Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Let fighters juice....

They already are; if they can afford it, they are doing it.

The BALCO scandal was 10+ years ago, and look at the range and scope of it...if you're not familiar, the indictments were across every major sport, and named Shane Mosely and a bunch of other dudes.

But, the actual discussion has moved on from "juicing," it's a now a matter of taking a substance that isn't banned, but has the same net impact as a banned substance--is that cheating?

drug testing and governing body's don't do research and development, therefore they will always be behind those who do.

Remember, "juicing" is from the 50's and 60's, and EPO/HGH from at least the 80's... who actually knows where they are now. If you look across sports, EVERYONE is better shape, more muscular by far, (especially basketball).
    "...went 12 rounds with Ali, and never took a backwards step."

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hfahrenheit View Post

The BALCO scandal was 10+ years ago, and look at the range and scope of it...if you're not familiar, the indictments were across every major sport, and named Shane Mosely and a bunch of other dudes.

But, the actual discussion has moved on from "juicing," it's a now a matter of taking a substance that isn't banned, but has the same net impact as a banned substance--is that cheating?

drug testing and governing body's don't do research and development, therefore they will always be behind those who do.

Remember, "juicing" is from the 50's and 60's, and EPO/HGH from at least the 80's... who actually knows where they are now. If you look across sports, EVERYONE is better shape, more muscular by far, (especially basketball).
    I thought that was down to better nutrition, diet, exercises and evolution.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Creatine was used by may in the beginning and still is. Reefer can mask well as long as you mask reefer. Remember East Gera man women back in the day who looked like men and we very hairy (ugh) but strong. Wonder if they had d--ks?

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definitely a part of it, but not exclusive to it. There's an American football player named Ray Lewis who was caught taking some form of an deer antler--can you imagine Deer antler is a banned substance? There's an entire industry dedicated to a thin, legal difference between "supplement" and "substance."

The strangest--I think--is that's it's illegal to take things FROM your own body, (red blood cells, hormone, etc), stock pile them, and then use them to train/perform with.

"...went 12 rounds with Ali, and never took a backwards step."

El Kabong Guest

Ah yes deer antler spray

Ray Lewis and Deer-Antler Spray: Just What Is This Stuff?
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-is-this-stuff

I do wonder that if all sports were like the WWF in the 1980's and no drug was off limits who would be the absolute greatest athletes in each sport.

I also would feel bad for Lance Armstrong (I DO feel bad for Floyd Landis) because cycling is the dirtiest sport there is going, but Lance Armstrong was a jackass. He was going to go after Greg LeMonde because Greg was asking questions about Lance being clean. Fucking asshole that Lance Armstrong.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes he is (Lance). But man... what a crash-and-burn that guy did, huh? It's almost as if he was being made an example of, for the rest of the cheating sports world to see. "Look at what can happen to you if you use PEDs." Stripped of every Tour de France title, stricken from the record books, loss of millions and millions of dollars, public disgrace, etc, etc, etc. Don't get me wrong... not feeling sorry for the man. It's just that in this world of inconsistent standards and punishments, we've all seen athletes in other sports get away with similar transgressions, and suffer much lesser consequences. But yeah... the guy is a conniving asshole.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Yes he is (Lance). But man... what a crash-and-burn that guy did, huh? It's almost as if he was being made an example of, for the rest of the cheating sports world to see. "Look at what can happen to you if you use PEDs." Stripped of every Tour de France title, stricken from the record books, loss of millions and millions of dollars, public disgrace, etc, etc, etc. Don't get me wrong... not feeling sorry for the man. It's just that in this world of inconsistent standards and punishments, we've all seen athletes in other sports get away with similar transgressions, and suffer much lesser consequences. But yeah... the guy is a conniving asshole.
    Therefore he got what he deserved and they should all suffer similar fate. He was a bully and attacked anyone accusing him. He got what he deserved.

El Kabong Guest

It would have been different had he been a nice person during his time on top.....but he was vicious.

The 1970's Steelers were all roided up, I'm relatively certain the Philadephia Flyers of the same era were on roids, The 1990's Cowboys were all coked up, Lawrence Taylor was coked up, The 1986 Mets were coked up, Carl Lewis was juiced.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    It would have been different had he been a nice person during his time on top.....but he was vicious.

The 1970's Steelers were all roided up, I'm relatively certain the Philadephia Flyers of the same era were on roids, The 1990's Cowboys were all coked up, Lawrence Taylor was coked up, The 1986 Mets were coked up, Carl Lewis was juiced.
    Carl Lewis gets me because he caused such a stink about Ben Johnson.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ben Johnson was a jerk though. The stare he gave Lewis when he "cheatingly" won the gold made it that much sweeter when they took it away from him.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ben Johnson was a jerk though. The stare he gave Lewis when he "cheatingly" won the gold made it that much sweeter when they took it away from him.
    I know but the demonisation (I know he had red eyes which did not help him) of Ben whilst Carl was classed as the hero is sickening.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Way back, the Eastern German women athletes were roided up big time. They were muscular, strong, hairy, and very UGLY.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wonder if GGG is gonna juice up in return? Then where would that put us?
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    I wonder if GGG is gonna juice up in return? Then where would that put us?
    Triple G is clean and honourable.

Thread Information