Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  33
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Broner vs Vargas - Charlo vs Centeno Jr Showtime.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Broner vs Vargas - Charlo vs Centeno Jr Showtime.

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Beyond the fight, if boxing had some balls they'd fine and/or suspend Broner for his idiotic, insulting rant after the fight. How much of a pass do these fighters get for the sake of the spectacle? Broner is a tired, tired, act. As long as he can get away with the shit he says on the air, he'll have copycat assholes doing the same and worse. Till when? Till someone shoves or punches the interviewer or does something worse? I don't care how good Broner is and/or isn't. He's an ignorant, obnoxious, thuggish little bitch.
    Tito I agree, I'm all for free speech but to make those BS comments broner did about rice and beans was nonsense. Have some cooth. You are in a major event, at a major venue on major networks and u talk shit like that. If a member of my tribe had said racial shit like that there would probably have riots. Broner is a real ass, Mexicans and Puerto Rican's should boycott the idiot. The guy hads no respect for the people paying his bills.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Plenty of top fights for Charlo not just GGG. He needs to keep winning like that to force himself into a big fight, the networks and general fan love nothing more than a spectacular sparko, regardless of the opposition.
    So you want GGG to give up his belt rather than face him? Because you know it was said beginning of the year GGG can't avoid him any longer, he must fight him next. That's why after the fight he said "bring on GGG" because GGG must fight him or be stripped.
    I couldn't give a shit what GGG does or belts. IF Charlo doesn't get to fight GGG then there are plenty of top fights for him - Saunders, Murata, Jacobs, Canelo, Derevyanchenko, Andrade, Lemieux, Arias, Eubank Jr, Cox, Spike etc.

Charlo has a decent chance against the top names and makes for exciting matchups with the punchup merchants.
    Lots of lesser fighters in your list
    Every man mentioned is a step up for him.

You have to walk before you run, young man, learn to walk that walk.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Broner's problem is, naturally he's a fat superfeather. The end.

He can't let his hands go because he has neither the skill/speed/footwork nor strength to take risks against bigger men, the clown deserves credit for not taking more arse whuppings north of 140.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Beyond the fight, if boxing had some balls they'd fine and/or suspend Broner for his idiotic, insulting rant after the fight. How much of a pass do these fighters get for the sake of the spectacle? Broner is a tired, tired, act. As long as he can get away with the shit he says on the air, he'll have copycat assholes doing the same and worse. Till when? Till someone shoves or punches the interviewer or does something worse? I don't care how good Broner is and/or isn't. He's an ignorant, obnoxious, thuggish little bitch.
    Tito I agree, I'm all for free speech but to make those BS comments broner did about rice and beans was nonsense. Have some cooth. You are in a major event, at a major venue on major networks and u talk shit like that. If a member of my tribe had said racial shit like that there would probably have riots. Broner is a real ass, Mexicans and Puerto Rican's should boycott the idiot. The guy hads no respect for the people paying his bills.

He insulted Grey two or three times. Granted Grey is no Boy Scout, but he's an older guy doing his job and deserves some respect. It's a punk ass move to be going off on the interviewer like that. Shades of Floyd going off on Merchant many moons ago. Hey why not. Broner's always wanted to model himself after Mayweather so he's just following suit.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not only that, the man can't get his "Kings" straight. Anybody who would confuse Martin Luther King with Rodney King is an embarrassment to his race.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Plenty of top fights for Charlo not just GGG. He needs to keep winning like that to force himself into a big fight, the networks and general fan love nothing more than a spectacular sparko, regardless of the opposition.
    So you want GGG to give up his belt rather than face him? Because you know it was said beginning of the year GGG can't avoid him any longer, he must fight him next. That's why after the fight he said "bring on GGG" because GGG must fight him or be stripped.
    I couldn't give a shit what GGG does or belts. IF Charlo doesn't get to fight GGG then there are plenty of top fights for him - Saunders, Murata, Jacobs, Canelo, Derevyanchenko, Andrade, Lemieux, Arias, Eubank Jr, Cox, Spike etc.

Charlo has a decent chance against the top names and makes for exciting matchups with the punchup merchants.
    Lots of lesser fighters in your list
    Every man mentioned is a step up for him.

You have to walk before you run, young man, learn to walk that walk.
    One of the guys you mentioned already dropped a belt to avoid him. Now you suggest another drops his belt. Your logic is twisted

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He insulted Grey two or three times. Granted Grey is no Boy Scout, but he's an older guy doing his job and deserves some respect. It's a punk ass move to be going off on the interviewer like that. Shades of Floyd going off on Merchant many moons ago. Hey why not. Broner's always wanted to model himself after Mayweather so he's just following suit.
    Not defending Broner in the least(he's trash worse than Floyd is trash) bit you should probably watch the Floyd/Merchant interview again and pay very close attention to Larry's smirk as he turns away. He provoked exactly what he wanted from that.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not defending Broner in the least(he's trash worse than Floyd is trash) bit you should probably watch the Floyd/Merchant interview again and pay very close attention to Larry's smirk as he turns away. He provoked exactly what he wanted from that.

No I know. Larry was no saint. Matter of fact, many people probably liked seeing Floyd go off on him. Floyd was Floyd, but Broner is just a bad imitation. He does Floyd one better outside the ring, but has fallen way short inside the ring. Probably what has him frustrated to the point he'll say and do anything to get the wrong kind of attention.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One of the best moments in boxing was when merchant said he would kick floyds ass (if he was 50 years younger)

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One of the best moments in boxing was when merchant said he would kick floyds ass (if he was 50 years younger)
    Thing is he probably would too. Floyd is great in a boxing ring with a referee to protect him, but on the street, with a Merchant who likely knows a thing or two about headlocks and ear pulling, and Floyd is in trouble. We mustn't forget that Floyd is so tiny he would likely get cast as one of the hobbits in any new PC version of Lord of the Rings. Larry Merchant is pure rock and roll and you don't mess with a 1960's Larry Merchant.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good card

davis looks the real deal. Hope the Lomachenko fight happens soon

charlo looked impressive beating peewee Herman. I don't know why the ref bothered to count. He should have just pulled out a chair. Let the fun begin its time to let down your hair

vargas and broner was entertaining. I had had it hinging on the last round which I thought vargas won but I'm cool with a draw. Both these guys are fringe gatekeepers. They'll always lose the big fights but are gatekeepers to the top

Thread Information