Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two days of live sports... MLB tomorrow and Golden Boy Boxing on Thursday

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Two days of live sports... MLB tomorrow and Golden Boy Boxing on Thursday

Lots of questions... I'll try to oblige.

The venue was the Coliseo de Puerto Rico, which has a capacity of 18,500 spectators, about 2 thousand short of Madison Square Garden's capacity, as a way of comparison.
    The crowd size was very disappointing, to say the least, which is not the norm down here. I don't know what to attribute it to, probably a combination of factors.
    My understanding is the main event and maybe one or two undercard fights were televised on ESPN2, under Golden Boy Boxing.

The fights themselves were good in their vast majority. As far as prospects, I'd say Carlos Caraballo is one to look for. Only 7 fights and being brought along slowly... but he acquitted himself quite well last night. Jose Lopez was just as impressive, and against much tougher competition. That was probably one of the best fights of the night.

Seems like boxing is enjoying a peak right now in the UK, both in popularity and in success (which begets popularity... LOL).
    The US is in a lull right now, but the support is always constant both in Puerto Rico, as in Mexico, where boxing is always huge.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Two days of live sports... MLB tomorrow and Golden Boy Boxing on Thursday

Roach won that fight.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    As far as prospects, I'd say Carlos Caraballo is one to look for. Only 7 fights and being brought along slowly... but he acquitted himself quite well last night. Jose Lopez was just as impressive, and against much tougher competition. That was probably one of the best fights of the night.
    Hey @TitoFan what do you think of Subriel Matías? He's got a decent test against Adrian Estrella next month. He seems to have been matched well so far.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    As far as prospects, I'd say Carlos Caraballo is one to look for. Only 7 fights and being brought along slowly... but he acquitted himself quite well last night. Jose Lopez was just as impressive, and against much tougher competition. That was probably one of the best fights of the night.
    Hey @TitoFan what do you think of Subriel Matías? He's got a decent test against Adrian Estrella next month. He seems to have been matched well so far.

I haven't seen much of him, but what little I've seen looks promising. Has had all of 21 rounds in his 9 fights so far, so there's a lot of unknowns. Yeah, I'd say Estrella represents a pretty good test for him at this point. We gotta see how he reacts at having to go deeper into fights.

Thread Information