Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default GGG vs Vanes

Looks like the fight is a done deal. Vanes hasn’t fought for two years and has never fought at middleweight. Has he been training? I can’t imagine anything but a total destruction

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: GGG vs Vanes

if this goes ahead on the May date , then Golovkin and his team are a complete joke! none of this "it's not his fault" bollocks! Once Canelo pulled out, then either the date gets cancelled or they find a viable opponent if they can. If they can't , the date gets cancelled.
    He had fucking time when this all kicked off to take a short break and then go back into a shorter camp and fight BJS, Charlo or Jacobs. none of the fights they have lined up would be a problem to cancel for this.
    And if none of them wanted it, then at least we would've known who is full of shit and who isn't.
    Fucking wankers.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    if this goes ahead on the May date , then Golovkin and his team are a complete joke! none of this "it's not his fault" bollocks! Once Canelo pulled out, then either the date gets cancelled or they find a viable opponent if they can. If they can't , the date gets cancelled.
    He had fucking time when this all kicked off to take a short break and then go back into a shorter camp and fight BJS, Charlo or Jacobs. none of the fights they have lined up would be a problem to cancel for this.
    And if none of them wanted it, then at least we would've known who is full of shit and who isn't.
    Fucking wankers.
    Yeah but they instead decided to take an easy fight and sit back for a few months to get the money fight (which will be even bigger now than before) with Canelo

Fucks me off it does, I don't necessarily blame GGG he probably knew this was going to be the outcome from the very start and just can't turn down the money at this point in his career, it ain't what we wanted.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It’s extremely obvious that GGG is just waiting for the money. No way is he risking anything to make huge money against Canelo again. He is taking a fight just to take a fight and stay busy. There were plenty of better fighters who were willing to fight him.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is he contractually obligated somehow to fill that date? When it started to look like a Vanes..who was already rejected unanimously by the sanctioning bodies..or the other fella from Mexico they should have just scrapped the date all together. This is just Golovkin being a company man and saving some face for them. They really put him in a shit situation.

On the other hand I can't knock him for not bending over backwards trying to fix a fiasco that Canelo 100 percent created. He's the one who did his job, carried himself as a professional and more importantly didn't shovel garbage into his body looking for illegal advantages. Ideally we want the very best vs the very best but on 30 days notice and all the politics that already go into making mega fights normally it's not likely for most. Canelos cheating self is laughing his ass off as Golovkin gets slapped around for this mess.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm disappointed they couldn't force the IBF mando against Derevyanchenko, but can understand both deserving a full camp to prepare for each other. Vanes is pretty tough and a better opponent than O'Sullivan in my opinion, I think his inactivity hurts him tho. GGG deserves to get in the ring and fight, he held up to his side of the deal, he should get a payday of some sort.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why is the onus on Golovkin to cancel his date? He's been planning/training for this date since last year, the other top fighters could have changed their plans, took him on short notice, took a paycut if they were so desperate to meet him (which is an oxymoron).

Just look how he made his name. How many boxing stars offer themselves up for peanuts, short notice date fillers against anyone anywhere? In the past 10 years the man has fought in - Germany, Denmark, Panama, Russia, Ukraine, Monte Carlo, Kazakstan, London and all over the States, New York, California, Connecticut and Vegas. He's moved his family to live in at least three different countries, all with different cultures and languages.

Virtually every American is paranoid about leaving the States, many HOFers, your heroes, go entire careers with "home advantage" let alone travel abroad. Any win by a Brit on foreign soil gets 100-x the kudos. The vast majority of stars are mollycoddled from day one, hunted by the biggest, richest outfits in boxing.

Golovkin is the last fighter who deserves criticism for doing his job.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It isn't where you fight no matter how much slickster wants to deceive. It's who you fight. He always wants to turn it into an American thing but the fact he doesn't want you to know behind his deception is historically, yes, Americans fight in America, and it can not be question no matter how much the deceitful try that Americans fight better fighters.

Lately, I don't know. But go ahead folks defend another shite GGG opponent. You've been doing it for years, no reason to stop now. In fact, I'd like to hear one of the classics, tell me how good Rosado is ,😈

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's an awful fight. I wouldn't mind if it was to stay busy and fight some meaningful opponents, but if it is to then be about fighting Canelo again? Well, fuck 'em. I am just not interested. I want to see GGG fight people he hasn't already beaten. A Canelo circus really means nothing except money.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's easy to say that with your privilege and double standards. I never make anything an American thing, that's your paranoia.

Giving an opinion is not being deceiving or slick. I fully understand why people are disappointed Golovkin is not fighting a bigger threat. If it was up to me Golovkin would be fighting the very best, hardest possible opponent available. Like spoilt little children boxing fans always demand more, more more. I get it.
    Last edited by Fenster; 04-20-2018 at 12:22 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo's to blame in all this. GGG may have been able to postpone but money has already been spent in getting to this point, not to forget all the training. I do hope he goes another route than Canelo tho, get this fight out of the way, then target BJS, Charlo, Derevyanchenko or Murata.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'm disappointed they couldn't force the IBF mando against Derevyanchenko, but can understand both deserving a full camp to prepare for each other. Vanes is pretty tough and a better opponent than O'Sullivan in my opinion, I think his inactivity hurts him tho. GGG deserves to get in the ring and fight, he held up to his side of the deal, he should get a payday of some sort.
    Fair assessment. Far as I could tell Spike looked cool with his fancy old timely mustache and I’m sure is tough, but didn’t have much of a world class resume. Vanes does at 154...sorta...tho he’s had a couple of gifts as I recall. One against ouma I think.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    It's easy to say that with your privilege and double standards. I never make anything an American thing, that's your paranoia.

Giving an opinion is not being deceiving or slick. I fully understand why people are disappointed Golovkin is not fighting a bigger threat. If it was up to me Golovkin would be fighting the very best, hardest possible opponent available. Like spoilt little children boxing fans always demand more, more more. I get it.
    Haha, I'm not disappointed. I expected it. I was a huge huge fan when nobody knew who he was. Then I saw the trend, the double talk that always led away from hard fights. But here you are deceiving again, "demand more more more" for simply wanting the MW champion to fight one of MANY worthy contenders rather than a JR
    MW who hasn't won since 2015 and that was against Ishe Smith. It's not asking for more more more that if he insists on fighting a JR MW he chooses a top JR MW hahaHa

I feel for you man, having to work so hard to defend the indefensible. The fight is pathetic. That it is a stop gap to Canelo in September is pathetic.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo should be totally out of the GGG picture by now. As was said earlier, this mess was entirely CANELO'S FAULT, and has put Golovkin in a very bad, seemingly unwinnable position. Damned it you do, damned if you don't. Meanwhile Ginger gets a laughable 6-month suspension, and again as was said earlier, is laughing his contaminated meat ass off and getting a little vacation to boot. It was Canelo who derailed the train..... and GGG is supposed to run around salvaging the pieces so us fans won't get mad?? Fukk that shet! Look at their respective records. You gotta look at the whole picture, not just this one fight. GGG has taken on anybody who has wanted him at 160. Meanwhile, Canelo has played ring-around-the-rosies with weight divisions as long as we can remember. Golovkin has slowly earned his notoriety, not having the luxury of having been born with a silver spoon in his mouth. So now, because precious Ginger gets caught cheating (something he's done for a LONG TIME)..... Golovkin gets burned at the stake?!? Grow up, people.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is why I want Golovkin to fight, beat and destroy Canelo in September.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information