Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Marcus Brown has looked devastating in his last fight. He’s def going to come to win and is a step up from the last two guys Kovalev picked on to get his confidence back up. This is a good fight.
    Big step up from his last 2 fights to Kov.I could see Kov's last 2 opponents beating Browne's.
    Could you see them beating Browne or even going the distance with him?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sergey Kovalev vs. Marcus Browne

Marcus Brown has looked devastating in his last fight. He’s def going to come to win and is a step up from the last two guys Kovalev picked on to get his confidence back up. This is a good fight.
    Big step up from his last 2 fights to Kov.I could see Kov's last 2 opponents beating Browne's.
    I could see both going the distance with Browne.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I sort of feel sorry for the rest of Kovalev's future opponents until he retires, or he fights on too long. Two losses to Andre Ward, the first controversial... the second frustrating as hell... which will never be avenged. Ward has retired, and that's that. I'd imagine Kovalev uses that frustration as an extra motivation to demolish his opponents, who must know what they're getting into. A part of me still can't believe how Kovalev lost that second fight. One of the lasting mysteries of boxing. I"m still hoping out hope that there will be a Kov-Stevenson fight somewhere in the not-too-distant future.
    I don't see anything mysterious in it. A bully gets bullied and quits, it's a cliche. A drunk can't face reality and instead makes loads of excuses, another cliche. A racist says racist things.

I'm curious what you find mysterious about it?(not trying to be argumentative, genuinely curious)

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I sort of feel sorry for the rest of Kovalev's future opponents until he retires, or he fights on too long. Two losses to Andre Ward, the first controversial... the second frustrating as hell... which will never be avenged. Ward has retired, and that's that. I'd imagine Kovalev uses that frustration as an extra motivation to demolish his opponents, who must know what they're getting into. A part of me still can't believe how Kovalev lost that second fight. One of the lasting mysteries of boxing. I"m still hoping out hope that there will be a Kov-Stevenson fight somewhere in the not-too-distant future.
    I don't see anything mysterious in it. A bully gets bullied and quits, it's a cliche. A drunk can't face reality and instead makes loads of excuses, another cliche. A racist says racist things.

I'm curious what you find mysterious about it?(not trying to be argumentative, genuinely curious)
    Did he get bullied tho? Many feel he won the first fight and he may have been hurt in the second but those nut shots certainly had something to do with the ending.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did he get bullied tho? Many feel he won the first fight and he may have been hurt in the second but those nut shots certainly had something to do with the ending.

Basically this, Ron. I didn't see Kov getting bullied. Ward's has neither the size nor the power to bully Kov. Somehow, Ward got into Kov's head. That's the part I find mysterious. Going back to Kov-Ward I, very first part of the fight, Ward gets dropped. Kudos to him for adjusting his style and making a fight out of it, although IMO he shouldn't have gotten the decision. But the 2nd fight? Kovalev should've been chomping at the bit to make things right. Instead, he gets stopped to the body. Yes... he also got a lot of low blows ignored by the referee. It still doesn't make sense to me.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kovalev looked gassed in the second fight. I think it just comes down to that. Body shots wore him out (and a few low blows). I still think that Kovalev is really good.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A racist says racist things.
    We've noticed that about you.

Your posts are very predictable. It's obvious you like black fighters, and you don't like non-black boxers.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    A racist says racist things.
    We've noticed that about you.

Your posts are very predictable. It's obvious you like black fighters, and you don't like non-black boxers.
    I have not noticed that, except for one blatant post, Ron has been fairly critical about most fighters.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Kovalev looked gassed in the second fight. I think it just comes down to that. Body shots wore him out (and a few low blows). I still think that Kovalev is really good.
    It would have been nice to see Kov get at least a few minutes to recover from some of those low shots.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It would have been nice to see Kov get at least a few minutes to recover from some of those low shots.
    I’m a huge Kovalev fan but he was gassed regardless. He wasn’t going to last 4 more rounds.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I could see both going the distance with Browne.
    I can’t.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m a huge Kovalev fan but he was gassed regardless. He wasn’t going to last 4 more rounds.
    5 minutes is a lot of recovery time, that's what a fighter should get when he is hit low. I'm not saying Kov comes back but we'll never know for sure. Like I've said many times, the ref robbed both fighters of a conclusive end.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Big step up from his last 2 fights to Kov.

I could see Kov's last 2 opponents beating Browne's.
    That's the thing..levels. Browne looked good last couple fights vs guys with 'good' numbers but the blueprint was out on Monaghan who thought he was fighting Stevenson..imagine that car crash..and had Browne step in. He seems like a decent dude when he's not dirty and lays it out but with 174 so deep feels like he's just rushing to be counted. Can't knock him for that just don't see him ready for level of Kovalev.

Thread Information