937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The Wilder Excuses Begin

Has he bottled it already? Watch him fight Breaveale next

Lou DiBella

"I didn’t see Anthony Joshua taking any chances in that fight at all. And in fact, I saw Anthony Joshua get buzzed by Joseph Parker and then pull his own tape off his glove to create his own timeout, and I gotta be honest with you, that made me lose a little bit of respect.”

The incident was also picked up on by some fans watching at home – including ESPN writer Dan Rafael.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/boxi...ker-tape-fight
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: The Wilder Excuses Begin

It would be very sad for the entire sport if this fight doesn't go forward.

This is why I still to this day HATE David Haye! You cannot astroturf a rivalry it's either got heat or it doesn't you cannot manufacture it and when you attempt to it feels put on and those involved look silly.

I've said it before I'll say it again Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder is as big as it is going to get, they're both undefeated, they have all the titles between them...there's nothing else that makes this fight more interesting for the common fan.

The chance is here to sign the fight, have the media tour, build up an amazing undercard for the big event next summer in England. Lots of young British and American talent on the undercard and just have it be the biggest event it can be.

If either camp cocks this up I and millions of other boxing fans will be furious.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree. They should have a rematch clause in it, wherever it is held, to have the return in the other country. It's an historic opportunity by two fighters who both came to boxing late to put on a spectacle, make loads of wonga and even wring a trilogy out of it.

Now watch them F*ck it up
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Yeah more money could be made from a trilogy if the first fight is good than will be made hyping the shit out of the first fight.

I absolutely hate this shit about boxing. This is how you get John Ruiz and Nicolay Valuev as "champions" fucking sucks.....sign to fight damnit!

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    I agree. They should have a rematch clause in it, wherever it is held, to have the return in the other country. It's an historic opportunity by two fighters who both came to boxing late to put on a spectacle, make loads of wonga and even wring a trilogy out of it.

Now watch them F*ck it up
    Unlike most other weddings, Harry and Meghan are inviting only one half of couples.... Sounds a bit tight, 🚾🗿🚬

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The 90s heavyweights were all about rematches and trilogies, as were the heavyweights of the 69s and 70s. Holyfield fought Moorer twice, Lennox twice, Tyson twice, Alex Stewart twice, Bowe three times, and Ruiz four times (even though once was more than enough). Lennox fought McCall, Rahman, and Evander twice. Bowe fought Evander three times, and Golota twice. Ali fought three times against Frazier and Norton. Fireman fought Frazier twice. I miss the days where/when the best fought the best.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    The 90s heavyweights were all about rematches and trilogies, as were the heavyweights of the 69s and 70s. Holyfield fought Moorer twice, Lennox twice, Tyson twice, Alex Stewart twice, Bowe three times, and Ruiz four times (even though once was more than enough). Lennox fought McCall, Rahman, and Evander twice. Bowe fought Evander three times, and Golota twice. Ali fought three times against Frazier and Norton. Fireman fought Frazier twice. I miss the days where/when the best fought the best.
    Agreed. Nobody wants to give rematches anymore. I like rematches as long as they are close or a freak KO happened.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Agreed. Nobody wants to give rematches anymore. I like rematches as long as they are close or a freak KO happened.
    I persoanlly think AJ will flatten Wilder and there will be no demand for a rematch. I think Wilder may retire after he loses with those Bambi legs.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua team about to make Wilder a very good offer.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.sky...wilder-moaning
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's funny how quiet Wilder and all the Fan boys on this forum accusing Joshua of ducking him have gone in the last week. He was full of shit chat in the week leading up to the Parker fight , but since , nothing. Joshua rightly was focusing on a unification fight and didn't want to discuss Wilder.
    Now, Joshua has blatantly said "sign this deal we're gonna offer or fucking shut up!" I hope Wilder does sign , but let's get things straight, if he Doesn't, Wilder is a loud mouthed gutless cunt!
    If Wilder wants it as bad as he says, he'll take it. None of this percentages Horse shit. If you don't like the financial side of it, Counter offer them with a better deal. If you can't do that (and we know they can't !) sign the fucking deal!
    I can smell his fucking fear from across the Atlantic!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.ringtv.com/532936-hearn-...ua-take-leave/

They’ll knock it back of course and earn $1.5million against Breazeale. But just remember it’s Joshua that doesn’t want it.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I were Wilder I would take the 12.5 million but my stipulation would be a rematch clause and that he gets a 60-40 split if for the rematch if he wins the first fight.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Wilder's willing to accept 40%, and Hearn is offering a flat 12.5, which is 25% at best, maybe less. Sounds like Joshua will be taking on the mandatory instead. It's not a tragedy when you think of their ages, 32 for Wilder and 28 for AJ. They both have plenty of years left in their careers. The only danger here is one of the two losing before they get to the mega-match, and then they're splitting a much lower purse.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For the record, I wouldn't accept 25%. It's insulting. A smaller split, yes. A slap in the face, no.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    If I were Wilder I would take the 12.5 million but my stipulation would be a rematch clause and that he gets a 60-40 split if for the rematch if he wins the first fight.

No way would I take 12.5 million. This fight could make well over 100 million. They should at lease get 35 million each. Bowe made 15 million for the Holyfield 2. that was 25 years ago.

Thread Information