Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: GGG vs Vanes

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    This is why I want Golovkin to fight, beat and destroy Canelo in September.
    I'd be shocked if Canelo..can't believe I'm even hypothesizing on his 'comeback'..but doubt he fights Golovkin right off vacation and knee surgery. He will probably fight Spike while Golovkin waits around growing older fresh off a who cares Vanes match. I don't want to see anyone miss a payday and fair play to Golovkin filling this botched date for that purpose but that's all it is. Cannot express enough how screwed over he is being here all while cinnamon beef eater will be welcomed back by network and promotion and re anointed. Basically just running a long con.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Basically the only fair thing to do would be to give GGG a certain percentage of Canelo’s purse when they fight. Or if Canelo fights somebody else, he owes GGG a percentage from that fight.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BS. If some twat messed up my career for a year, and being robbed can certainly be included in that messed up year, then I would not be interested in giving that person the time of day again. Sometimes in life there is something more than money and those are your principles. We are in an age where political systems and parties have no principles. GGG needs to kickstart the principle revolution. Fuck Canelo. Let him go and fight Adrien Broner. GGG is a man and should fight other men of standing who will not display a lack of honor or virtue. That Canelo is supported by a man who shoves dildo's up his bum is very, very telling. Stay away from them GGG, they are symbols are a wretched decadence that needs to be swept away.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His principles, like all fighters, probably lie with providing a living for his family not what a bunch of idealistic, greedy ghoulish fans demand.

When Golovkin is lying in hospital getting stitched up, having his injuries tended and his brain analysed for damage you won't be there, like you're not for all the months and months of training and promotion work. You get to switch your stream off until next time, he doesn't.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    His principles, like all fighters, probably lie with providing a living for his family not what a bunch of idealistic, greedy ghoulish fans demand.

When Golovkin is lying in hospital getting stitched up, having his injuries tended and his brain analysed for damage you won't be there, like you're not for all the months and months of training and promotion work. You get to switch your stream off until next time, he doesn't.
    But the fans are the consumers of the product (boxing) and we are what makes him money. So in that case he owes it to his fans (who make him rich) to make good fights.

Sure, he can fight lesser competition and most of us will still watch him but it’s cheating his viewers who are paying to see him. So in reality he does owe us because we are the people that allow him to do this for a living.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

But the fans are the consumers of the product (boxing) and we are what makes him money. So in that case he owes it to his fans (who make him rich) to make good fights.

Sure, he can fight lesser competition and most of us will still watch him but it’s cheating his viewers who are paying to see him. So in reality he does owe us because we are the people that allow him to do this for a living.
    That is very true. I will give GGG a pass for this fight seeing how it was all messed up by Canelo, but my point stands, and that is that you should be a man of principle and move on from Canelo. I don't think anyone is denying that GGG needs to provide for his family, but it is a bit like the mafia saying 'I know you have never broken the law, but this one time take the money and put a bullet in him. Your family could use the money. Your principles are there'. I mean you could do that, but why would you reward a man that has attempted to endanger your life by cheating and wasted a year of your life? Boxing is dangerous enough already. Nah, there is plenty of money at the top and you shouldn't sell out. You are the champion of the world. Just make good fights and the money will come in. It's not as much as if you sell your soul to the devil, but there really is more to life than money.

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxers don't owe the fans anything. You can vote with your wallet or your feet but they don't owe you or me owt. The irony is that Golovkin who has been a very active well traveled fighter who had to spend a long time flying under the radar despite a great amateur career, has just proved like Fenster has said, that many boxing fans still won't be happy, whatever he does.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    It's easy to say that with your privilege and double standards. I never make anything an American thing, that's your paranoia.

Giving an opinion is not being deceiving or slick. I fully understand why people are disappointed Golovkin is not fighting a bigger threat. If it was up to me Golovkin would be fighting the very best, hardest possible opponent available. Like spoilt little children boxing fans always demand more, more more. I get it.
    Haha, I'm not disappointed. I expected it. I was a huge huge fan when nobody knew who he was. Then I saw the trend, the double talk that always led away from hard fights. But here you are deceiving again, "demand more more more" for simply wanting the MW champion to fight one of MANY worthy contenders rather than a JR
    MW who hasn't won since 2015 and that was against Ishe Smith. It's not asking for more more more that if he insists on fighting a JR MW he chooses a top JR MW hahaHa

I feel for you man, having to work so hard to defend the indefensible. The fight is pathetic. That it is a stop gap to Canelo in September is pathetic.

Being on a boxing forum with the name Saddo would kind of indicate that here actually many people knew exactly who he was. Myself and Dia were bigging up his and BJS, long before they became the names they are now. Although If i remember rightly even when still an Amateur at Olympic level, if i remember rightly, Dia said that BJS while technically a great boxer. might struggle without the power he would need as a pro. I thought his technical ability, speed and fluidity in defense would be enough to counter that and so far it has seemed to work.

Hopefully after this mess GGG and BJS can give us all a classic for the Saddos and Purists. For me it's a win, win match up. If BJS manages to stop Golovkin pinning him down and getting his work done, or if GGG manages to slow Saunders down in a war of attrition it's all good. It's a fascinating fight that even an early knockout would not ruin too much. If anything the Cownelo gate affair just adds to Golovkins record now. Everyone can see he fought someone for whom the scales were weighted in many more ways than one and more than held his own. He beat him on everything but the cards.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The irony is that nearly all are advocating for Golovkin one way or another while recognizing he's been left to sweep up Canelos shit show. It's a no win situation as you're ready for steak but are served potted meat last minute. No one is talking about starving his family ffs and frankly to put it simply..he's better than this just left to be just snatching up coins. After all he WON the fight between the two, well save for the judges. And the only cheat here is Canelo. A bad match is a bad match regardless of the situation and they have collectively let him to dangle in that condition.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    The irony is that nearly all are advocating for Golovkin one way or another while recognizing he's been left to sweep up Canelos shit show. It's a no win situation as you're ready for steak but are served potted meat last minute. No one is talking about starving his family ffs and frankly to put it simply..he's better than this just left to be just snatching up coins. After all he WON the fight between the two, well save for the judges. And the only cheat here is Canelo. A bad match is a bad match regardless of the situation and they have collectively let him to dangle in that condition.
    Exactly, suggesting GGG still is in need of anything after what boxing has given him is only typical deception.

GGG could have not boxed, he could have stayed in Kazakhstan if he had an average salary he would make 6,588$ a year. And because the Russians wanted to know the lasting effects of nuclear fallout so they intentionally did their nuclear testing above ground in Kazahkstan his family could have stayed there and died of cancer like many other Kazakhs.

GGG has done quite well in boxing, and when you do well in ANYTHING expectations come along with it. Suggesting that is not natural is deception of the most obvious variety.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

Boxers don't owe the fans anything. You can vote with your wallet or your feet but they don't owe you or me owt. The irony is that Golovkin who has been a very active well traveled fighter who had to spend a long time flying under the radar despite a great amateur career, has just proved like Fenster has said, that many boxing fans still won't be happy, whatever he does.
    It’s like when McDonald’s food gets lower quality over time. It’s so popular that people will eat there still but I hear tons of people say they don’t like it anymore and refuse to eat there. Does McDonald’s owe it’s customers anything? Not technically, but they should cater to the people who are buying their food. It would be weird if their food became really low quality and you said “well they used to be really good and I owe it to them to keep eating there even though the food is gross now.”

I am a fan of GGG and have nothing against him. He has fought who he has needed to in the past but recently has let Canelo dictate his career because of the payday. It’s how business works I understand. It doesn’t make it alright though. It’s just unfortunate that a lot of consumers of the product are Mexicans that love lower quality boxing so will always buy Canelo fights.

El Kabong Guest

Vanes Martyrosian is still boxing?!?!?! I was actually surprised by learning that.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Vanes Martyrosian is still boxing?!?!?! I was actually surprised by learning that.
    He is now! Last fight May 2016 which was a loss to Lara, beat Ishe Smith, lost to Jermell Charlo, Andrade. All at light middle.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Yeah he hasn't been relevant for a while. Even spike would've made for a better fight but let's all be thankful they didn't dig up the corpse of Margarito or someone like that.

i suppose it's better than triple G sitting on the shelf until September. Vanes should give him a few rounds. (Can't be any worse than wade) and vanes isn't the type to lay down

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Exactly, suggesting GGG still is in need of anything after what boxing has given him is only typical deception.

GGG could have not boxed, he could have stayed in Kazakhstan if he had an average salary he would make 6,588$ a year. And because the Russians wanted to know the lasting effects of nuclear fallout so they intentionally did their nuclear testing above ground in Kazahkstan his family could have stayed there and died of cancer like many other Kazakhs.

GGG has done quite well in boxing, and when you do well in ANYTHING expectations come along with it. Suggesting that is not natural is deception of the most obvious variety.
    In fairness I don't think boxing gives much to guys taking punches and we really cannot measure a mans needs. Golovkin merits everything he's earned based on those roots and what he came from and obvious ability. But that scale is a two way street and consumers call mismatches out be they some 4 round John Doe or one of the top p4p fighters today. My biggest problem is I think he's being played a bit and the pushback has already shifted off of Canelo the cheat.

Thread Information