Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Brook vs Spence Jnr had been at 154, would the result have been different?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default If Brook vs Spence Jnr had been at 154, would the result have been different?

:-/
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Brook vs Spence Jnr had been at 154, would the result have been different?

Brook believes it would have been different but no, Spence beats him again maybe not by stoppage.

Brook wants a rematch and Spence says for a title he would do it and come back to Britain.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Brook vs Spence Jnr had been at 154, would the result have been different?

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    :-/
    Probably not.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Probably wouldn't have traveled for Brook if he wasn't wearing the trinket. Don't think weight would have helped much.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't quote understand the question. Is the concept that those 7 pounds spread over his entire body will make his eye socket stronger?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spence would have stopped him the same. I hope Brook wins a title at 154 so Spence can put him in his place again.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I don't quote understand the question. Is the concept that those 7 pounds spread over his entire body will make his eye socket stronger?
    No, the concept is I'm sure that Brook was winning the fight in a lot of peoples eyes and the extra weight, strength, stamina would have meant that he would have possibly been even more in control (in some peoples eyes) and not been as susceptible to the Spence body attack and later head attack that ultimately ended the fight.

Just my two cents of course.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did Brook even beat Porter?..mmmm.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Did Brook even beat Porter?..mmmm.
    Yes, Brook did. Porter does what he normally does and swarms his good work.

El Kabong Guest

Brook is on limited time he really got thrashed by GGG and fighting Spence right after that was a bad call, he needed a rebound win and get some momentum going forward. His eye is going to be permanently damaged if he continues as is.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    No, the concept is I'm sure that Brook was winning the fight in a lot of peoples eyes and the extra weight, strength, stamina would have meant that he would have possibly been even more in control (in some peoples eyes) and not been as susceptible to the Spence body attack and later head attack that ultimately ended the fight.

Just my two cents of course.
    Well, it’s an interesting question. From my perspective Brook was never winning the fight, he was winning rounds. But while Brook was winning rounds Spence was always doing the more lasting damage.

Any slight difference can have a great affect on a fight though. My belief is that the lasting damage was going to tell as the fight progressed either way. But we can’t be certain.

Seems like a question worthy of watching the fight again though. I haven’t seen it in a few months and have a little free time.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a close fight early on both having good moments but after around 6th round Spence started taking over. Spence is a quality fighter and his body shots paid dividends later on in the fight. Brook weakened and tired, whether that was due to weight is the question but think it did not as much as Spence being the much better fighter.

Quality fight to watch again anyway.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Every time I watch that fight I think Brook's chin is legendary. Spence landed bombs and he took it. That fight makes me respect Brook more than any other. Just watched it again and it's still a treat.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've always highly rated Brook. Coming up, he had excellent technique, hurtful power, that awkward Ingle gym style and he was a very big welterweight. He has shown a good chin and guts too.

I suspect that he hasn't always trained as well as he could and I think he has been badly handled. As he was rising through the ranks, he was probably the most avoided fighter in the division. He waited ages for a title shot because he was never a huge payday for anyone. That is his promoter's fault for not making him a marquee star - as so many lesser British boxers have been.

Shoving him in with Golovkin, two weights up, was a move of madness! He had so many other options and he ended up in the ring against a genuine destroyer. Nobody defeated by Golovkin has ever been the same fighter, in my opinion.

Brook got badly hurt, and I think he was damaged goods ever since then.

With regards to whether he might have beaten Spence at a different weight, I don't think so. Much as I rate Brook as a boxer, I think Spence is showing us what a very special talent he is.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information