should respect women, take them seriously and pay them equal salaries. The message is totally clouded by the presentation.
    I know this isn’t the place for such a discussion but you brought it up so I want to add on.

I think this clouded message is intentional. If people are confused they don’t look into things, they just think of what they “know” that women get 70cents on the dollar or whatever fake number they apply now and don’t check into the real numbers. To get to these numbers you have to ignore that women work shorter hours and take more days off. It’s understandable because of the excess demands on women. But it means the argument is completely dishonest.

Imagine 2 lawyers are hired the same day. One man and one woman. Of equal competence as lawyers. Single man with a child, single woman with a child.(equal situations, sort of) Man has part time custody, as is common. Woman has full time custody, as is common. This man is probably going to work more hours and take less time off because he has less responsibilities. This is common. So working more hours and more days he becomes a partner quicker.

In these statistics the woman has been treated unfairly, making less money for “equal work” how they apply it. But in real work terms this scenario has been entirely fair.

I’m all for equal rights, and definitely understand men have stacked the deck and treat women awful. But I hate that intentionally deceptive statistics can be repeated enough to be accepted as true.

Sorry for the rant, just, I believed the deception too for so long. Everyone says it it must be true. Didn’t learn the truth until getting into loan management. Wage gap is a well constructed myth

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    As Memphis mentioned. I think its all about how you define charisma. There's more to it than just confidence. There has a to be a certain draw there that pulls people to a persons character. Just as with many things today there are a lot of messages lost because of the opinion of the source. It's like people wearing big vagina costumes and hats in the US telling us that we should respect women, take them seriously and pay them equal salaries. The message is totally clouded by the presentation.
    I know this isn’t the place for such a discussion but you brought it up so I want to add on.

I think this clouded message is intentional. If people are confused they don’t look into things, they just think of what they “know” that women get 70cents on the dollar or whatever fake number they apply now and don’t check into the real numbers. To get to these numbers you have to ignore that women work shorter hours and take more days off. It’s understandable because of the excess demands on women. But it means the argument is completely dishonest.

Imagine 2 lawyers are hired the same day. One man and one woman. Of equal competence as lawyers. Single man with a child, single woman with a child.(equal situations, sort of) Man has part time custody, as is common. Woman has full time custody, as is common. This man is probably going to work more hours and take less time off because he has less responsibilities. This is common. So working more hours and more days he becomes a partner quicker.

In these statistics the woman has been treated unfairly, making less money for “equal work” how they apply it. But in real work terms this scenario has been entirely fair.

I’m all for equal rights, and definitely understand men have stacked the deck and treat women awful. But I hate that intentionally deceptive statistics can be repeated enough to be accepted as true.

Sorry for the rant, just, I believed the deception too for so long. Everyone says it it must be true. Didn’t learn the truth until getting into loan management. Wage gap is a well constructed myth
    Equal pay for equal work is a concept in law that can be applied to your example. If it is true then it will be acceptable and legal.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

Equal pay for equal work is a concept in law that can be applied to your example. If it is true then it will be acceptable and legal.
    Ugh. This is about charisma a boxing. Has nothing to do with slimy, slithery, slippery lawyers Ugh

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Thread Information