Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Wilder Excuses Begin

I think Hearn is confident that AJ would win, less confident that it would make $100m.

I reckon that Hearn wants to get Wilder against his second string Whyte, for lesser millions. If Wilder wins by KO it ramps up the interest in Wilder AJ. If Wilder gets beat (most probable) depending on the performance it could still ramp up either a rematch or straight to AJ. Either way it puts Wilder among Brit viewers and may well improve his standing with more savvy US viewers, most of whom think he's shit. I guess its maximising your assets.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Here is something you said in another thread @Primo Carnera

“We know that GGG will just mark time and wait for Canelo to become available , like he's GBP/Canelo's little lap dog.
    He needs to cut Canelo loose and let the cunt drown while getting his career back on track.”

So with this idea, you should be pushing for Wilder to reject such a lowball offer because otherwise he is being Hearns lap dog. Just like GGG can make the most money fighting Canelo, Wilder will make the most money fighting AJ.

Canelo financially dictates GGGs career at the moment because he is the bigger draw. This HW situation is the same. It’s awful. So you talk that Wilder should give into demands or give a counter offer but I never hear you defend Canelo and tell GGG that he needs to just accept the offer he is given.

Whatever you believe is fine but just be consistent with your views. If Wilder needs to accept a smaller percentage because he isn’t as big of a draw and because this is way more money that’s he has ever made, then you must also agree that GGG should take an easy fight to preserve his big payday against Canelo. Financially it makes sense.

If you believe that GGG should just move on with his career then you should also believe that Wilder should just move on with his career and not let AJ dictate his career.
    You make a very fair point, and i'll explain myself.
    firstly , I don't say Wilder should just lie down and accept. If he's got other options, crack on.
    Secondly , the difference between Wilder and GGG is that basically Wilder doesn't have many options to prove he's "The Man" unless he beats Joshua (and vice versa) therefore he will never earn the big money (maybe even the money he deserves) until he does. Joshua, on the other hand could earn £10million a fight minimum whoever he fought within reason because of the crazy way people in the UK hype up their stars and flash their dough!
    GGG on the other hand has many options to earn good money, and if he keeps beating those options (Charlo, Jacobs, BJS) , and he is marketed correctly, then his money will increase and he will be the "A" Side.
    This is no different to what Floyd did for the last 5 or 6 years of his career . It Might not be right and people will moan about it ad infinitum , but one thing that can't be denied is that Floyd went out and made his legacy by beating big names in the ring. People will say "he ducked this" , "he avoided that" , but I don't see Wilder, GGG , any of these guys not just these 2, going out and Making their Legacy by fighting the best of the best and beating them .
    GGG should ignore Canelo, and if everyone does the same, he's got nowhere to go.
    Wilder had a head start on Joshua , he's had 40 fucking pro fights, and only now is he trying to go up the food chain . Let us not forget that Wilder , a World Champion at the time , was calling out Joshua when he was a fucking Novice!!!
    they know which side their bread is buttered , trust me.
    And anyone who says "it doesn't matter what he's earnt to date" and "he should give him X%" has gotta to get real and understand what really happens.
    looking at previous posts of yours and mine on this matter, we're not that far apart on what we believe SHOULD happen and who SHOULD get what. But it's not up to us. we have to understand how it works.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Ignore what Wilder has earned because it serves no purpose, it's no yardstick. What AJ has earned is though.

Where are you getting this $100m number from?
    PPV TV money from both sides of the pond and around the world added with revenue from stadium with sponsorship from gambling companies rounding it up to the nearest pound.
    And you come up with $100m? Whats the breakdown of the $100m?

How much for instance do you think the gate is worth. Then TV.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ignore what Wilder has earned because it serves no purpose, it's no yardstick. What AJ has earned is though.

PPV TV money from both sides of the pond and around the world added with revenue from stadium with sponsorship from gambling companies rounding it up to the nearest pound.

Gate will be worth £45 million and TV rights $55million and a penny.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Here is something you said in another thread @Primo Carnera

“We know that GGG will just mark time and wait for Canelo to become available , like he's GBP/Canelo's little lap dog.
    He needs to cut Canelo loose and let the cunt drown while getting his career back on track.”

So with this idea, you should be pushing for Wilder to reject such a lowball offer because otherwise he is being Hearns lap dog. Just like GGG can make the most money fighting Canelo, Wilder will make the most money fighting AJ.

Canelo financially dictates GGGs career at the moment because he is the bigger draw. This HW situation is the same. It’s awful. So you talk that Wilder should give into demands or give a counter offer but I never hear you defend Canelo and tell GGG that he needs to just accept the offer he is given.

Whatever you believe is fine but just be consistent with your views. If Wilder needs to accept a smaller percentage because he isn’t as big of a draw and because this is way more money that’s he has ever made, then you must also agree that GGG should take an easy fight to preserve his big payday against Canelo. Financially it makes sense.

If you believe that GGG should just move on with his career then you should also believe that Wilder should just move on with his career and not let AJ dictate his career.
    You make a very fair point, and i'll explain myself.
    firstly , I don't say Wilder should just lie down and accept. If he's got other options, crack on.
    Secondly , the difference between Wilder and GGG is that basically Wilder doesn't have many options to prove he's "The Man" unless he beats Joshua (and vice versa) therefore he will never earn the big money (maybe even the money he deserves) until he does. Joshua, on the other hand could earn £10million a fight minimum whoever he fought within reason because of the crazy way people in the UK hype up their stars and flash their dough!
    GGG on the other hand has many options to earn good money, and if he keeps beating those options (Charlo, Jacobs, BJS) , and he is marketed correctly, then his money will increase and he will be the "A" Side.
    This is no different to what Floyd did for the last 5 or 6 years of his career . It Might not be right and people will moan about it ad infinitum , but one thing that can't be denied is that Floyd went out and made his legacy by beating big names in the ring. People will say "he ducked this" , "he avoided that" , but I don't see Wilder, GGG , any of these guys not just these 2, going out and Making their Legacy by fighting the best of the best and beating them .
    GGG should ignore Canelo, and if everyone does the same, he's got nowhere to go.
    Wilder had a head start on Joshua , he's had 40 fucking pro fights, and only now is he trying to go up the food chain . Let us not forget that Wilder , a World Champion at the time , was calling out Joshua when he was a fucking Novice!!!
    they know which side their bread is buttered , trust me.
    And anyone who says "it doesn't matter what he's earnt to date" and "he should give him X%" has gotta to get real and understand what really happens.
    looking at previous posts of yours and mine on this matter, we're not that far apart on what we believe SHOULD happen and who SHOULD get what. But it's not up to us. we have to understand how it works.
    Understandable. I just think that Wilder can fight whoever else in the division but nothing will change. The division is awful and nobody he beats will prove anything. At this point, I have seen more people pick Wilder to beat AJ. He may not be the A side financially but he is probably more the A side of who people think will win.

Same as GGG. He wanted the Canelo fight because he wanted the belts and money. Canelo was the A side financially while GGG was the A side to actual fans. I’ve said many times before that I understand that sports are run by money and greed but that it’s just an easy thing to hide behind.

AJ can keep fighting and keep selling out stadiums and making a ton of money. Felix Sturm did that too. He took money over becoming the best. Which is fine because it’s a personal decision. We all just want to see who the best is.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So it’s at Wembley , 90,000 people and tickets AVERAGE out at £500 each? So you think people are gonna she’ll out a few hundred quid to sit up in the Gods 100 yards from the ring. Master, you are a fucking dreamer!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder should get roughly what Parker got percentage wise, maybe slightly more.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Why? Just because AJ is a bigger draw? If so, I direct you to my above post and ask if you think that Canelo should get a much higher percentage than GGG because he’s the bigger draw.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Why? Just because AJ is a bigger draw? If so, I direct you to my above post and ask if you think that Canelo should get a much higher percentage than GGG because he’s the bigger draw.
    I guess so.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

By that rationale - If Wilder wanted to prove he's the best he'd take the $12.5 million (5 x his biggest purse), by the mans own admission he has plenty of money already, businesses, homes, and ya'll should stop worrying about how much money he got. He doing just fine, baby.

He - like his fans - sure is concerned about how much Joshua makes for someone desperate to make the fight.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t understand people’s comments on this thread.

Wilder should accept what he is offered.
    Hearn has been 💯 correct in his comments.
    The PR machine has been running from day 1 on joshuna. He has traveled all around the uk. Had fights up and down the country, England, Scotland, Ireland. Built up that fan base. Had his fights shown on America. He has earned the uk fans, to the normal fight fans, the outsiders, the house wife’s. He has earned those pay per views. Maximum exposure to bring in as much money as possible, all calculated and good buisness sense to get where they are now.

Wilder has a belt yes, but what else? No fans, no filled stadiums, it is what it is, take humble pie and accept your position in the pecking order. Whether he beats or is better than joshuna is irrelevant. Matchroom and joshuna have worked hard to get to the position where they are. Wilder and his camp can’t say the same. His position and fan base for being an American heavy weight champion is almost embarrassing.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    By that rationale - If Wilder wanted to prove he's the best he'd take the $12.5 million (5 x his biggest purse), by the mans own admission he has plenty of money already, businesses, homes, and ya'll should stop worrying about how much money he got. He doing just fine, baby.

He - like his fans - sure is concerned about how much Joshua makes for someone desperate to make the fight.
    I think you are confused about people being Wilder fans and people thinking that he deserves a bigger cut. Two different things.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder doesn't deserve even 40%. He needs to eat humble pie.

But he WILL KO AJ in 6

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe it's accurate, maybe it isn't. Good reason to negotiate percentages instead of dollar figures.

Thread Information